Become a Patron!

what's with the high prices of used vape gear.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm starting to think we are being trolled...that there are vendors coming on the forum posing as private individuals selling gear supposedly used that is as expensive or just marginlly cheaper than buying the gear new.or the flippers are just not all that smart anymore.

sychosis

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm starting to think we are being trolled...that there are vendors coming on the forum posing as private individuals selling gear supposedly used that is as expensive or just marginlly cheaper than buying the gear new.or the flippers are just not all that smart anymore.
Bad thing is I see it getting worse , I think we all prepared the best we could for this but there will be bloodsuckers out there preying on the noobies and they will not know any better .

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

PaulS

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have become quite particular in who I will deal with and what I will trade or buy. Selling a Limitless tube for close to retail doesn't interest me - I got one with an atty for 50 US. However, a Timekeeper at any price is just awesome. Problem is that when we post on a thread to say that is a bit steep, etc., we are told to bugger off ---

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah... price high and come down. I almost never offer what they're asking... I negotiate... if I want it...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
But I don't see this as an auction, it's just too much trouble. If you wanna sell it, price it to sell and be done with it. Maybe I'm a lazy buyer...lol!

Beeboqueef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Nah... price high and come down. I almost never offer what they're asking... I negotiate... if I want it...

I believe that is the exact same thinking a lot of sellers have. Price high knowing people are going to want to negotiate. Come down some on the price so both parties are happy and everyone has a good day.

Another thing I've noticed lately is some people want shit for nothing. They expect things to literally be given away.

I don't agree with people going in a post and making a comment such as "Too expensive" or "Your price is too high." If that's what you think and you have no intention of buying, why comment?

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yes, one in particular comes to mind, but most of us are a tad smarter than that and not so desperate, so they can keep their shit.

I think I know exactly who you are talking about. I had a device up for trade the other day and he tried to pass off a clone he was called out on in a previous thread as authentic. Good thing is, we are a tight knit group and when he made the offer I had four PM's warning me to stay away. If you look at his post in the buy / sell section his pics are almost always dark, out of focus or taken from far away. I don't mind people over pricing their shit because no one is forcing me to buy anything but I have nothing but contempt for people running scams.

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think I know exactly who you are talking about. I had a device up for trade the other day and he tried to pass off a clone he was called out on in a previous thread as authentic. Good thing is, we are a tight knit group and when he made the offer I had four PM's warning me to stay away. If you look at his post in the buy / sell section his pics are almost always dark, out of focus or taken from far away. I don't mind people over pricing their shit because no one is forcing me to buy anything but I have nothing but contempt for people running scams.
Bingo....

anavidfan

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years

Darn, I have not been too active on the classifieds and have no clue who you all are talking about. Im curious now.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
there are not as many good deals to be had here as there once was.

my fav is "I paid XX for this so I want 90%ofXX". LOL

Im sorry you over paid for it, but i can buy it new for less then your used one

sometimes i feel trade thread are best

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Dammit Ive been a member for how long here!!! :gaah::cuss2:
Im just playing but I think I know a certain name of a Wild Dog that your talking about ;)

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Dammit Ive been a member for how long here!!! :gaah::cuss2:
Im just playing but I think I know a certain name of a Wild Dog that your talking about ;)
Not the one I'm thinking of...ha!

iiKryptic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
download.jpg Awww, poo poo. Looks like he's throwing a tantrum:cry: Don't cry in your cheerios little man, they'll get all SALTY.

Last edited:

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
lol
someone just asked to have all his trade threads closed cuz peoplelike to talk shit

still waiting on my limitless plus
lol

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Ya know, I'm just irritated all around with things lately. There was never any proof that that was even the same guy, Matt. Was it possible? Sure, could have been possible for all the other 10 IPs that were all members here. As far as the "not to be named member" here, he's had a nothing but grief since he became a member here. Is it because he's young? Because a pic of one of his items was linked to another post by someone else? Well, so were other photos. Prior to that whole event he had a positive rating in the double digits. More than most of us here. Is it possible he's got a clone? Maybe. Is there proof of that? Not that I've seen. Has no one ever purchased what they thought was an authentic, then got hosed in the end? Countless times. By that guy? NONE that I know of.

Honestly, I have no idea what the truth actually is, but I can say I don't blame the guy for asking that his threads be closed. He's caught nothing but grief over something that can't be proven to this day.

Maybe I'm wrong, but wow. Everywhere I turn anymore is nothing but bullshit accusations and reminders of something else I thought didn't exist here. On a daily basis, I'm proven wrong time and time again, so maybe I'm wrong here, too. FUCK I'm tired.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ya know, I'm just irritated all around with things lately. There was never any proof that that was even the same guy, Matt. Was it possible? Sure, could have been possible for all the other 10 IPs that were all members here. As far as the "not to be named member" here, he's had a nothing but grief since he became a member here. Is it because he's young? Because a pic of one of his items was linked to another post by someone else? Well, so were other photos. Prior to that whole event he had a positive rating in the double digits. More than most of us here. Is it possible he's got a clone? Maybe. Is there proof of that? Not that I've seen. Has no one ever purchased what they thought was an authentic, then got hosed in the end? Countless times. By that guy? NONE that I know of.

