Become a Patron!

What kind of coils to build?

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
when i look at images on google showing different RDA's and RTA's they have coils that wrap just enought to fill the gap from post to post. I need on advice on what coil to make that isnt terribly hard to build that will fill the gap on the deck. Usually when i build a coil for the limitless or Tsunami 24 the coil is only like 3mm wide...

I have Stainless 316L in 24g,26g and kanthal in 26g.
Want to make something big enough to create some clouds and use around 80-100w (using the G2)

My decks are limitless plus, and Tsunami 24 both have identical decks.

Advice, on what wire to use what to build, how many wraps etc. My tools are 521, and coil master 1mm-4mm jigs.

I'd prefer SS but don't mind kanthal since my mods can VW/TC both wires w/o issues.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Get another thinner wire and start making claptons.
I would start with the most basic single core clapton, 32g around 26g and advance from there.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I would start with the most basic single core clapton, 32g around 26g and advance from there.
Can I wrap kanthal 26g around 32g 316?
Also for now, would like to use what I have listed. And when I get my order in for thinner wire all start Clapton builds.

Last edited:

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of vape do you want? Are you after asthetics or peformance? Me I would model some builds with steamengine then try a few builds.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Can I wrap kanthal 26g around 32g 316?
Also for now, would like to use what I have listed. And when I get my order in for thinner wire all start Clapton builds.

The lower gauge wire is thicker than the higher gauge wire. Therefore, you usually use a lower gauge wire in the core, wrapped/claptoned by higher gauge wire. However, you can mix wire materials.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The lower gauge wire is thicker than the higher gauge wire. Therefore, you usually use a lower gauge wire in the core, wrapped/claptoned by higher gauge wire. However, you can mix wire materials.
Lol yea I was half asleep typing that.
I ment wrapping 32g kanthal around 26gss. Good to know.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Can someone link me to raymo coil for sale thread if there is one?

OneBadWolf

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee

Some of my favorite Claptons are exactly that, but hybrid, with Kanthol over the 316.

Easy to make. If you want to get extreme, 26 gauge Kanthol over 22 gauge 304 SS are beastly cloud chuckers

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
a28fbc3934fc4439f27ff50c04e4093d.jpg

26G 316L Twist x2
6 wraps, 2.5mm
Whats that 0.2ohms?

Took about 3ft of the 26g
Twisted it in a drill till the wire had a lot of tension, then folded in half and ran it in the drill toll the twist spiral looked pretty lol and wrapped the wire into coils by hand.

Going to install in the doge v2 comp rda.

G2= hohm wrecker g2.

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Order 32g kanthal on a 100ft spool. Plan to use that as an outer wrap.

Should I use two strands of 26g SS or kanthal for the cores?
Should o build a one strand clapton or 4? Lol

I want to build two coils that will end up being .40ohms

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Do you want each coil to run .4 (which will give you .2) or do you want .8 coils so you can hit .4?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
IMG_6782.JPG

Here's some of Ray's coils going on what I believe is their 5th month and still going strong. I just dry burn and rinse every time I rewick (every 2 days) and they keep trucking along.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
View attachment 61970

Here's some of Ray's coils going on what I believe is their 5th month and still going strong. I just dry burn and rinse every time I rewick (every 2 days) and they keep trucking along.
5 months? Jesus. I never keep coils going for more then a week or 2

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

CashNVape

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Do you want each coil to run .4 (which will give you .2) or do you want .8 coils so you can hit .4?
Hell I'll build some 0.8 and 0.4s(it's nice to have choices). I don't see a Clapton calculater on steam engine Web page that's why I'm asking here.

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hell I'll build some 0.8 and 0.4s(it's nice to have choices). I don't see a Clapton calculater on steam engine Web page that's why I'm asking here.

You have to use the wire wizard section

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

fartbubble

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years

Reason I asked is if you're wanting .8, kanthal core in the way to go & .4 should be 316.

Personally prefer multi core claptons as it gives the coils more wicking.

VU Sponsors