Become a Patron!

Where to get polish/brushng kit

Viet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello, i bought 2x gp paps clone from fasttech and looking to to learn how to get a brush look on one and how to clean the other one properly with polish. Whats the best and affordable stuff to get to achieve all of thee? thanks!

MistaKuraudo

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure how you could get a brushed finish with household appliances, but I use mothers for polishing. It has yet to let me down.

Viet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Not sure how you could get a brushed finish with household appliances, but I use mothers for polishing. It has yet to let me down.

Yes im aware, im just looking on what to get/buy as i know i'll need a certain grit sandpaper etc. It will be on a brass gp paps clone. thanks though :)

Eliquidvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Hello, i bought 2x gp paps clone from fasttech and looking to to learn how to get a brush look on one and how to clean the other one properly with polish. Whats the best and affordable stuff to get to achieve all of thee? thanks!
You may be able to get the brushed look by using a steel wool bristle pad and a drill, by fastening the tube to the drill then while the drill is going run the bristle pad over it, polish until desired effects. I've just read that this is one way to do it though so try at your own risk. I know there is a similar method with different grades of sandpaper too.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I second using Mothers Polish, stuff rocks.

As for a brush finish...dpends on the metal.
You could do it with a greeny scrub pad or No. 0000 steel wool: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Rhodes-American-Grade-0000-Steel-Wool/17300262

Or, a cheap rotary tool and a steel wire brush attachment, then finish with the steel wool.
If you go that route..TAPE OFF THE THREADS! Ya rly don't want to have to buy and use a tap & die for messed-up threads. ;-)

Viet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thx fellas, got no drill on hand and thinking about buying a 800 grit sandpaper to try it on by hand.

Eliquidvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Might be a bit hard to do it by hand / take a long time. Do you have a dremel or anything? Harbor Freight sells them stupid cheap (I got mine for 7$) if you dont and there awesome to have around.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Thx fellas, got no drill on hand and thinking about buying a 800 grit sandpaper to try it on by hand.

Don't use wood sandpaper...use some made for metal. I like using these: http://www.riogrande.com/Product/3M-Sponge-Sanding-Pads-Set-of-5/337318?Pos=25

The sponge pads fit curves better and will save a lot of work. They also sand more evenly than a wad of Lowes paper shit.

I bet they have 3M pads at Amazon or many other locations..just watching Nascar and don't wanna search too much atm. ;)

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
/OT

Is wood/metal shop dead in the USA school system?

I learned this stuff when I was 14 in Jr. High..... ;-)

Eliquidvape

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
/OT

Is wood/metal shop dead in the USA?

I learned this stuff when I was 14 in Jr. High..... ;-)
It was at my high school :/ 99% of what I know is from my own self research and being taught by older people.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
It was at my high school :/ 99% of what I know is from my own self research and being taught by older people.

18ozok9xjknq2jpg.jpg

Sorry m8....

Viet

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Don't worry, nowhere have i said im gonna use sandpaper known for wood lol.

Tibby49

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
That Todd video was pretty bad right? I have the same mod on its way from the same place and was gonna do the same thing. Was gonna screw on a carto and then place it in a hand drill where the bit goes. Seems like it would be pretty uniformed lines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tick22

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Thanks for all the how to's, and information. I am tired of my finger print magnets always needing cleaning or a CSI crime lab. Wish more equipment came brushed, like my Brass Magneto. easy to clean and never have to worry about it being used against me for finger prints when used as a weapon..

VU Sponsors