Become a Patron!

What temp to vape at, Confused

vlgato

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hello all, i started with a sigelei 150, and loved it, vaped at between 30 ohms and 40 ohms with both 2 ohm and .6 ohms, gave it to my son to quit analogs, i upgraded to a sigelei 150 T/C , was just vaping with regular kathinal coils, now i finally put a i200, nickel coil and set it, following the instructions to the tee, all is fine, i just do not know whats the average temp to vape at, say a starting point, same for my sigelei 75 W T/C . Thanks for the help. P.S. mods if this post is in the wrong section sorry. plz move it if need be. Thanks for all you guys do. Frank D. EDITed for vaping at 30 to 40 watts. my mind is in a way off place.

Last edited:

wally

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Not much on T/C mods especially using nickel but can't you just start low and work your way up?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
It really depends on the juice your using. As @wally mentioned, start low (maybe 350F) and turn it up until you find your sweet spot. The Joule/Watt setting is used to control, how fast the coil heats up.

vlgato

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
sounds reasonable, i guess its more or less a common sense thing, truthfully , i rather just stay with power mode, but ran out of regular coils and have a bunch of nickel. coils. my boy has been vaping nickel in the sagely 150 without an issue, I'm guessing that they can be used in a non T/C mode. is it OK or no good, to use nickel in a non T/c mode?

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
sounds reasonable, i guess its more or less a common sense thing, truthfully , i rather just stay with power mode, but ran out of regular coils and have a bunch of nickel. coils. my boy has been vaping nickel in the sagely 150 without an issue, I'm guessing that they can be used in a non T/C mode. is it OK or no good, to use nickel in a non T/c mode?
No, ni200 coils are for temp control mode only!

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
No, ni200 coils are for temp control mode only!

And to elaborate, Kanthal can't be temperature-controlled; only Nickle (Ni) or Titanium (Ti).

I'm not sure there is an "average" but I have four TC devices that, depending on the e-liquid, run from 400 degrees to 520 degrees. I seldom go higher or lower than that. I'm not sure if that's 'normal' or if there's anything else about me that would qualify as such. :D

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
400F is a normal temp
much lower and the device and coil MAY have a fit and say dry coil. i set mine all at 572F which are my devices max, and just go with it

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
You can't use a Ni200 coil in power mode, TC only. Having said that, I vape my IPV3Li in TC mode at 30-40 Joules and 450-500 F depending on the juice.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
I have one DIY juice, that is vaped best at 380F. Like I mentioned previously, it depends on the juice, and how you like your vape.

I was wondering if there are any tanks I could use on my smok Copper vanilla mod?? Just not feeling the rda thing right now plus so busy and expecting a baby anytime now rather just fill up a tank and vape but just have the vanilla mod currently thanks guys!!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Myk

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
380-420 is what I use with mods that actually have TC.
I don't have the 150w but my Sigelei 75w TC is an absolute POS as far as TC goes, I hope yours actually works.
When it is pretending to have TC I set it at 20-30w and no more than 300°. It has no dry coil protection.
When it's not pretending to have TC about 14-20w.

VU Sponsors