Become a Patron!

What percentage of Central Vapors menthol should I use?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I wanted to make a menthol and peach. I've never used menthol but I heard to use TINY amounts. I started with 1 ml of menthol and 2 ml of energy (I was testing this on another flavor I wanted.) And the menthol was so strong, I thought I was vaping cough syrup. I then used .5 ml of menthol and it was still too much. I think that was because I didn't get all of the 1 ml of menthol out. But it seemed like the menthol overpowered the energy. So If I was to make 10 ml. and a 50/50 VG PG base. How many ml of peach and menthol should I use so one don't over power the other? Thanks everyone!

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you're only making 10ml then 2ml plus 1ml would equal 30% flavoring. No wonder it was too strong.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
What's your advice?
Start with 5% total flavoring and if the flavor isn't strong enough work your way up from there. I typically use 15% flavoring but I like strong flavor.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Start with 5% total flavoring and if the flavor isn't strong enough work your way up from there. I typically use 15% flavoring but I like strong flavor.
I like strong flavor too. It's just I don't know how much menthol to use without overpowering the peach.

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I like strong flavor too. It's just I don't know how much menthol to use without overpowering the peach.
I don't know. Maybe if you started a new thread (or changed the title of this thread at least) and were more specific about what brand of flavoring you are using and made the title of your thread more specific to the question that you are asking, someone with more experience with DIY can help you out. The title of your thread should say something like "What percentage of (x-brand) menthol should I use?" or something along those lines.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I don't know. Maybe if you started a new thread (or changed the title of this thread at least) and were more specific about what brand of flavoring you are using and made the title of your thread more specific to the question that you are asking, someone with more experience with DIY can help you out. The title of your thread should say something like "What percentage of (x-brand) menthol should I use?" or something along those lines.
Is that good?

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Is that good?
I guess we'll find out. I never heard of Central Vapors though. I would just experiment with small amounts of flavor and increase or decrease flavor as needed. Do you have a dripper for testing your flavors?

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Actually Fuck it, I'll start a new thread.

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I guess we'll find out. I never heard of Central Vapors though. I would just experiment with small amounts of flavor and increase or decrease flavor as needed. Do you have a dripper for testing your flavors?
Yeah, I do It's a fuhattan mod with a mutation X Atomizer

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I figured I'd just start a new post. The other was misleading. I'll just quote what it said "I wanted to make a menthol and peach. I've never used menthol but I heard to use TINY amounts. I started with 1 ml of menthol and 2 ml of energy (I was testing this on another flavor I wanted.) And the menthol was so strong, I thought I was vaping cough syrup. I then used .5 ml of menthol and it was still too much. I think that was because I didn't get all of the 1 ml of menthol out. But it seemed like the menthol overpowered the energy. So If I was to make 10 ml. and a 50/50 VG PG base. How many ml of peach and menthol should I use so one don't over power the other? Thanks everyone!"

vaperature

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, I do It's a fuhattan mod with a mutation X Atomizer
Then like I said, just start out mixing small batches at low flavor percentages and keep testing it until you get the right mix. I doubt anyone's going to be able to tell you exactly what mix is going to be right for you. Everyone's taste is different. If your menthol is too overwhelming just start with a drop or two, test it and then add some more if needed and do that until you get it right.

AmandaD

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I figured I'd just start a new post. The other was misleading. I'll just quote what it said "I wanted to make a menthol and peach. I've never used menthol but I heard to use TINY amounts. I started with 1 ml of menthol and 2 ml of energy (I was testing this on another flavor I wanted.) And the menthol was so strong, I thought I was vaping cough syrup. I then used .5 ml of menthol and it was still too much. I think that was because I didn't get all of the 1 ml of menthol out. But it seemed like the menthol overpowered the energy. So If I was to make 10 ml. and a 50/50 VG PG base. How many ml of peach and menthol should I use so one don't over power the other? Thanks everyone!"

Whenever I use menthol I start with a single drop. In fact in one mix I make a single drop in a 30ml bottle is enough to give a menthol backnote! For 10ml I'd probably dip a toothpick in the menthol and start with that!

creeperfan5236

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Whenever I use menthol I start with a single drop. In fact in one mix I make a single drop in a 30ml bottle is enough to give a menthol backnote! For 10ml I'd probably dip a toothpick in the menthol and start with that!
Thanks so much! One drop was perfect!

Graham Bradley

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
With any of the DIY additives, (menthol, koolada, sweetener, ethyl maltol, etc...), start out with a very small amount, they are ussually pretty strong.

VU Sponsors