Become a Patron!

what type of rda ?

piknic1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thinking of picking up a ''broadside tube mech mod'' what would be the best atty for it ? I'm used to using sub ohm at lower wattage, on all the reviews I watched they say it hits hard! .. would it be too much of a jump ? been vaping for around a year ..,

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Have you done your homework with Mech's? With Mech's you build to the combination of Mod, Battery and Atty. There is no real "best', too many variables.

If you're thinking of going into Mech's you need to know this -

1. You must know Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android
2. Batteries!, Take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!!
a. Avoid garbage batteries like eFest who rewrap with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not ebay or amazon) sources, great places to get authentic are from
http://liionwholesale.com/
https://www.imrbatteries.com/
b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"
c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog
d. In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.
e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.
3. Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -
a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up
b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel take the full CDR of one battery and you can add 1/2 the amp rating of the next battery
c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amp. So a series you build high with a lot of wire, no lower that .4 ohms.
4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build or any shorts.
5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you pit it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front jeans pocket and blow your Johnson off ya know ;)
6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.
a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Well it depends on the vape you are after....

Me i would use my current favorite atty. That I can get a good vape from when building fir a vape that happens at 4.2 volts down to 3.5. I target mech builds to 3.8 volts... gives me best consistency over the vape range of a mech.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
How hard it hits depends on how low you build.
Make sure to read and understand everything r055co wrote.
The broadside is a 25mm mod so you will need a 25mm atty to sit nicely on it, so here are some nice 25mm RDAs: Kennedy25, Troll V2, Pharaoh.

piknic1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Have you done your homework with Mech's? With Mech's you build to the combination of Mod, Battery and Atty. There is no real "best', too many variables.

If you're thinking of going into Mech's you need to know this -

1. You must know Ohm's law, http://www.steam-engine.org/ makes it easy and there's even an app on it for Android
2. Batteries!, Take good care of your batteries and know them!!!!!!!!
a. Avoid garbage batteries like eFest who rewrap with grossly inflated amp ratings. Stick with authentic LG, Sony or Samsung from reputable (not ebay or amazon) sources, great places to get authentic are from
http://liionwholesale.com/
https://www.imrbatteries.com/
b. Stick well within Continuous Discharge Rate (CDR) Not the "pulse"
c. Keep up to date with what Mooch tests and battery ratings, follow his posts on Facebook and his Blog
d. In Mod's with multiple batteries, marry them.
e. Get some battery wraps, they're cheap and easy to re-wrap batteries. Any nicks,tears or what ever don't be stupid and just re-wrap.
3. Don't build stupid low a good builder can chuck and get awesome dense vape from a good build. It's simple, with 20 CDR Amp batteries -
a. Single battery mod's you're fine with .2 ohms on up
b. Dual Parallel you're fine with .15 on up. Parallel take the full CDR of one battery and you can add 1/2 the amp rating of the next battery
c. Series you double the voltage but you share the amp. So a series you build high with a lot of wire, no lower that .4 ohms.
4. Make sure you don't have any shorts. For an extra caution any new build I vape on a regulated mod for a few drips or with a tank about a 1/4 tank. This is to insure nothing wonky with my build or any shorts.
5. Careful if it's not in your hand, if it doesn't have a lock on the button and you pit it in your pocket (which I really don't recommend) insure nothing else is in your pocket and it's loose. Don't want to put it in your front jeans pocket and blow your Johnson off ya know ;)
6. Last but certainly NOT the least, keep it clean! Clean it when you first get it "before" you even use it and clean it on a regular basis.
a. Ultrasonics are a very good investment, got mine off Amazon for around $25.

piknic1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
thanks for the info .., I going to do some more research, appreciate the help, sorry for the late response I work the grave yard shift, I have a coil master building kit with the ohm meter, still trying to master the art of building .., trying different types of wires to determine what works best., and which type of cotton ect..ect.., Hit a few extra sheckles on super bowl so I wanted to pick up something decent,

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm not into gear that big. But i would decide on tank vs dripper. Find something in 25mm. Maybe 24 or 26. Nothing smaller or bigger.... more than a couple mm eitherway will look funny.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the info .., I going to do some more research, appreciate the help, sorry for the late response I work the grave yard shift, I have a coil master building kit with the ohm meter, still trying to master the art of building .., trying different types of wires to determine what works best., and which type of cotton ect..ect.., Hit a few extra sheckles on super bowl so I wanted to pick up something decent,
Building is one of the most important elements, with mech's you build to the combination of Mod, Battery and Atty. So you really do need to have a decent grasp on building.

piknic1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
To everybody that responded to my questions and post .., thanks very much appreciated, this is the fist and only vape forum I ever signed up for or posted any questions on .. after reading about the pro's and con's about mech mods, ... sounds to me that some of the nay sayers are trying to scaring the shit out of a person ( I understand theirs plenty of dickheads out there with nothing better to do ) ... that being said I'm ordering a new Broadside mech right now !

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To everybody that responded to my questions and post .., thanks very much appreciated, this is the fist and only vape forum I ever signed up for or posted any questions on .. after reading about the pro's and con's about mech mods, ... sounds to me that some of the nay sayers are trying to scaring the shit out of a person ( I understand theirs plenty of dickheads out there with nothing better to do ) ... that being said I'm ordering a new Broadside mech right now !
They are simple rules but extremely important rules and if you follow them you will be fine.

Any questions ask and always remember the only stupid question is the one not asked.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

piknic1

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
They are simple rules but extremely important rules and if you follow them you will be fine.

Any questions ask and always remember the only stupid question is the one not asked.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ironjaiden

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The Broadside is a great tube mech for sure. It's got a few "safety" features like a delrin sleeve inside the tube to prevent an exposed battery from shorting, adjustable 510 cap and a positive-down battery arrangement so if the battery vents it's away from your face (although it's debatable as to how great that design decision is). The button is smooth and it's just a well built piece of kit.

Like everyone said though you absolutely don't want to get into mech mods until you truly understand ohm's law and how it dictates your build. The only thing between you and being on the news is your knowledge and adherence to safety.

As for which atty to use it's whichever you like to vape and build on the best. I've used my Goon, Goon LP, Recoil, Kennedy 25, Mutation, Twisted Messes on the Broadside. Some look totally goofy on there but all work the same as they would on any other mod.

Last edited:
I been vaping and building for years and I is way better than coil heads... My all time favorite rdta is the Pharaoh I've been using it for a year straight the best flavor and it holds a good amount of juice... Building on it is easy and you can put in big coils

ironjaiden

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
what would be the best/right batterie to use on a broadside mech mod ?

I typically use an LG HB6 in my Broadside. It's a proper 30A cell so you get some nice headroom on a low-ish build. The obvious tradeoff there is battery life but I'm not using a single 18650 tube mod as my all day vape.

r055co

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
what would be the best/right batterie to use on a broadside mech mod ?
I recommend Sony VTC5A, 25a and 2500 mAh, they're also Mooch's favorite and as always he's dead on.

Get them from IMR Batteries or Liion Wholesale, they can be trusted.

VU Sponsors