Become a Patron!

What was the most difficult thing to do in the military?

kevin littell

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I remember the first conversation I had with the BEST E-7 I ever met and was proud to work for for 2.5 years....He called me in his office, introduced himself and started asking me stupid questions....

I interrupted him and asked him : "Chief, is this the interview where you decide whether I'm gonna be an asset to your division or a pain in your ass?"

He said "Yes."

I said "Well, I'm gonna be alittle of both. If there's work to be done get the hell outta my way and if there isn't leave me the fark alone."

He put his right hand under his chin, leaned over and rested his elbow on the desk looking me square in the eyes and replied "Can I hold you too that?"

"ABSOLUTELY" I said.

That was an easy 2.5 years.

Comfygirl

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Some of the most difficult things were the most rewarding... I was an instructor for the OCS academy at Fort Benning and it was long hours and lots of paperwork and dealing with idiotic bureaucracy (which is the main reason I hated it) but it was great to see soldiers develop into great leaders; one went on to be Honor Grad at Ranger school and he thanked me at the ceremony for being a contributing factor!

Call the Hands on a Thursday. Any British Royal Navy matelot will know what I mean. Perhaps listening to my PWO trying to convince the USS Winston S Churchill to not shoot down a German navy helo on September 12 2001 was somewhat of a challenge. Strange and scary times. 2 Helo collision on the Ark Royal sucked. Not the highlight of 2 years in the Indian Ocean.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
An individual that can think for themselves

An individual that can think for themselves
The military is full of individuals with their own thoughts, opinions and moral code of conduct. The one thing they do share is pride, determination and a tenacious belief in the constitution of their respective governments. If you're looking for mindless robots you would be looking for the 'Call of Duty on Xbox' forum.

VU Sponsors