Become a Patron!

What song are you playing right now?

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
He was such a great guitarist.

Had very soft hands too. Met him once, not actually realizing who he was at the time. His brother was in the doctor's waiting room. We had talked a bit. When Stevie Ray came out from the doc his brother introduced us. Shook his hand which felt softer than velvet under silk, yet was very warm and firm. They were people -- people and didn't seem too concerned with fame. Then too like I said at the time I wasn't exactly sure who he was at all. He could have been a king, a peasant ... I just knew it was the man's brother, Stevie Ray. :)

And yes, I'm like that always. Once was helping my dad with one of his cleaning jobs. He needed to clean a condo "room" for a client. The "client" came, saw me moving a sofa to vacuum. He asked if my dad was there too. I acknowledged that. He then asked if I would like something to drink. I finished the vacuuming and took him up on the offer of a fridge with sodas. Sat at the kitchen counter beside him. He drank some tea. We talked a little.

Dad chewed me out afterwards. Told me the client was likely worth billions. I had no place talking to him in any way. The man obviously did not mind us talking, in fact he had started our discussion. He knew I had complete what needed done. I was not wasting time but waiting on my dad to finish. What else was there to do but be cordial, civil, sociable? So we sat there and chatted, just general chit chat. But "oh no, the low classes never are too be equals with higher classes, or engage in chit chat with them."

My mind doesn't accept all that bullshit. People are people. Granted you have good and evil people, you have them in all walks of life though. Still to me all the damn labels, well, just junk.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I know all over the place, like a little Cosmik Debris... :giggle:

I saw Zappa in Montreal, a very fun concert, he swore that he did not use controlled substances.

Well, Ted Nugent is the craziest straight musician so it’s in the realm of possibility!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
In the subway, no less. He’s very old NYC. Now I’m contending with vape bans here!! Wtf?

I know, I feel for you and everyone living in a state where they're proposing this lunacy. I'm in NY occasionally and usually buy juice while there, it would be a shame if they force people back to combustibles

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
My hubs told me they would play Get Out of Denver when you left Lowry AFB. Off base housing, though.
SAC rocked, bro. My fave planes are BUFFs.

FB-111A, won every Fairchild trophy (bomb comp) while I was in. BUFF didn't stand a chance, 50's tech and all.

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Replying to myself, sorry. Plattsburgh is 60 miles south of Montreal, which means I got to see a lot of great concerts from the classic rockers.
Although I'm not an American, I'm from a military family and respect you for your service!

Montreal is a 3 hour drive from me, I've seen some great shows there. Most of the big bands also came to Toronto, but when Montreal was their only stop it would be a great road trip

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Although I'm not an American, I'm from a military family and respect you for your service!

Montreal is a 3 hour drive from me, I've seen some great shows there. Most of the big bands also came to Toronto, but when Montreal was their only stop it would be a great road trip
Amen brother, I had leave set up so I could camp out in front of the Montreal Forum for Zep tickets. Montreal was supposed to be the first stop in their North America tour, but then John Bonham drank himself to death. RIP to one of the greatest drummers ever.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

How’s the vape laws there now? I think Montreal is like 4-5 hours from NY. It’s strange how our countries basically ignore each other.
Shit, my batteries are dying. I’ll be back...

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
How’s the vape laws there now? I think Montreal is like 4-5 hours from NY. It’s strange how our countries basically ignore each other.
Shit, my batteries are dying. I’ll be back...

In Ontario they tried to pass a bill that would not ban, but extremely limit flavors, it didn't pass. On a federal level they've pretty much left us alone save for the over 21 law. Our current government legalized a certain substance/plant for the entire country so it would be silly for them to go after vaping. We are in the midst of a federal election though and if Justin loses, which I think he might, who knows what the new puppets will do

Theboss

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Amen brother, I had leave set up so I could camp out in front of the Montreal Forum for Zep tickets. Montreal was supposed to be the first stop in their North America tour, but then John Bonham drank himself to death. RIP to one of the greatest drummers ever.
He was a monster behind that kit.

What a cool story, too bad it didn't end with you getting to see them. That's when people learned to put drunk people to bed on their side and not their back? In any event it wasn't their fault. We were all deprived of what could have been for future Zep albums

MyMagicMist

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Conqueror by Aurora :)

♪♫♬"I been looking for the conqueror / But you don't seem to come my way! I been looking for the only one / But you don't seem to come my way!"♪♫♬

Then, --- Running with the wolves by Aurora

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Conqueror by Aurora :)

♪♫♬"I been looking for the conqueror / But you don't seem to come my way! I been looking for the only one / But you don't seem to come my way!"♪♫♬

Then, --- Running with the wolves by Aurora

Speaking of running with wolves, you might like that book by Clarissa Pinkola Estes. Hope I got the name right.

VU Sponsors