Become a Patron!

what is temperature compensate?

bane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
just bought the sx mini ml class. i noticed there's this option in the setting call "temperature compensate".

can anyone explain to me what does it mean or do?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Nickel (Ni200) wire has an extreme change in resistance, depending on it's temperature. This is used in TC mode, to regulate the temperature. Some devices provide TC mode for Titanium (Ti) and Stainless Steel (SS) as well.
Therefore, the vapor will be produced at the set temperature without over heating.

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I think your asking about the manual TCR setting in the menu. It allows you the fine tune the device for what ever kind of wire your using.

I haven't used it as I'm happy with Ti wire but with Steam engine or if you google TCR settings you can find a list of the settings for the different types of wire.

I know others on the forum know a lot more about it than I do. I'd suggest starting a new thread called (TCR settings help ) or something along those lines and you'll get all the help you need.

https://vapingg33k.com/tcr-value-of-ni200-t1-and-ss-stainless-steel-wire/
this site has a list of values for the different wires.

Last edited:

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
"I should also mention that if you download the SXI-Q software you can do all your settings from your computer.

bane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Nickel (Ni200) wire has an extreme change in resistance, depending on it's temperature. This is used in TC mode, to regulate the temperature. Some devices provide TC mode for Titanium (Ti) and Stainless Steel (SS) as well.
Therefore, the vapor will be produced at the set temperature without over heating.
yes, i understand that resistance changes dramatically on wire like nickel, titanium and SS for TC to worked. but there's this setting on the ML class call "compensate temp", which is set to default at 25F degree. i couldn't figure out what is this for.

bane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think your asking about the manual TCR setting in the menu. It allows you the fine tune the device for what ever kind of wire your using.

I haven't used it as I'm happy with Ti wire but with Steam engine or if you google TCR settings you can find a list of the settings for the different types of wire.

I know others on the forum know a lot more about it than I do. I'd suggest starting a new thread called (TCR settings help ) or something along those lines and you'll get all the help you need.

https://vapingg33k.com/tcr-value-of-ni200-t1-and-ss-stainless-steel-wire/
this site has a list of values for the different wires.

"I should also mention that if you download the SXI-Q software you can do all your settings from your computer.
i didn't get to use the TCR setting yet, becos i don have a windows computer with me. i'm now simply using the device out of the box, which works great i must say, with the ability to select i200, ti1 or SS. however, i still can't figure out wat is "compensate temp".

lordmage

The Sky has Fallen. the End is Here.
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
No other term is as misleading as “compensated temperature range”. Let's first begin with what is meant: The compensated temperature range is the temperature range in which the temperature error, and accordingly the temperature coefficients, are valid.
Today, the correct designation is “rated temperature” source is none vape related http://blog.wika.com/knowhow/temperature-compensation-pressure-sensors/

but i think the take away is it is either the temp you want to vape at.
the range in which the tc mode will provide power to a set temp.
for example you said it was default at 25 so if you set 400 as your temp then it could turn off at 400 and then back on at 375.

quick google found one video
that might help

according to the video you can use it to compensate for ambient outside temp.

Last edited:

bane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
No other term is as misleading as “compensated temperature range”. Let's first begin with what is meant: The compensated temperature range is the temperature range in which the temperature error, and accordingly the temperature coefficients, are valid.
Today, the correct designation is “rated temperature” source is none vape related http://blog.wika.com/knowhow/temperature-compensation-pressure-sensors/

for example you said it was default at 25 so if you set 400 as your temp then it could turn off at 400 and then back on at 375.

quick google found one video
that might help

sorry i still don't get it.

say if i set the temp at 400F, "compensate temp" at 25F. so when i vaped, the temp would hit 400F n remains at it, so what does the "compensate temp" do?

what does it mean to "compensate for ambient outside temp"?

thank you for ur helped, pls be patience with me:)

sorry i still don't get it.

say if i set the temp at 400F, "compensate temp" at 25F. so when i vaped, the temp would hit 400F n remains at it, so what does the "compensate temp" do?

what does it mean to "compensate for ambient outside temp"?

thank you for ur helped, pls be patience with me:)

Last edited by a moderator:

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes, i understand that resistance changes dramatically on wire like nickel, titanium and SS for TC to worked. but there's this setting on the ML class call "compensate temp", which is set to default at 25F degree. i couldn't figure out what is this for.
Are you sure that isn't the room temp setting, in C not F?

bane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Are you sure that isn't the room temp setting, in C not F?
i could change it from Celsius to Fahrenheit. say if i set the temp on my device on 180C degree, then the default "compensate temp" will be 25C degree. n if i set it as 400F, the default "compensate temp" will be 25F.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
i could change it from Celsius to Fahrenheit. say if i set the temp on my device on 180C degree, then the default "compensate temp" will be 25C degree. n if i set it as 400F, the default "compensate temp" will be 25F.
I know on the M class that after the new upgrade there is a room temp setting, which always annoys me because it's in C and I have to convert!

bane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know on the M class that after the new upgrade there is a room temp setting, which always annoys me because it's in C and I have to convert!
room temp setting? what is it named under the setting of ur M class?

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
room temp setting? what is it named under the setting of ur M class?
I forget, but it pops up right after I lock in the resistance (it's in the other room, but I can check later). This comes up on the main screen and not in the menu.

bane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I forget, but it pops up right after I lock in the resistance (it's in the other room, but I can check later). This comes up on the main screen and not in the menu.
oh.. it must be "compensate temp" then. after locking the resistance on ur sxm, u'll see "compensate temp". urs shows up in Celsius probably because u set C on ur temp limit.

u have any idea what is that for?

Angrygod50

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
O that setting. The mod assumes that the avg. room temp is 25C when you lock your resistance in you can adjust for the actual temp of your room. It makes the temp curve more accurate. I can't say about the ML but amandaD is right, on the M class it only shows C not F.

bane

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
O that setting. The mod assumes that the avg. room temp is 25C when you lock your resistance in you can adjust for the actual temp of your room. It makes the temp curve more accurate. I can't say about the ML but amandaD is right, on the M class it only shows C not F.
i just read sm thread on the M class. n yes, amandaD is right, the "compensate temp" default setting on the M class is in Celsius.

looks like the "compensate temp" is for u to adjust it according to ur room temp so that u won't overheat the temp limit when u vaped, it simply is a way to make tc more accurate, nice.

VU Sponsors