Honestly, I have no idea what the truth actually is, but I can say I don't blame the guy for asking that his threads be closed. He's caught nothing but grief over something that can't be proven to this day.

Maybe I'm wrong, but wow. Everywhere I turn anymore is nothing but bullshit accusations and reminders of something else I thought didn't exist here. On a daily basis, I'm proven wrong time and time again, so maybe I'm wrong here, too. FUCK I'm tired.
You whinny bitch...you're just pissed because you sold me what you said was the Shroud of Turin and I found out it was just a rag with a happy face painted in motor oil....I want my money back...

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor

I feel the same way...I still feel a stigma from the past that hasnt been cleared on myself either but the way things are going it doesnt look like things would even change anyways....it is unfortunate that "he" is catching crap, from what Ive seen hes a great guy and he was "taken" one day and since then "he" hasnt had much luck here...might be a tough crowd but I dont think Im the only one seeing things are growing grim around here.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years

huck you are rightish
hes gotten greif
is he the same person who rippe dme off? no clue..if i could prove it, id be knocking at his front door with the local authorities.
but he gets grief for more then that
i did a trade with him
and he lied to me
we agreed we would both ship priority mail
i did he shipped 1st class and blamed his mom
he sent me a merlin wih a used coil and wick in it
he has done other minor stupid things in other deals if you read through his threads and feedback.
some NOT ALL of his prices are ridiculous
you can tell him privately he dont care and leaves it at that price.
would i do another deal with him??? MAYBE but he has left a sour taste and it really has nothing to do with the whole fckaugust8th fiasco

but i do understand where you are coming from huck, i even agree with you at time son the whole general attitud eof teh forum.
there's alot of what i would call nastiness going on foor teh past few months. ive said it before. when i point it out i get memes and made fun of by MODS and their friends some of teh nicer mroe helpful friendlier memebers rarely post anymore. this is not the same forum we had when i joined over a year ago. its bette rin some ways and worse in others. but every community goes through ups and downs and growing pains. So I am hopeful that in the end we are all good people and thinsg will improve

Zamazam

Evil Vulcan's do it with Logic
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would be careful going forward as vape shops close and the owners put their wares up on sites like VU at retail or close to retail in price as "new members". I've seen it start on reddit and other sites. I'm expecting a fair amount of G2 Homwreckers to show up priced more than ecig.com's blowout. They still are expensive compared to the RX200, but I have one and it just kicks ass.

Next will be the major name super tanks and then the mass produced mods including the Pico, and Kanger products. Stores that are operating in a heavily taxed state don't want to sit on dead inventory, so they will move it anyway they can for a larger profit, including shilling and such before they call it quits. Don't expect door buster sales all over the place.

Authentic Mech's and high end drippers will still be sold at a high price due to demand, and of course their will be asswipes that will try to pass off clones as authentic's. If in doubt, ask questions, if a seller refuses to show a pic of the switch, or atty internal's, then caveat emptor. As vapers we need to look out for each other, newbies included since we all were newbies at one point.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
You whinny bitch
OMG that seriously made me feel good for a minute. :hug:
I feel the same way...I still feel a stigma from the past that hasnt been cleared on myself either but the way things are going it doesnt look like things would even change anyways....it is unfortunate that "he" is catching crap, from what Ive seen hes a great guy and he was "taken" one day and since then "he" hasnt had much luck here...might be a tough crowd but I dont think Im the only one seeing things are growing grim around here.
I honestly still don't know. I wish I did.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I would be careful going forward as vape shops close and the owners put their wares up on sites like VU at retail or close to retail in price. I've seen it start on reddit and other sites. I'm expecting a fair amount of G2 Homwreckers to show up priced more than ecig.com's blowout. They still are expensive compared to the RX200, but I have one and it just kicks ass.

Next will be the major name super tanks and then the mass produced mods including the Pico, and Kanger products. Stores that are operating in a heavily taxed state don't want to sit on dead inventory, so they will move it anyway they can for a larger profit, including shilling and such before they call it quits. Don't expect door buster sales all over the place.

Authentic Mech's and high end drippers will still be sold at a high price due to demand, and of course their will be asswipes that will try to pass off clones as authentic's. If in doubt, ask questions, if a seller refuses to show a pic of the switch, or atty internal's, then caveat emptor. As vapers we need to look out for each other, newbies included since we all were newbies at one point.
excellent points as always spock. an dif you seea n good deals for xohm v3s or hexohm v2s let me know that xohm i got on ebay is the perfect mod for me and will out last most mods by many years imho

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
he sent me a merlin wih a used coil and wick in it
Bad etiquette isn't worth someone's rep, just sayin'. He can price his shit whatever way he wants. It's his shit. And if memory serves, you think everyone's prices are too high. You even started a thread about it. As far as him blaming his mom, I'm willing to bet there was a real explanation for that. I've done a deal with him, myself.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
As vapers we need to look out for each other, newbies included since we all were newbies at one point.

