Become a Patron!

What's up everyone!

Hey everyone, what's up? I wanted to take a moment to introduce myself. Started out about 2 months ago when my roommate quit smoking with a pretty sweet V3 Flip and decided I wanted to give it a try. Previously in my life I was a machinist and now work with industrial controls of 3 phase motors and solenoids. Naturally after playing with coils at work and appreciating nice machined items I really fell for some of the beauty of Mech mods.

I started out with a King V2 clone and Mutation X V2 clone. I'm pretty hard on stuff (especially working in an industrial environment) and wanted something robust so a nice stainless mod seemed to fit well. I ran 6 turns of 24ga kanthal for almost a month and really liked this setup. So much so that I was able to walk away from ciggs after 14 years of smoking.

The King V2 worked great for a while but I always seemed to be messing with it and really wanted a 2nd setup so I could start playing with coils and not stress about getting it back together immediately. So I went out to my local shop and picked up a pretty sweet Caravela clone and a different Mutation X V? (seems this X pattern air hole only comes with clones) RDA clone. This actually turned out to be more than sweet, it hit much harder than my King and the RDA had huge holes and tons of room to build. Then I started to look at some other interesting stuff....

And I picked up a Fuhattan clone... I started reading about voltage drop and saw this thing had a pretty nice switch with super strong magnets, no safety but didn't need it for just sitting at home. I wanted a full copper build with an egg patina, including the RDA. So far after trying a few RDA's I'm still not really pleased yet but it's a work in progress. Currently it has a Little Boy on it and this is more than acceptable however I'm wanting more air and I don't know if I want to go drilling holes or widening the slots on it.This might get swapped out for a Cigreen X in copper when I settle in a bit from a recent move.

Current Builds all with vtc4's
King V2 - dual coil 2 28 and 1 26 twisted and flattened, 5 wraps on 7/64 drill bit - Very cool and surprising vapor production with great flavor .28 ohm
Fuhatan - dual coil 24, 7 wraps on 1/8 drill bit - First set of coils in this RDA, general starting place for me .28 ohm
Caravela - dual coil parallel 26, 6 wraps on 7/64 drill bit, low warmth, serious cloud machine IMO .22 ohm

And a shitty cell phone pic, the lighting sucked and I had to use flash, deal with it.

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nice gear Drew and welcome to VU, You sound like a seasoned vaper, enjoy the forum:):)

RMarcusY

☮ Ambassador ☮
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Welcome to the VU, hope you find what you are wanting here.

VU Sponsors