Become a Patron!

whats the best in endurance?

direwolf_65

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I had a itaste vtr. Heard it was durable and could take a beating. After 6 months of use it starting having issues with the ohm reader. I carried it in my pocket in my carpenter shorts at work. Had glass tanks on it so it never got banged on to much, or even scrached or dented. Was disappointed in its life span. Any suggestions?

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have to be honest with you I build box mods for myself just for work so I do not mess up my good stuff but if I needed to choose something to take to work with me it would either be a MVP2 or a VTR probably in that order. While the MVP2 will only do 11 watts its 2600 mah and can be had for $40(101vape) so frankly from my point of view if you can live with that power range just beat the hell out of it and buy a new one when it breaks which will be anywhere from 6-12 months ironically.

The VTR is viewed as one of the best made and durable mass produced devices around and the MVP2 is not that far behind. Sometimes shit just happens with electronics so I dont know if I would damn the VTR. I have multiple friends who own it and MVP2's and love them both and had zero issues. My one friend has used nothing but 2 VTR's for over a year now and they are going strong.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I totally disagree from experience I had two VTR's go out within 6 months of light use... any Stainless steel VV/VW mod will last if not dropped etc the prob with the VTR's it the crappy electronics in them I have taken them apart. That being said I only have one VV/Vw device from
China that has lasted a year and that is a Sigelei so Its hit or miss...

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Although i loved mine while they worked, i could not in good conscience ever recommend an SVD. Both of mine broke in different ways (button and electronics) and didn't take an incredibly long time in breaking down either. They may look like they belong on a WWII-era submarine, but if that had actually been the case we'd all be speaking German.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Although i loved mine while they worked, i could not in good conscience ever recommend an SVD. Both of mine broke in different ways (button and electronics) and didn't take an incredibly long time in breaking down either. They may look like they belong on a WWII-era submarine, but if that had actually been the case we'd all be speaking German.
Agreed Jeremy same here they are just garbage Innokin has one prob there electronics just suck the Donkey :)

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what options are you two giving him? He needs something to take to work that he doesnt mind beating up a little. I hate to break it to people but every mod has crappy china electronics in it unless its a legit DNA board and I have had my fair share of issues with them as well. The only other mod in a VTRish form factor that would take a little abuse would probably a Clouper Cna30 box but I couldn't promise it would last any longer than a VTR or anything else.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
So what options are you two giving him? He needs something to take to work that he doesnt mind beating up a little. I hate to break it to people but every mod has crappy china electronics in it unless its a legit DNA board and I have had my fair share of issues with them as well. The only other mod in a VTRish form factor that would take a little abuse would probably a Clouper Cna30 box but I couldn't promise it would last any longer than a VTR or anything else.
I have no recommendations for endurance what type of job does he do? is he going to hit it with a hammer drop it 4 times a day? :)

direwolf_65

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
To answer that question I work in a kitchen as a cook. Also to talk about hit or miss, I had a vamo for over a year then sold it to a friend and it is still working. Brass is showing, you have to pop the battery tube back on, but still going. I think that is why the vtr was a let down.

Pancho_Brown

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
My buddy's MVP list just recently died after a about a year. All it took was for it to get ran over lol. He worked for a company putting in water lines and the little buger kept on trucking for a whole year of a abuse. The MVP in my opinion is a great beater mod. I gave one to my girl friend because she has the tendency to drop things and hers is still going strong too.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Honestly, i would recommend a decent cheap mechanical like a Nemesis or something (my SS seems to have handled wear and tear really well, much better than copper or brass), and an RBA with a steel tank, not glass or plastic.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Perhaps the Dovpo E-LVT would be a solution?

