Become a Patron!

What Next ?

Hello,

I have been vaping with a Joyetech e-go series (LR) for almost a year now. I am not getting the hit that I want. I see the commercials with guys taking huge hits with smoke coming out of their mouth and their nose and the like. What are they using? I am kind of tired of using Joyetech e-go series and want a serious throat hit with some nice exhaust. I also don't want to spend more than $35-$50 bucks a month . . . but what are they using. I want a nice hit, with lot's of smoke.

Any recommendations?

Thank you,

Dave L.

Ps. I want to invest in a nice piece of equipment to start . . . maybe $75 to $150 to start (but, not more than $35-$50 to maintain each month.)

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The eGo series is a decent thing to start with.

Many of us have.

As for lot's of "smoke" (and by the way most of us refer to it as vapor) coming out of every orifice of you body, IMHO it is nothing to be impressed with.

Unless you want to piss of the non vapers around you.

And I am going to catch some grief from the cloud chasers here.

What are you willing to shell out for really good gear that will last you?

The more you spend the better you get.

It does not have to be a lot though.

After that initial outlay $35 to $50 a month is doable and you can get great flavor and a great "hit" as you call it.

But if you want to walk around in clouds of vapor, that is indeed gonna cost you.

Just saying...............

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Next step up im my opinion is a variable watt device..What tank and coil ohm are you using?..what pg/vg mix in your e juice?

Lower ohm within limits of a device can produce more vapor..An e liquid with more VG content also produces more clouds.

Im using for now a simple drilled out EVOD tank with a custom built 1.8 ohm coil and using a 70/30 vg/pg mix and blowing what i consider way more clouds than i did when it was stock on cheap gas station e liquid...and im only using a an ego style 650mah kanger kit battery.

Your ego is 4.2v fully charged and is alot of power with the correct ohm coil and good e liquid.

If you want super huge "fill the room full of vapor in three hits" then thats an entirely different ball game in itself..not something i personally would recommend as a next step up but its an option you need some safety info on first.

i would recommend something like an innokin vv3 if you want small or a decent box mod like the innokin mvp2...both around the 30 40 dollar range...a good tank you can rebuild coils in is also a good idea.

Also at minimum a 50 50 mix of e juice

Last edited:

madmonkey

The Road Warrior
VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hi..happy new years!

Just a long winded thought but something important to consider nevertheless....

Another question you need to ask yourself is how big of Vaporizer you want to carry around on you...I still use Ego batteries is mini protanks that have home rebuilt heads in them or carto tanks sometimes. Sure I get a bigger/better flavor off my Vaporshark rDNA 40 with a Kayfun Lite Plus but that is a much bigger piece of kit to carry around in my pocket and sometimes just having the eGo is much more convenient and works just fine. With the price range you mentioned you can get an IPV2/3 or a Segeli 150 watt box or even one of the DNA style clones or even a Vaporshark DNA 30.

Then there's the less powerful but still good options of an Eleaf Istick or an SVD 2.0....if you're used to an Ego than something like one of the 20 or 30 watt devices is usually a good stepping stone next in your vaping path. You need to look at some of these devices and their size and power levels and decide what is the most comfortable for you and that you think you'll be happy with for awhile. If you have a Brick and Mortar store close by go in and ask to see if you can handle some devices and feel it out. You don't need to feel any pressure to buy from them if you want to buy online... but it's not a bad thing to support your local vape shop either.

A lot of random vapors I have been running into on my daily work routine seem to be happy with the Istick/Nautilus mini combo right now and that would be like the next step up from an ego. Not to expensive, not to big, around 2ml juice capacity and the BVC coils are much better (imho) than their older dual coil design. There is so many options now days it is mind blowing....you'll have to shop a bit or give some more specifics in what you want before I could give you a better answer personally....sorry for the long rant with little guidance but when it comes to gear shopping it's such a personal choice it's hard to say whats right without more to go on...but I would like to know what your thinking you want in a device and if you buy something please share what it is. I wish you good luck and happy hunting!

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
eleaf istick and nautilus mini all the way

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have that much not yet

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
eleaf istick and nautilus mini all the way
I second that.
A Nautilus or Aerotank are good options with an istick.

If you want to skip a stage get an RTA, but that would require you to do some learning.
In that case i recommend the Lemo, Orchid or Billow.

There is also the "i want big clouds but don't want to learn anything" option, which refers to the Atlantis/Subtank, but for those you will need something more powerful then the Istick.

Besides the initial investment, your monthly cost should remain roughly the same, you can still use the same e-liquid and will just need to buy replacement heads for your new atomizer, instead of for the ego.
If you choose the RTA options, monthly costs are even lower.

UncleRJ
The fact that someone wants to move on from an ego is a natural and a good thing, since it's just a basic gear for beginners.
This doesn't make that someone a cloud chaser.

galsvapetoo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Cloud chasing whores buahahahaha

VU Sponsors