Become a Patron!

What's Your Favorite Right Now?

Everyone,
What is your favorite Sub-Ohm Tank for Temp. Control that's out right now...and why? I would like to know what some people are using at the moment and what they like! I am currently running the Eleaf istick 40w temp control with a GS Tank. Just curious what other options I have for compatible tanks! I wouldn't mind maybe something black to match my black mod. Appreciate everything! Cheers!

KaBoomStick

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I'm enjoying the Uwell Crown immensely. The flavor and cloud production with the .25 coil has really impressed me. I've got some of the Ni200 coils on order but haven't used them yet.

I also really like the Smok TFV4. I finally got around to building in the dual RBA deck and the flavor and vapor production at even lower wattage (50w+) has been really enjoyable.

After trying several of the higher wattage tanks I don't think I can go back to a "typical" wattage tank. To me these two tanks in particular are a whole new level of sub ohm tank imo.

That being said the Smok TCT is also a very good and extremely affordable tank for TC that produces great flavor and clouds even at lower wattages.

Just my .02 on what I'm diggin at the moment. :)

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have the Lemo, Atlantis !! and Starre (which is identical to the spendy Maganus), but since I picked up a Herakles tank, the others have been shelved. Great performance and flavor plus they don't leak. I'm expecting a third Herakles to arrive soon. Plus, they're available from VU Vendor Wake & Vape for $20.

What do you guys think of the Herkales, Kanger Sub Mini, and Delta II Joyetech? Looking for best match for my 40w istick. I want something black for looks as well. I know those 3 come in black.

Hank F. Spankman

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm loving the Uwell Crown. I think I can honestly say, if this was the first tank I bought I wouldn't have purchased all the others I did.
Btw boom, your going to love the tc coils in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What do you guys think of the Herkales, Kanger Sub Mini, and Delta II Joyetech? Looking for best match for my 40w istick. I want something black for looks as well. I know those 3 come in black.

They make a black Herakles. I've got one coming for a black 40W iStick.

That said, the 40W iStick does not blow my mind but it is pocket friendly (and looks good with the Herk). <G>

Markw4mms

#Team Jimi Supporter
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I have a Herakles, but have not used it in TC yet. I have used my Kanger sub tank and the OBS T-VCT in TC and enjoyed both, but I'd have to pick the OBS over the subtank for flavor and lack of leaks. My sub tank has leaked/weeped since the day I got it.

Mipado

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Still love my Herkales, but after a few weeks with the crown, I'm starting to sway. Both tanks give me about the same in terms of vapor production, and flavor. My batteries drain faster with the crown, because its more demanding, but the stainless steel coils it has makes it worth having to swap/charge more often, still on the original coil, and its been two weeks, and at least 10ml ejuice per day, and I like a hot vape

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

woodyt74

Obsessive? Who me?
VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
For temp control I have the Kanger Sub Tank Mini and just got the Crown a few days ago. I have been vaping them on the iStick 40w TC and Sigelei 150w TC and I love the Crown tank and the Sigelei for flavor and vape production. I have been disappointed in the Mini in TC because the wicking sucks, it is always putting the iStick in temp protection and I've burned up two coils on the iStick in TC...not supposed to happen in TC. :( Overall the iStick has been a disappointing mod whereas the iStick 50w has been great. Just my .02...

HoosierVape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Just added an Aspire Triton and man do I like it. Looks great with my iStick and the top fill system is a huge bonus for me. Getting great vapor and flavor, even having to sacrifice for the only 3.5ml capacity. I had been using the Smok VCT Pro, which I do like. But had some issues with leaking when my liquid levels got low and the bottom fill is a pain for my 1 hour commute each way to work. Looking to probably add another tank here soon because I am kind of a juice whore haha but love this one for sure!

SailCat

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
For temp control I have the Kanger Sub Tank Mini and just got the Crown a few days ago. I have been vaping them on the iStick 40w TC and Sigelei 150w TC and I love the Crown tank and the Sigelei for flavor and vape production. I have been disappointed in the Mini in TC because the wicking sucks, it is always putting the iStick in temp protection and I've burned up two coils on the iStick in TC...not supposed to happen in TC. :( Overall the iStick has been a disappointing mod whereas the iStick 50w has been great. Just my .02...

I don't understand why you'd be burning through coils; I've got a couple (happen to be Herks but that shouldn't matter in this regard) and have been running the same Ni200 coils for over a week on two iStick 40Ws. Other than the lil' box asking whether it's the same coil as the last puff (repeatedly), no problems. Herakles seem never to dry hit.

I've gotta agree, though, about a more satisfying experience with a more powerful device, even at the same settings (temp or wattage). With the iPV2, f'rinstance, the performance is noticeably better.

VU Sponsors