Become a Patron!

What's up with this Aerotank??

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I have a Kanger Aerotank and I'm having an issue. I've gone through 4 new coils in the thing in the last week! They're 1.8 coils and I use Isticks at 12-13 w. I use juice that's 50/50. I don't even get a full day out of it before I start tasting burnt. I've tried closing down the air holes for MTL and opening them up for DL. Coils are burning either way. I don't have this problem with the Nautilus, Nautilus mini, Protanks or GS tanks. Am I doing something wrong? They're well primed and I get a few good hits but it's not long before it goes south. Pretty close to selling the stupid things... Anybody have an idea??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scalewiz

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm gonna guess and say that you may have gotten clone coils. They may not wick as well as your original ones (assuming you ran them at the same power).

Try turning the power down to 7 or 8 watts and see if they hold up any better. Also, make sure the coils are primed and wet, letting them soak for a few minutes before ever starting to vape with one.

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Look for the organic cotton ones that are on the market. Night and day difference.

kimber

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks guys. I'll give it a shot. I thought they were genuine but I could be wrong. Cheaper is not always better!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cote-2006

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
I vaped for over a year on the Kanger Aerotank Mega and loved it until I started with sub ohm nic and ti coils. On my Kanger I had the 'exact' same problem whether it was a bought coil or one of my rebuilds. I also had coils in the 1.3 range. Mine would burn very quickly (within hours) if I had the watts above 9 regardless of the battery. I kept it at 8 - 8.5 and a coil lasted more than two weeks. Then I would toss the coils in a small rubber maid dish. When I had 5 or more I would soak them in boiled water and vinegar repeatedly for a few days. Shaking the heck out of the container every few hours (need a lid for the container) Changed water and vinegar once a day. Blew the air out of each coil until I went dizzy then set aside for a week to air dry. Stilled used the same coils for months until I switched to a sub tank. I am not one of these people that have to have every new tank or mod. I would upgrade from time to time. I will say I never wanted to sub ohm until it came with the new Joyetech evic temp control mod. I tried both the nickel coil and titanium coil included in the box. Took a fews days to find the sweet spots for each coil but wow... the nickel coil at 40 watts, 460 degrees on a 0.2 coil is the best taste I have got yet vaping.

VU Sponsors