Become a Patron!

Where is my cream?

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Hi All,
3 days ago i tried to modify a clone recipe of 'you might figure after the list of flavor'.
After doing all the mixing, i instantly try to vape it just to give it a taste.
All i can taste is simply apple, like apple syrup/ juice (but not the fresh you made out of juicer).
I'm planning to steep it around 10-14 days.
I did a shake and warm bath, twice as per today before finally placed in in my dark and cool cupboard.

My question is..:
1. Will i ever get the taste of cream and vanilla (and other note) after steeping?
2. Any certain steeping method recommended? I don't think i'm diligent enough to shake and let breath on each day during steeping time, just simply going to store and let it develop. Will it be okay?

Anyway the recipe is this:
60 Ml Batch
Ratio: 27/73 PG/VG
Nic strength: 3mg

Flav used:

CAP French Vanilla 3%
CAP Apple Pie 12%
FW Caramel Candy 2%
TFA Cotton Candy II Ethyl Maltol (10PG) 2%
CAP Double Apple 2%
CAP Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 1%
CAP Graham Cracker 1%
FA Madagascar (Vanilla Classic ) 1%

Thank you in advance!

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Just a first thought, but compared to everything else in your recipe, that's a lot of apple pie.
Did imagined so in the first place but many places that wrote the recipe showed number of 10-15% of the apple pie
Some people even use this as single for as much as 10%,
Is this CAP Apple pie that potent?

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Well, your recipe has 24% flavoring, only 5% is a cream or vanilla, the flavor you're wanting more of. HALF of it is an apple, even though it's apple pie, it's apple. Did any other mixers report getting stronger cream notes from it? Recipes are kind of like suggestions. What works for some, might not work for everyone. You can tinker with the same flavors, but find the ratio that suits your taste, best.

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Well, your recipe has 24% flavoring, only 5% is a cream or vanilla, the flavor you're wanting more of. HALF of it is an apple, even though it's apple pie, it's apple. Did any other mixers report getting stronger cream notes from it? Recipes are kind of like suggestions. What works for some, might not work for everyone. You can tinker with the same flavors, but find the ratio that suits your taste, best.

Most people who share the recipe said it worked for them
But on my initial tasting, i can't sense anything else but apple
I was hoping after steeping there'll be some cream developed..but maybe not

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
With math...
Or some recipe calculators have a 'Juice Repair' feature.

But you're not at the repair step yet, yer at the development stage.
You should figure out your flavor profile first, and in 15ml batches.
Then when you're happy with the recipe, you'll be able to fix the Pucker juice. :)
Indeed and still hoping for some vanilla and cream to pop
The recipe main profile indeed is apple pie but with notes of vanilla and cream

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Basically, most of the creams take some steeping time to show up.

If you feel you have added too much apple flavoring, you can always dilute/cut it.
I keep a bottle of "base" .. PG VG, and nic ... on hand, that I use to dilute with.
Even while vaping, sometimes when a juice gets close to the bottom, it "thickens" and adding a little base makes it taste "fresh" again.

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
Basically, most of the creams take some steeping time to show up.

If you feel you have added too much apple flavoring, you can always dilute/cut it.
I keep a bottle of "base" .. PG VG, and nic ... on hand, that I use to dilute with.
Even while vaping, sometimes when a juice gets close to the bottom, it "thickens" and adding a little base makes it taste "fresh" again.

Any 'math' on this dilution thing? This is interesting

Thanks!

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm assuming you use a calculator for your recipes, or for mixing ....
Such as this free one ... http://ejuice.breaktru.com/
You kind of scare me with the "math" word, because the calculator is where the "math" comes from for mixing.
Just add the PG, VG, and Nic called for too a bottle just like as you normally would, ...but leave out the flavoring.
You now have a "base"

Now, just to throw you off :devil:, I also make a base without nicotine ... I just mix up some PG and VG at the percentage I like, (70/30)
I use this one to dilute some of the old premixes I still have laying around.
They were mixed at a higher % of nic than I use now, and I can dilute them down to the % I now use.
Most premixes are made with high flavoring, so diluting most of them doesn't hurt the flavor at all.
Hope that explains it better

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
I'm assuming you use a calculator for your recipes, or for mixing ....
Such as this free one ... http://ejuice.breaktru.com/
You kind of scare me with the "math" word, because the calculator is where the "math" comes from for mixing.
Just add the PG, VG, and Nic called for too a bottle just like as you normally would, ...but leave out the flavoring.
You now have a "base"

Now, just to throw you off :devil:, I also make a base without nicotine ... I just mix up some PG and VG at the percentage I like, (70/30)
I use this one to dilute some of the old premixes I still have laying around.
They were mixed at a higher % of nic than I use now, and I can dilute them down to the % I now use.
Most premixes are made with high flavoring, so diluting most of them doesn't hurt the flavor at all.
Hope that explains it better

Thanks, but for my case, i think if i add the base, i might tone down the apple department, but then the cream and vanilla will be all toned down and maybe i will loose it more, no?

Slots

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks, but for my case, i think if i add the base, i might tone down the apple department, but then the cream and vanilla will be all toned down and maybe i will loose it more, no?
OK, my bad. I thought you were trying to tone down the apple taste, in which case I was suggesting slightly diluting to tame the apple, and then maybe adding more cream after taste testing.
Best thing I can suggest now is to give it a few weeks or a month to mature, and see what you get.

mamamiaw

Member For 2 Years
OK, my bad. I thought you were trying to tone down the apple taste, in which case I was suggesting slightly diluting to tame the apple, and then maybe adding more cream after taste testing.
Best thing I can suggest now is to give it a few weeks or a month to mature, and see what you get.
I think i will wait a week or two to see whether the cream and vanilla are less shy by then. Thanks!

VU Sponsors