Become a Patron!

What RDA / coil build would you bring to a cloud competition?

Catalyst

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
... Council of Vapor Royal Hunter. Dual parallel 24G N80 7/6 wraps @ 3mm ID... .11 ohms.

Last edited:

TogaJon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Velocity. Dual Nichrome80 9wraps @3mm 0.24ohms. Little bit more power needed but lots more surface area and the velocity fully open will cool down the vape easily.

wickedclouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Depending on the rules, there are so many options. (i.e. Box mods allowed, series boxes) my go to builds are 20g 5 wrap kanthal or 5-6 wrap nichrome n80 around 3mm. 22g parallel nichrome n80 3mm 6/7 wrap, for single tube 18550 mods. Always 40 amp continuous discharge batteries, research and never skimp on batteries. Perfect your technique 1st, that will make or break any build for sure.

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Always 40 amp continuous discharge batteries, research and never skimp on batteries.

Soooooo........could you point us in the direction of these batteries? as far as I understand, there's no 18650 batteries with a CDR of 40A. 40A should be the Pulse rate, not the CDR. I believe you may be trolling, or mis-informed. What kind of batteries are they exactly? Even the pair of LieFest batteries I have stashed away are only rated at 20A CDR and 38A Pulse, and even that's an exaggeration, so I highly doubt you have legitimate 40A CDR batteries :rolleyes:

Some photo evidence would be nice, pretty please?

WraZa21

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Mutation X v4 26g Duel Helix Clapton 5 wraps,@ .08ohms

WraZa21

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Soooooo........could you point us in the direction of these batteries? as far as I understand, there's no 18650 batteries with a CDR of 40A. 40A should be the Pulse rate, not the CDR. I believe you may be trolling, or mis-informed. What kind of batteries are they exactly? Even the pair of LieFest batteries I have stashed away are only rated at 20A CDR and 38A Pulse, and even that's an exaggeration, so I highly doubt you have legitimate 40A CDR batteries :rolleyes:

He did Say 18550 Batteries not 18650 but he possibly could have meant 26650

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I thought that sony vtc 3s were r0 amp continuous rated... Am I wrong?
The only Batteries with a real rating of 30a are VTC3/4's and LG HB6, the rest are not rated for more then 20-25a countinous, they are exxagerated pulse figures that you should not rely on.

My build for NH comp got second place on a Viper Tube, competeing against people with SW200 and DNA200s/ect with other builds.
I did not know of the rules being changed and I garentee if I had brought a regulated device I would of took 1st. Also I used a HB6 battery.
Cat-Track Arched Fused Clapton 22K/24K Flattened Staged with Parallel 24K
20151004_205816-jpg.32533

wickedclouds

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

wow you wasted all that typing just to correct me? you are right there is no 40a cdr 18650, I made a mistake when writing. I hope that makes you feel good about yourself. ;-)

DED420

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes I did take the time, you literally said

Always 40 amp continuous discharge batteries, research and never skimp on batteries.

1. Someone reading this may see 40A on there battery and think that's a CDR instead of Pulse and end up having a battery explode on them. Having someone correct you shouldn't be taken as an insult, we're all just trying to keep everyone safe by providing correct information.

2. This forum has plenty of trolls, so it's not a stretch to think someone giving misinformation could be a troll.

3. Yes, I took the time to type that because for all I know, maybe someone told you that your batteries were 40A CDR and you took it as truth, and then could end up hurting yourself with them.

4. Maybe some company did recently come out with a new battery capable of 40A CDR, and nobodies heard of them yet, so asking to see them would be helpful in learning about new batteries hitting the market.

I apologize if it felt like I was taking a stab at you, not my intention, but you need to relax, you took that far too personally, we're all just trying to get along ;)

VU Sponsors