Become a Patron!

What mod should I get?

David Shmosh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, I'm new to vaping and I started with a protank 3 mini. I really want to drip and make my own coils. So I got an octopus that runs off of some lame starter battery but I am not satisfied. I just want a nice warm vape with a lot of flavor but I have no idea what to buy. I am looking for something around .8 ohms (daily) that can have potential to go down to the .3s (when i'm feeling creative). looking for a set up anywhere from $60- $150. The cheaper the better. Keep in mind i want everything (including ohm meter) except the juice. Please link me some options

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Veritas! The clone is $20 the ehpro is the best IMO

David Shmosh

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I need more of a full build. Not just an rda. I need an rda, mod, battery, charger, ohm meter. I just don't know what to get that can support a .8 ohm with the option of using a sub ohm when I want it. I am a fan of the Hades mod... But what rda would be good? I just need full build ideas

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Samsung 20r or 25r battery a copper Manhattan from angelcigs a nitecore intelicharger any basic ohm reader that's what I ran. About $65 ish. check out angelcigs for RDA and mods you can get a nice setup for $40

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
are you looking for a mech mod tube style or a regulated mod (like a box mod)?

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
go to vape shop try out a few mods and make a choice.. if you are new maybe an EGO or a Itaste MVP or a Eleaf may be your best choice

dave/jayce

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Hey guys, I'm new to vaping and I started with a protank 3 mini. I really want to drip and make my own coils. So I got an octopus that runs off of some lame starter battery but I am not satisfied. I just want a nice warm vape with a lot of flavor but I have no idea what to buy. I am looking for something around .8 ohms (daily) that can have potential to go down to the .3s (when i'm feeling creative). looking for a set up anywhere from $60- $150. The cheaper the better. Keep in mind i want everything (including ohm meter) except the juice. Please link me some options
I have 4 mods and an rda of ypur choice for sale. If your interest pm me and ill give you details. Great deal...

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Get the mini smok bell RDA its easy to build and is fantastic for flavor and I drilled it out to 1/16 and it chucks
And its $6 on madvapes.com

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been vaping since late 2011 and still don't know much about what I'm doing. I don't know anybody else who vapes. The store that sold me this, well, the people know what they sell but I know more than most of them about this thing than I do through trial and error and gathering what I can from other web sites. I would appreciate your help and glad I found this place on Pinterest looking for the increasingly difficult to find viva nova 2.8ohm heads. Usually I find on seller sites they are out of stock.

First off, what is this thing (pic below)? It has variable voltage 3.0-6.0v. It takes a 510 screw, whatever that is. It uses 18650 3.7V batteries. RDA, Atomizer, mechanical, I don't know what those are. Or a drip. I know I have a viva nova single core head and tank. I know 2.8 ohm heads last longest because I can lower voltage when the head starts dying (ohms drop). It took me a couple of years just to figure out how adjusting voltage was useful! I know it tastes burnt if voltage is more than 1.2 over ohms (I can read ohms on it) and its like sucking air if volts are less than .8 over ohms. I fill the tank, 2.8 ml, three times in two days.

I like it ok but usually wish for more hit/vapor and flavor. I use mostly 50/50 liquids. Flavor is ok when I refill but after about half a tank, all flavors taste about the same. Some hint of flavor, but not much. It is also awfully big. About 8 inches with tank but like the fact the 3400 MAH (if label is accurate) lasts about 1.5 days. I've read about dual cores and saw quad cores on here but don't know how they are better. I don't have time (or maybe too lazy?) for frequent refils, rebuilding heads, or changing heads often. I don't like the fact that 1 out of 10 viva nova heads are DOA and some last 3 days while the rare one lasts 10 days (with voltage adjustments).

So my questions are, Where can I read about basic education on these things? Everything I find is over my head. Am I using a model T that needs to be traded in? Can this thing be upgraded to other heads (they cost $70 and I have two) and would that be good for me? What do more cores do and are they more expensive, longer/shorter life. What would be the best lazy man's choice for vaping?

Sorry for the long post but I've been saving this up for years. Again, no bit of advice would be too basic for this simpleton.

IMG_0784.jpg

CigetteVapor

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you want to drip, any atomizer with decent airflow will work awesome. I have been dripping and building for a year now and I can say that any atomizer with decent airflow is nice. the TOBH 2.5 is my daily vape at .3 ohms.

For a mod I'd recommend the Vanilla (auth or clone) or any mod that has adjustable pins in the top cap. Preferably copper pins (they will hit harder because of the coppers better conductivity).

I'd look into the LUC v2 charger. It is a nice charger that will charge you batteries very very fast. Keep in mind that you can not charge a battery at 1amp that has less than 1000mAh (you can barely find those batteries anyways).

Look into Samsung 25r batteries. Those are the batteries that will take the better Sony's place for now. There are imrin (spell imrin?) batteries that are coming out and are a bit better. But the samsungs are available pretty much anywhere.