They are designed to take a beating to begin with.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Endurance I would give to the Provari by ProVape. My two year old Provari works like the day it was new.

direwolf_65

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Jeremy...I have thought about rebuildables, not sure if I could do them. Dr. Wants me in trifocals now and I know next to nothing about them. Do they come in tank styles? I'm not a fan of dripping, I stay too busy. Besides I put in the glass tank just to show my vtr was never 'banged' hard enuff to break a glass tank. On or off the adapter. I do try to take care of what little i do have. :)

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Jeremy...I have thought about rebuildables, not sure if I could do them. Dr. Wants me in trifocals now and I know next to nothing about them. Do they come in tank styles? I'm not a fan of dripping, I stay too busy. Besides I put in the glass tank just to show my vtr was never 'banged' hard enuff to break a glass tank. On or off the adapter. I do try to take care of what little i do have. :)

RBA's do indeed come in tank styles. My favorite is the Kayfun Lite Plus. With a bit of practice you will not have any problem rebuilding them.

This is coming from a guy that wears bifocals and I can build them without wearing my glasses at all.

And you can get quartz tanks for them as well which is what I use.

jae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm usually too busy to drip too. The easiest tank RBA to learn on is the RSST or any Genesis-style atomizer. My first was the AGA-T2. But i'm pretty sure you can get steel barrels for the Taifun and Kayfun to replace the clear ones (which are gonna be trouble if you're planning ahead for dropping). You can also get steel barrels for the Aspire Nautilus, which is not a rebuildable, so it would be easier to deal with since you just swap out the coil heads. There are probably other all-metal non-rebuildable tanks too.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Quartz + gravity = heartbreak

Granted they can break.

But that is why God created spare tanks.

And I try really hard not to drop my stuff.

And so far, on the rare occasions I have dropped something, nothing has broken.

Yet.

direwolf_65

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Before I get any futher I want to thank everyone for their responce to my post. Seems I will trying rebuildables soon. Been using protanks and the natilas with vw. As I understand mech mods they only operate at a certain voltage with different battery set up. That is pretty much why I have stayed with vw's and was looking for a durable, long lasting, worth the money one.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Provapes Provari has outlasted anything that has ever been in my hand. You can drop it, kick it, throw it out of your truck, it just seems to keep on working. It's a pretty good tool, worth the money if you're sticking with variable voltage

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Provari as Thunderball says is a great mod I just did not know if you wanted to spend provari money($160-$200 depending) as they are quite expensive. Also Provari is going to be coming out with a new model later this year which I personally would wait for as its rumored to be a VW device which I just find to be better to deal with vs VV.

Going off reviews I still think the Clouper might be up your ally. Seems really well made and is in the VTR price range($70ish) and would be perfect for a RBA like a kayfun lite V2 which would be a rebuildible tank I would recommend if you wanna go that route as you hinted at.

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you spend $80 on a mod that lasts 8 months and it quits working and you have to buy another, It's really not a bargain. If you spend $160 - $180 on a Provari and it still works 3 years later. That would seem to be the bargain in the long haul.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Oh I agree but sometimes you just simply do not have $200 to cough up. When it comes to a choice of paying your electric bill and putting gas in the car or a provari for myself I choose lights and not walking 18 miles to work. :p It really comes down to what direwolf can or is comfortable spending. Honestly for the price of a provari which is EOL you could buy 2 Cloupers and a couple kayfun v2's which honestly is a pretty good deal.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
There's always different ways of looking at things. Three MVPs or a Provari. Three cartons of cigarettes or a Provari. I received one today that I bought for my daughter's birthday delivered to my house from Provape. It was a 2.5 Blem with 10% off the total price was 117.00 shipping included. I've never been able to find the blemish on one of their blems. The satin silver blend seem to be going for $130 now without a discount . I guess That's still may be too much for some folks though.

Superjeep

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Actually that is a pretty good price so I guess thats another option for him to consider. A price range and what form factor the OP likes would be helpful. I will admit I might be a bit bias on box style mods just cuz my hand comfort and work situation lets the box style mods suit me a bit better as they are not quite as long(shirt pocket and long tube mods+bending down=pocket missile). The box mods just seem to be more secure in the pocket for me.

