Become a Patron!

What is the smallest mod available with wattage of 120+ and TC mode?

jororose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I need a mod of at least 120+ watt and TC mode but prefer a small mod, it's ok if it takes 2 18650 batteries, just the smallest one out there right now that's reliable. I know they have a bunch of mini mods but those usually must be charged through a USB and only have 80 max watt. Any suggestions? Thanks !!

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
I need a mod of at least 120+ watt and TC mode but prefer a small mod, it's ok if it takes 2 18650 batteries, just the smallest one out there right now that's reliable. I know they have a bunch of mini mods but those usually must be charged through a USB and only have 80 max watt. Any suggestions? Thanks !!

the smok alien is really small takes 2 18650 batts and does 220 watts and TC

the smoant battlestar is kinda small but shaped different does 200 watts and TC and takes 2 18650 batts

the coolfire IV TC100 is small as well but only 100 watts. does TC but has built in 3400mah battery and recharges on the mod only through USB

I'm sure @Paratech @mjag and @Deucesjack might know of a couple other as well

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The smallest mods I can think of that do 120+ watts are the Alien and IPV 6x and 8, the last 2 I don't have though so can't speak to how they vape. I think @Paratech says he likes the IPV6X though but you have to make sure and get the latest version with all the fixes.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The smallest mods I can think of that do 120+ watts are the Alien and IPV 6x and 8, the last 2 I don't have though so can't speak to how they vape. I think @Paratech says he likes the IPV6X though but you have to make sure and get the latest version with all the fixes.
Fit and form I do like the IPV6 as well as the IPV8 however as stated, with the IPV6 getting the final version is key.
Down side is there isn't a way to know what version you're getting until you have it in hand.
(just like Crown coils)
Both are fine for power mode, I wouldn't use them for anything else.
One of my IPV8 refuses to even see SS.

If it were me I'd certainly get the Smok Alien.
PLENTY of colors to choose from, hard not to find one you'd like.
Does all it is supposed to do and does it well.

Last edited:

The Vape Crusader

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alien is a great choice, cheaper choice would be an IPV400, I think VapeNW is having a clearance on them and they wind up being like 36.50 after coupon code.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer

Sorry, I could not help but notice you are a new member here.

So Welcome to the UNDERGROUND!

Anyway, may I ask how long you have been vaping and why are you fixated on 120 Watts and Temp Control?

fq06

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The Hohm slice is only 101 watts but it feels like it hits harder, that would be my choice.

I'll 2nd that, it's a sleeper rated at 101 and punches above its weight class.

I would like to see and think we will... more 2s lipo pack mods that have onboard balance chargers. If you have any solder skills at all replacement packs would be simple if needed (if not, buy another mod in 2 years) and the discharge capability is miles above what we require. Even 2s packs.

I've always preferred and you see most people asking about a more compact mod with the same or better capabilities than the rest. Lipo packs can be had in soooooo many flavors of size and capacity/discharge rate manufacturers could start going towards a little fatter chassis like a 26650 mod but shorter and take the lipo cell packs size shorter and fatter. Throw in a 3000 capacity 2s 50a pack into a slightly fatter single cell mod size case and I'd be so into it. Oh, and replacement packs are $15 from hobbyking ;)

Last edited:

jororose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Sorry, I could not help but notice you are a new member here.

So Welcome to the UNDERGROUND!

Anyway, may I ask how long you have been vaping and why are you fixated on 120 Watts and Temp Control?
I'm pretty new, maybe 3 months...as I said I'm a bit of a cloud chaser so I want the power for bigger clouds but don't like too hot of a vape...I like warmer so that's why I wanted temp control as well. I'm also looking for a tank that has a wide range ~40-100w that has nice flavor as well. Thanks for all the suggestions!

jororose

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion...I've been looking at the Alien smok...do you know how that compares to the Cuboid?

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion...I've been looking at the Alien smok...do you know how that compares to the Cuboid?
Much better then a cubiod.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Johnnytraveler

Gold Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm pretty new, maybe 3 months...as I said I'm a bit of a cloud chaser so I want the power for bigger clouds but don't like too hot of a vape...I like warmer so that's why I wanted temp control as well. I'm also looking for a tank that has a wide range ~40-100w that has nice flavor as well. Thanks for all the suggestions!
Your not gonna get +120W from a single 18650 mod (as you hinted at in your op). It'll need to be dual 18650 if you want to avoid charging in the device (again, as mentioned in the op).
Small form dual 18650 will be smok alien, p4y ipv8/6x or Battlestar.
Alien +$50, whereas the others are around $40. Alien is not the greatest at tc, but awesome in W mode. I don't hear too much about ipv in tc mode, so can't advise. I was surprised to learn that the Battlestar does fine with tc as it's the cheapest of the 3. The size and form factor of alien and ipv are the same. The Battlestar is small but a different shape (more triangular). Get the ipv8 instead of the 6x as it definitely has all the updated software thay plagued the early batches of the 6x.
Most rta/rda can do +120W, but you must coil and wick them yourself. If you are talking about sub-ohm tanks with disposable coils, look at the cloudbeast. Pick the coils you want as some are rated up to 300W.

Sent from somewhere in Vietnam.

Last edited:

Justin89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Vaporshark DNA166? Dual 18650 and of course the Dna 250 chip. I have the original dna 200 and still works flawlessly after a year of use.

Justin89

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
As for the tank I would look for a sense blazer, smok tfv8, wismec Reux or my personal favorite the original crown. Dam fine vape as long as you purchase your coils through uwell. Still battle testing the se1 but so far I'm still digging the original.

mjag

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks

I don't have a Cuboid, never wanted one, it's a heavy bastard.

The one thing I would warn you about with the Alien is don't do the latest firmware. I did with mine and now SS316L TC sucks on it, SS304 works great though. For some people it does work though but there are enough of us whose performance for 316L has gone to shit that it really is a problem.

Paratech

I forgot
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks
Alien is shorter, thinner, lighter than the Cuboid.
Alien has fire bar, cuboid has button.
There are a few threads on the cuboid in here.
Size comparison looks like this:
(I leave my screen protectors on until they fall off or annoy the hell out of me)
(Cuboid sitting where the purple Alien belongs)

20170112_175000.jpg 20170112_174932.jpg

If I had 1 Alien and someone offered me 30 Cuboids even trade, I'd keep the one Alien.
Even if it were broken.

BreSha6869

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Alien is shorter, thinner, lighter than the Cuboid.
Alien has fire bar, cuboid has button.
There are a few threads on the cuboid in here.
Size comparison looks like this:
(I leave my screen protectors on until they fall off or annoy the hell out of me)
(Cuboid sitting where the purple Alien belongs)

View attachment 71301 View attachment 71302

If I had 1 Alien and someone offered me 30 Cuboids even trade, I'd keep the one Alien.
Even if it were broken.
Sooooo.... what do you think about the cuboid? ;)

VU Sponsors