Become a Patron!

What up from Manila!

Jak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
(Sorry, this will be lengthy)

I've been searching for vape forums in my country. The few I found and signed up for a couple of years back are now dead. Seems like no one's into forums locally nowadays. I'm guessing with the advent of social media and its availability on mobile phones, most have turned to Facebook groups/pages for convenience. But forums have always appealed to me. It's nice to browse for topics and just dive into the wealth of information readily available to you.

Been vaping on and off for 5 years give or take. I first started with these analog-looking, Chinese e-cigs. Didn't really do it for me. Sadly, I went back to analogs. Then the market came out with these neat pen-types, offering better user experience, more vapor, etc. So I grabbed a pair of Ego Twists + Vivi Nova tanks for my wife and I. Ran into tank leaks, and pretty soon, I went back to analogs. Few months later, newer mods came out, Provari held the spotlight at the time, but I couldn't bring myself to shell out that much so I got a Smok Zmax mini + Era RDA instead. The Zmax held 1 18350 battery which didn't last very long, so naturally I grew tired of it and went back to analogs. Then some time last year, wooden mechanical box mods and RDAs manufactured locally flooded the market. These attracted a lot of vapers in my area. With an abundant supply, and the fact that these were locally-made, they were really inexpensive. The craftsmanship was good, and they really blew clouds! The only downside that I see was it was clunky. Couldn't really pocket 'em. So, as you may have guessed, I went back to analogs.

One day, my wife went on with how she wanted to kick the habit. As fate would have it, a friend chatted me up and told me he got a pre-owned Kanger Subox mini, asked me if it was any good. It got me a interested so I decided to read up on the latest mods. Saw that box mods are now dominating the scene, with temp control and all.

I was blown away when I saw how far we've come from those China sticks. I got a pair of Kanger Subox kits (black & white), the white one as a Christmas gift for my wife. I finally found the perfect mod (at least for now), and I'm looking at kicking the habit for good this time.

*Some notes on the Kanger subox Mini Kit:

+ The kit gives you everything you need to get you started (again in my case), except for the batt and some juice
+ Excellent premium-feel packaging and presentation
+ Excellent build and color scheme (will have to see how the paint job holds up)
+ Superb vapor production and taste for a tank
+ Very portable and fits in your pocket nicely

Be warned though, there's a lot of 1:1 clones out there. Be sure to verify the authenticity code on Kanger's website.

Thanks for reading!

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU.
I'm sure this forum will be around for a long time.

Reactions: Jak

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've been hearing alot of noise lately that the phillipines is becoming very unfriendly to vapers and that laws are being passed to try and ban vaping ....how is it over there...is the goverment cracking down on vaping?
That would be a pity seeing as how many amazing contributions the phillipines and phillipino modders have made to vaping...

Last edited:

Huff-N-Stuff

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to VU!
what`s most cool about internet forums..around the world members, and no matter what corner your from, we not so much different..

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Manilla, eh? Sounds like an interesting place, at least according to a few friends of mine. Welcome to the forums!

Jak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've been hearing alot of noise lately that the phillipines is becoming very unfriendly to vapers and that laws are being passed to try and ban vaping ....how is it over there...is the goverment cracking down on vaping?
That would be a pity seeing as how many amazing contributions the phillipines and phillipino modders have made to vaping...

Smoke and mirrors, my friend. I guess the government has bigger fish to fry. There have been signs put up in public areas and establishments prohibiting vaping (akin to smoking), but nothing that would lead to serious brushes with the law. For the most part, it's just frowned upon due to bothersome clouds.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Smoke and mirrors, my friend. I guess the government has bigger fish to fry. There have been signs put up in public areas and establishments prohibiting vaping (akin to smoking), but nothing that would lead to serious brushes with the law. For the most part, it's just frowned upon due to bothersome clouds.
Good to hear....

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Welcome KABAYAN
I remember when PINAS was the shit, NIMBUS rda wow Everybody wants to get the NIMBUS.....
TOO make the story short
The only pinoy rda I bought was the SUCCUBUS FROM EL DIablo, direct from FAIRVIEW MANILA, I had my NEICE buy it for me, then my mom brought it back here in the USA...
BTW

KANGER SUCKS
and as always

VAPE ON

Jak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Welcome KABAYAN
I remember when PINAS was the shit, NIMBUS rda wow Everybody wants to get the NIMBUS.....
TOO make the story short
The only pinoy rda I bought was the SUCCUBUS FROM EL DIablo, direct from FAIRVIEW MANILA, I had my NEICE buy it for me, then my mom brought it back here in the USA...
BTW

KANGER SUCKS
and as always

VAPE ON

Hey man! Yeah, I owned a nimbus too! Had a good time with that one. Rebuilding it was always a treat. As for Kanger, it's working for me so far. Time will tell. Lots of other mods out there getting my attention.

See you around brother!

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey man! Yeah, I owned a nimbus too! Had a good time with that one. Rebuilding it was always a treat. As for Kanger, it's working for me so far. Time will tell. Lots of other mods out there getting my attention.

See you around brother!
There's tooooooo much stuff out there bro, and ridiculously cheap, China came along way...
I tell you what though, a lot of mod makers in the Philippines made a lot of money I mean lots of money, especially the pre order bullshit they did while back....
But anyhow... Whatever works for you mah man, maybe someday you can purchase some stuff for me back there... Hahhaha
MABUHAY
BINAY FOR PRESIDENT!

VAPE ON

Jak

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Oh yeah, they sure cashed in on the mod and atty production, especially the early players. Pretty soon, China chimed in with clones of pinoy designs. Local juice makers sprouted like mushrooms. Not complaining though. Would love to see more of US-made mods here though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh yeah, they sure cashed in on the mod and atty production, especially the early players. Pretty soon, China chimed in with clones of pinoy designs. Local juice makers sprouted like mushrooms. Not complaining though. Would love to see more of US-made mods here though.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
USA made mods are hard to find now a days bro..I know cartel mods still makes some but it's too damn expensive, what they do now is
They design here then have China make em,that's the only way to keep the cost low...
China clones are sometimes better than the authentics, and the
Clone vs authentics conversations is
DEAD!!!
JUICE MAKING is where the money is...

VAPE ON

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Welcome to the VU! Hope you and your wife can finally kick the analogs this time! Lots of information and great people to help on this forum!

vape me

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
Yeah, China is known for ripping off others and making cheaper (in quality and price) products. Can't knock their hustle, I guess.

VU Sponsors