Become a Patron!

What's cheaper in the long run, replacing CE4 Clearomizers regularly or getting an expensive ecig?

Hi

I currently use an iTaste Leo with a CE4 clearomizer to vape. I've tried more expensive vapourizers, what I like about this one is it easily slips in my pocket, doesn't seem to burn through liquid as fast as some of the more powerful vaporizers, and up until recently was cheap to run.
And I can discreetly use it anywhere if I want to - supermarket, etc, and I think it's better as a passenger on a bus or in a car, there's not much of a cloud appearing.

However, I now live in Croatia, for the next several months anyhow. I've shopped around but am paying 3x what I was for e-liquid (I was buying a tasty menthol flavour 10ml 11mg in the 99p Store for, 99p).
I was buying CE4 clearomizers from nucig via Amazon UK for £9.95/5 pack, and they would each last me about 10 days before starting to taste a bit burnt.
I'm now paying ~£3 for each clearomizer, and they're not as high quality (they don't produce as much of a hit and they pop and crackle, I preferred the nucig ones which were silent aside sometimes they would whistle a little).

Anyway.

I'm wondering, with the more expensive e-cigarettes/vapourizers, will I end up spending less in the long run? Perhaps the coils last longer, or are cheaper than clearomizers? Also I don't want to spend too long on maintenance - I don't mind giving it a wash if I need to, as long as it doesn't take more than 5 minutes start to finish and doesn't need doing more than about once a week.

Your knowledge and experience greatly appreciated :)

gingerbread

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Hello
You sound very happy with your current set up so it is just an issue of cost. Have you got acess to ebay? Clearomizers are really cheap their. I know what you mean about cheap e liquid for 99p, can a friend not ship some over to you along with some Clearomizers?
If not then you need to work out for yourself which is cheaper. Most people have more than one vaping device.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I won't recommend anything specific since you don't care about the quality of your vape.
Building your own coils in an RTA or just in tank with replaceable heads that has an RBA option, is MUCH cheaper.
For the price of just a few CE4s your can buy enough material to build coils + cotton that would last you for years.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
To be honest, I have always HATED the CE4 clearo's.

I would suggest the Kanger T-3 tanks.

Anything more modern would not work to it's full potential as the max output of your battery is 3.5v

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What do you consider expensive (my question mark button stopped working this morning)

Depending on how much you vape and wattage levels, certain replaceable coils can last you a month. For a lot of people, vaping styles change over time so something like the new cool fire atheon kit that does up to 100w, temp control and has a built in battery can be a very economical choice. I think they go for around $60 for the tank and mod.

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
To be honest, I have always HATED the CE4 clearo's.

I would suggest the Kanger T-3 tanks.

Anything more modern would not work to it's full potential as the max output of your battery is 3.5v
Tbh I used to use CE4s and then "upgraded" to T3s.
That was more then 4 years ago.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Look at the Joyetech AIO, you can replace the coil heads, and both are fairly inexpensive. They are very pocketable and produce decent vapor, and don't consume a lot of juice. https://www.fasttech.com/products/0/10012927/4387700-authentic-joyetech-ego-aio-1500mah-e-cigarette

eGo_AIO_01.png

The other option is to look at another device, the eGrip CS, they are tiny and powerful.

eGrip_Oled_02.jpg

Hi

Thanks very much for your responses :).
I've since checked out the T-3 tank, what I read was mixed - someone saying they preferred the flavour from the CE4.
I already knew if I buy raw materials I can vape very cheaply, I'll be looking into this on my return to the UK - online shopping isn't much of thing here. I ordered something previously, had to collect it from a depo miles away after they apparently tried to deliver it (I'm at home a lot, I doubt they did).
I've thought about ordering several packs of nucig clearomizers; to last me 6+ months. It was at this point that I realized I'd be spending £50 on e-waste and wondered if there was a better alternative.
The Joyetech AIO looks nice but I'm put off by that it has an LED in the tank - I like that with my current vapourizer I can use it anywhere since it's (usually) silent and the only light is on the button, which I can put my finger over.
I looked at the aethon cool fire but maybe I should've specified I want a pen style ecig - in fact I'd be most tempted by something smaller (if it was also cheaper to run than my current device). I have two of these, but I don't often use the second - the battery lasts me over a day and I put it on charge most nights). I leave the spare in the glovebox and just change the clearomizer over if I didn't charge it the night before and am going to be somewhere for hours.

The most promising comment was that certain replaceable coils last people over a month, I'll try to find out which these are - my understanding is that coils don't cost more than a few dollars each.

About flavour. Perhaps the reason I stick to mint and sometimes cigar flavours is because the CE4 doesn't produce a lot of flavour. I'd just assumed most fruity flavours are very weak..

nightshard

It's VG/PG not PG/VG
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The T3 comment wasn't really a recommendation but more of an example of another outdated product.
Pen like commonly known as cigalikes are not common these days since well... they suck.
You were suggested the AIO since it's a compromise between what we consider an e-cig and a smoker considers something pen like.

Here's another stealth beginner kit that you might like even though it's not pen like:
https://www.eleafus.com/istick-pico-75w-no-battery.html
https://m.fasttech.com/products/0/10012342/4849100-authentic-eleaf-istick-pico-75w-tc-vw-apv-mod-w
You will need to buy a 18650 battery for that.

Last edited:

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 10 powerful box mods, but I still use and love my pen devices for work and on the go. If you have not given up on the idea of ordering online, maybe check out the Innokin Endura t-18, T-22, or my favorite, the Tesla Spider II with the Nautilus Mini tank w/ 1.8 bvc coils. Fasttech.com has them all for very reasonable prices. You will immediately notice the upgrade in quality of your vape experience.

I've decided to buy an iStick Pico. Fasttech look great, free international shipping, they accept bitcoin (all businesses should, but it's going to take a few more years (maybe, change seems to take time)).

The size is absolutely fine, only 0.7cm and it uses a microUSB charger.

I don't think I'll be saving much on parts - they cost a few pence less than the clearomizers and according to the only review of them on the eleaf site they might not last more than a week (https://www.eleafus.com/atomizer/melo/ec-atomizer-head.html). That's just one person having used one coil though, fingers crossed :).

Looking forward to a "better vaping experience",maybe I'll branch out into fruity flavours :).

Thanks again for all your help :)

VU Sponsors