I hope this post helps you in finding that mech set up!

Byter

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you want to drip, any atomizer with decent airflow will work awesome. I have been dripping and building for a year now and I can say that any atomizer with decent airflow is nice. the TOBH 2.5 is my daily vape at .3 ohms.

For a mod I'd recommend the Vanilla (auth or clone) or any mod that has adjustable pins in the top cap. Preferably copper pins (they will hit harder because of the coppers better conductivity).

I'd look into the LUC v2 charger. It is a nice charger that will charge you batteries very very fast. Keep in mind that you can not charge a battery at 1amp that has less than 1000mAh (you can barely find those batteries anyways).

Look into Samsung 25r batteries. Those are the batteries that will take the better Sony's place for now. There are imrin (spell imrin?) batteries that are coming out and are a bit better. But the samsungs are available pretty much anywhere.

I hope this post helps you in finding that mech set up!

Sorry, I missed this somehow way back when but appreciate the response. I ended up with a VaporShark for now, but will refer back to this when I'm ready to drip. Right now I can't afford the time on the learning curve. Too much travel. Too much time working. Too OCD to stop what I'm focused on to refill. And I know building would become an obsession for me. I have to be careful what I take on because when in, I'm all in. I still need the tank training wheels I'm afraid.

Got my 25r's in the mail while I was away this week. I can't wait to see how long they vape. I'm running a personal comparison between HE2 and 25R because VaporShark came with HE2.

huston

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I need more of a full build. Not just an rda. I need an rda, mod, battery, charger, ohm meter. I just don't know what to get that can support a .8 ohm with the option of using a sub ohm when I want it. I am a fan of the Hades mod... But what rda would be good? I just need full build ideas
I just ordered the slug mod clone with a copper plumveil rda, 2 batteries, charger, drip tip with shipping for 126.50 from rba

Any tube mod clone just make sure you take it apart in the shop and the threads and everything feel solid. I would say a Tobh clone is a good start. Airflow is good down to .3 but you can close it up if you go .8. You will have the option to run a chuff in the future too. I am a tugboat junkie and that always pisses me off that I can't run cool tops....but flawless makes dope options and so does AV. Maybe a fuhatten for the mod. Really solid mod at a great price. Standard ohm reader wire cutters small screwdrivers tweezers a bag of organic cotton balls and I would suggest a a q vapes coiler if you want a solid way to wrap. Choke down on the nic too. When you start dropping it will hit you hard. Dr crimmys has a 1.5 nic option. I would start there. Plus the juice is amazing. Have fun!

I've been vaping since late 2011 and still don't know much about what I'm doing. I don't know anybody else who vapes. The store that sold me this, well, the people know what they sell but I know more than most of them about this thing than I do through trial and error and gathering what I can from other web sites. I would appreciate your help and glad I found this place on Pinterest looking for the increasingly difficult to find viva nova 2.8ohm heads. Usually I find on seller sites they are out of stock.

First off, what is this thing (pic below)? It has variable voltage 3.0-6.0v. It takes a 510 screw, whatever that is. It uses 18650 3.7V batteries. RDA, Atomizer, mechanical, I don't know what those are. Or a drip. I know I have a viva nova single core head and tank. I know 2.8 ohm heads last longest because I can lower voltage when the head starts dying (ohms drop). It took me a couple of years just to figure out how adjusting voltage was useful! I know it tastes burnt if voltage is more than 1.2 over ohms (I can read ohms on it) and its like sucking air if volts are less than .8 over ohms. I fill the tank, 2.8 ml, three times in two days.

I like it ok but usually wish for more hit/vapor and flavor. I use mostly 50/50 liquids. Flavor is ok when I refill but after about half a tank, all flavors taste about the same. Some hint of flavor, but not much. It is also awfully big. About 8 inches with tank but like the fact the 3400 MAH (if label is accurate) lasts about 1.5 days. I've read about dual cores and saw quad cores on here but don't know how they are better. I don't have time (or maybe too lazy?) for frequent refils, rebuilding heads, or changing heads often. I don't like the fact that 1 out of 10 viva nova heads are DOA and some last 3 days while the rare one lasts 10 days (with voltage adjustments).

So my questions are, Where can I read about basic education on these things? Everything I find is over my head. Am I using a model T that needs to be traded in? Can this thing be upgraded to other heads (they cost $70 and I have two) and would that be good for me? What do more cores do and are they more expensive, longer/shorter life. What would be the best lazy man's choice for vaping?

Sorry for the long post but I've been saving this up for years. Again, no bit of advice would be too basic for this simpleton.

View attachment 8825
Rip trippers on YouTube.

Xhalin

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
When I got into it- first thing I read was basic electronics stuff- Ohms Law, etc etc....

It really was the key to saving me $ because I knew what I was getting and how to look at stuff- and know whether it was worth it because of the materials used, the power source I chose, etc etc... I saved a little more in some cases in order to not buy twice....

VU Sponsors