Become a Patron!

Where to get base flavor concentrates

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I'm looking at starting to make my own e juice. I figure that is the best way to get the flavor the way I want it. With that said I have mentioned in other posts that for all intents and purposes I lost my since of taste back in 08 because of a motorcycle wreck. There was a bit of trauma involved. When I started to come back to reality 8 days after the accident i could no longer smell and my since of taste was limited to sweet, sour, salty, and peppery like habanero hot. Other than that nothing. Needless to say once the initial healing was over I was eating everything that wasn't nailed down trying to find something I could taste. One my way home from work in the spring of 2010 I stopped to get fuel in my work truck. I ran in the store after fueling up and bought a root beer. I popped the top o a drink and to my surprise and utter joy i could taste it and knew what it was. Since then my since of taste has come back to some degree. My since of smell hasn't and without that I still have problems in the taste area. We live in the south where bacon, tabasco, Slap Your Mama, vidalia onions, jalapenos and cayenne are considered seasonings . So needless to say if you came to our house to eat you would probably have a hard time with the way we season our food. It generally has a good amount of heat involved. We don't just take it to the next BAMM level. Where that guy on TV says BAMM we are just turning the key in the ignition.

Now that we decided to start vaping well honestly the e juice flavoring is kind of on the bland side as a whole. The ones that taste good to me I tend to vape on over to long a period of time during the day and they pretty much go bland. With that said I am seriously considering making my own juice. I'm not wanting to start with someone elses premade base recipe for say banana pudding and build on it. I want to make my own banana pudding from scratch. With that said we have a base set of ingredients and seasonings we use for cooking because it is what we like. That is the same approach i'm wanting to take with making juice, basic bases I need, and basic flavors. Then I will build what I want from there.

What I am looking for is a place to get the base stuff PG, VG, Nic that also has basic flavor concentrates, not someone elses already half concocted pie, crust, candy, fruit blend. I want to be able to build this stuff one flavor at a time to get the taste I want. So I'm open for suggestions

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Keep in mind that I am brand new to DIY and today was actually the first day I mixed (successfully ) my first batch of E-Liquid.

For starters may I suggest http://www.bullcityflavors.com/

Fantastic company to deal with as other members will confirm.

And best of luck to you!

Heartsdelight

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wizard labs has everything you need in one spot. Pg/Vg, Nicotine & flavorings from quite a few brands.

Ecigexpress.com too. They have a code on Facebook every week usually for 10% off.

There is also Bullcityflavors.com but I think they only carry Pg/Vg & flavorings. Coupon code VU6

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Keep in mind that I am brand new to DIY and today was actually the first day I mixed (successfully ) my first batch of E-Liquid.

For starters may I suggest http://www.bullcityflavors.com/

Fantastic company to deal with as other members will confirm.

And best of luck to you!
I second this & also just mixed my first successful juice today (we have a lot in common). I also must say that FA has great flavors except for strawberry. I now regret not getting the strawberry that everyone here recommends (I believe it's INW). I choose to go the cheaper route & now wish I had chosen differently. Good luck & happy mixing!

Let us know how things go & what you discover. Again, I'm new at this as well & I have found that the veteran mixers are great but so far ahead of me that it is difficult to learn some of the basics. I think that us newbs might be able to help each other with that.

Not that some of the Vets haven't been helpful, because they very much have. Just that is hard to ask someone making a bourbon cookies & truffle merengue juice for a simple strawberries & cream recipe advice.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

BCBuch

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I looked around on BullCityFlavors last night at work. Been looking at Wizard Labs amount nodding off this evening. I think between the two I should be able to come up with something that works.

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Holy shit, I just read my post & realized I need to stop posting after 4 martinis...

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
just throwing 2 more cents in for bull city :) Ive been interesed in that nicotine wizard labs has now I have been using vaperstek for so long though its hard to want to try something different

inspects

Squonkamaniac
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
just throwing 2 more cents in for bull city :) Ive been interesed in that nicotine wizard labs has now I have been using vaperstek for so long though its hard to want to try something different
^^^DITTO^^^....BCFlavors

CrazyCatLady

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I started diy about 2 months ago. I use Bull City and Nicotine River for all my supplies. I bought my scale off Amazon.

I agree there is a bit of a learning curve. But it's a fun adventure! I've used other's recipies, but I prefer to experiment with the flavorings. I've had a few failures, some that were ok, but not quite right (still tweaking them), and one that turned out amazing! My husband calls it my chemistry set :teehee:.

splucked

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get my supplies from ecigexpress.com. Competitive prices. Very good customer service. Shipping is always fast. Placed an order on June 30th, USPS First Class, Kent WA to Boston MA. Received it this morning.

VU Sponsors