I truly wish more people took that exact thing a lot more seriously
this goes far beyond the member(S) in question for their sales.. we should only judge them based on their actions HERE. but warn others of the history and possibilities.... we definitely cant act on previous actions though.

other members to need to be advised of the vendors and their available sales and specials.
I agree to a point with mattp

huck you are rightish
when i point it out i get memes and made fun of by MODS and their friends some of teh nicer mroe helpful friendlier memebers rarely post anymore. this is not the same forum we had when i joined over a year ago. its bette rin some ways and worse in others. but every community goes through ups and downs and growing pains. So I am hopeful that in the end we are all good people and thinsg will improve

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's ridiculous, people have the lynch mob mentality here.

No one has proven or shown the guy who's being talked about is fckaugust, I've personally done a couple deals with him. Yes one info wasn't disclosed but at the same time people's views are very subjective on the rating system. And he was more then willing to help and correct the issue without hesitation.

Ask for more photos always, close ups, things like that. Tell them to make sure it's cleaned and all that stuff too.

And when in doubt go without!

Sent from my Toaster using Tapatalk

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

No one has proven or shown the guy who's being talked about is fckaugust, I've personally done a couple deals with him. Yes one info wasn't disclosed but at the same time people's views are very subjective on the rating system. And he was more then willing to help and correct the issue without hesitation.

Ask for more photos always, close ups, things like that. Tell them to make sure it's cleaned and all that stuff too.

amen bro....

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years

I'm out $60, and messages weren't responded to.

One if the IDs crosslinked, though, has continued to receive my business. Although the products I receive are sometimes in less than stellar condition, I have no complaints, and they are willing to negotiate.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Also if someone prices something higher then you like move on, who cares? At the end of the day you're trying to get a deal and their trying make back some of what they might of spent. We're all suppose to be adults here, act like it. You don't like a store you go elsewhere and remember you can ask $10000 for something but at the end of the day it's only worth what that one person is willing to buy it for.

SirVtHondaGuy08

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm out $60, and messages weren't responded to.

One if the IDs crosslinked, though, has continued to receive my business. Although the products I receive are sometimes in less than stellar condition, I have no complaints, and they are willing to negotiate.

$60 from sending money to Fcaugust right? It wasn't proven to be another member people think it was/is here, the ip was used my numerous accounts.

End of the day any deals HE actually did everyone got their items, might not of been in the condition they expected but they still got their things.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
Bad etiquette isn't worth someone's rep, just sayin'. He can price his shit whatever way he wants. It's his shit. And if memory serves, you think everyone's prices are too high. You even started a thread about it. As far as him blaming his mom, I'm willing to bet there was a real explanation for that. I've done a deal with him, myself.

ok lets talk about high prices for a minute
since we are also bringing up looking out for each other

so i should not give someone grief for over prcing their stuff- especially when they sell used for more then new, that should not effect their rep, but at the same time i should look out for my fellow vapers?

that is the whole reaosn i give people grief about their high prices, becuase im looking out for people.
not cuz i am cheap - but yes i am cheap

when i see peple constantly asking higher prices then new or about the same as new for a USED piece of vape gear that you cant return,cant send back if its broke, may not be able to get warraty on it cuz you bought it used....then I want to stop them, I wantto call them out on it, i dont want soemone being taken for their hard earned money. if "He" wante dto buy something used on here and it was being sold for a price highe rthen what you could buy new...i would tell "HIM" too even though my deal with him and what others have posted about deals with him have left a sour taste in my mouth.

maybe i go about it all worng, maybe my tine when i type comes across wrong. thats entirely possible. Huck I think for the most part we are all on the same side of things. we all may not always agree on everything all the time. im sorry you are in a mood about what I said. maybe i shouldnt have said it. but I did. i am not trying to be a jackass, but things are what they are at times.

people over price stuff on here, im not the only one who sees it. some people on here smell fishy at times, and they may be great people and just doing silly things.

but there are so many other situations on here just like this one. SV,CC, several chinese vendors have had their asses handed to them by mods for simple mistakes,fanboy threads gone bad.members trashing each other,members trashing venodrs for simple misunderstandings on mistakes, I wish all these thinsg never happened, but they have. Its what happens in real life.

shawn.hoefer

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
$60 from sending money to Fcaugust right? It wasn't proven to be another member people think it was/is here, the ip was used my numerous accounts.

End of the day any deals HE actually did everyone got their items, might not of been in the condition they expected but they still got their things.

Not laying blame... just know that I'm out the $$$ and the PMs were not responded to...

Caveat Emptor...

Hey, if he'd post another item I wanted, I would work with him...

I'm a forgiving sucker...

f1r3b1rd

Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
from what I understand the two were proven to be different people and not affiliated with one another. I could be incorrect there, but that whole thing was gigantically FUBARed.

I always considered buying anything second hand to be an inherent risk. Because of that, I only spend the amount of money I am willing to risk on the product.
it has happened, where I have gotten an item second hand and it was almost unusable. - that was my bad for not asking the right questions or asking for better photos.

VU Sponsors