Temple Noble

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great Lakes Vapor. The GLV has a life time warranty (not paint or threads) and I have had mine three years. Takes a beating. Not VV but if you need a mod for work everyday it will work without fail.

direwolf_65

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to agree with superjeep. For now a provari will have to wait till tax season. To much other stuff I need to do right now. By then the vw style will be out. Then I will have one with a good rep and not alot of hype. But for now I have to go a bit cheaper . :p But everyones suggestions have given me something to think about. Thanks! ...now to find out what is up with rebuildables...:)

FyrPrf1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have to agree with superjeep. For now a provari will have to wait till tax season. To much other stuff I need to do right now. By then the vw style will be out. Then I will have one with a good rep and not alot of hype. But for now I have to go a bit cheaper . :p But everyones suggestions have given me something to think about. Thanks! ...now to find out what is up with rebuildables...:)
Considering your profession, especially... I'm totally with the person who suggested the E-LVT! Rugged & can take a beating.. plus goes up to 15w- AND also all the way down to 3w (for those delicate juices that dna devices with 7volt min. always just burn!) ... & again, considering profession, the Aspire Nautilus with the newest BRV replacement coils will rock your vaping-World! (can get s/s tank for it too) as will the Kanger Aerotank GIANT (comes w/ ss tank option)- both are great for easy-peasy fill & go... but provide stellar vaping flavor/vapor & are reliable... will totally get ya through the entire day! Dripping... rebuildables... mechanical mods... & therefore also means carrying extra batteries all the time, extra juice *and dripping... wicks.. every day- Has its place, but.. IDK, don't see as something you'll wanna be bothering with all day, at work. Regardless... good luck & happy shopping! LOVE LONG -er & VAPE ON! :)

FyrPrf1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
* meant 7-watt minimum.

FyrPrf1

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Oh I agree but sometimes you just simply do not have $200 to cough up. When it comes to a choice of paying your electric bill and putting gas in the car or a provari for myself I choose lights and not walking 18 miles to work. :p It really comes down to what direwolf can or is comfortable spending. Honestly for the price of a provari which is EOL you could buy 2 Cloupers and a couple kayfun v2's which honestly is a pretty good deal.
Not to mention--- a new model Provari is being released VERY soon, so..... IF you are gonna buy one... I'd definitely either wait for the new version, OR for what will most likely be a discount of some kind (tho prob not huge, considering) on the 2.5 model. Happy vaping! :)

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
where can i read about the new provari specs?

flowerpots

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I have 2 FT purchased Vamo's V2, they are still going after a year + 4 months. No button issues, no LED/reading issues, and I only paid about $35 for each one.

Thunderball

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have 2 FT purchased Vamo's V2, they are still going after a year + 4 months. No button issues, no LED/reading issues, and I only paid about $35 for each one.

I have two SVD's from Fasttech that were just 4 or 5 more dollars than the Vamo's that were purchased about the same time you bought yours and like you, have not had a problem with them. I loan them out to new vapist from time to time for weeks at a time.

Its not always horror stories with China made mods.

UncleRJ

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
where can i read about the new provari specs?

The only thing I know about the new Provari is that it is a VW device with a 22 watt max output.

BUDKISS

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
the new provari 3 is what i am wondering about

direwolf_65

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Only 20watts....somehow I expected more....like 30watts maybe....but 20?!?!

Scuba-Matt

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
20 watts on the new Provari 3 as seen on Pbusardos quick look video. In the near future I wouldn't be surprised to see ProVape come out with something a little more powerful.

Savage_46

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I realize others may not have had as good of luck as me, but I've been using my SVD for about a year now in our shop. It's taken a couple real nasty drops & amazingly still works. Every now & then it doesn't wanna fire or it shuts off like a high temp cut off. Could be an age thing or abuse, I donno. Other than that, no real issues. I only use something with a quick replaceable coil/wick at work. I don't have the time to do a full rebuild at work or deal with any unforeseen issues that may arise. I never use a glass tank at work either.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Endurance I would give to the Provari by ProVape. My two year old Provari works like the day it was new.
I agree, the provari isn't real powerful, but it does last. I've had mine for over 2 years and it keeps on vaping.

VU Sponsors