Become a Patron!

When is my battery fully charged?

samooo1994

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
How do I know if my battery is charged ? I have a efest imr 18650 2100mah 3.7v 30amp battery, on my multimeter it is giving out 3.9volts, what voltage should I charge this battery too? And what voltage should I go down to before charging?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
How do I know if my battery is charged ? I have a efest imr 18650 2100mah 3.7v 30amp battery, on my multimeter it is giving out 3.9volts, what voltage should I charge this battery too? And what voltage should I go down to before charging?
technically you can discharge to 2.5v but that is really pushing it. most people stay above 3v, i even do 3.2v.

max charge = 4.2v or close to it. good battery chargers have overcharge protection but thats the highest voltage

Rayne

Member For 4 Years
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
if your battery is right around 4.2v, it's fully charged. As far as discharging, the majority of battery spec sheets will tell you not to discharge below 3.5v, while a few can handle as low as 3v before putting them on a charger. As a rule of thumb, I'd say to stick to 3.5v as a minimum, unless the spec sheet specifies something else.

Also, a little personal advice- Pick up a Nitecore D series charger. I have a D2 and a D4, and have no desire to get anything else. Probably the best charger for both reliability, reputation, and quality. Also, they're about the same price as most other digital chargers... so no reason to get something cheaper, unless you can't afford it.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Even the best batteries are sub-par if you don't have a good charger to service them.

VU Sponsors