Become a Patron!

Which battery for the mini IPV v2?

TVG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't have the slighest clue about batteries, and vendors in my town are mostly not very knowledgable.

Would it be a good idea? I don't m
Since it is a regulated device and not a mech, I should mostly shoot for high mah, right? I was thinking about a Panasonic 18650 - 3400 mAh battery
http://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/accus/461-accumulateur-18650-panasonic-3400-ma.html

Would it be compatible? What would be my best option?

TVG

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
This should probably have been in the battery forums.

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I don't have the slighest clue about batteries, and vendors in my town are mostly not very knowledgable.

Would it be a good idea? I don't m
Since it is a regulated device and not a mech, I should mostly shoot for high mah, right? I was thinking about a Panasonic 18650 - 3400 mAh battery
http://www.lepetitvapoteur.com/accus/461-accumulateur-18650-panasonic-3400-ma.html

Would it be compatible? What would be my best option?
Do NOT use that battery. You want a high drain IMR. Your highest MAH options will be LG HE2's, Samsung 25R's, LG HE4's, all 2500 MAH. I have 16 LG HE2's three pairs are married for my iPV3. I like them, lol. All those batteries are capable of 20 Amp continuous discharge, 35 pulse. If you can find em, sony VTC4's are around still, and they are 30 amp continuous, but 2100 MAH. Don't use those Panasonics.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
What TBCAmor said, don't think just because a battery has high mah, it is better, it is the Amps that matter more than anything. I have VTC5's, which are getting older and I have been replacing with samsung 25r's.

whiteshadow

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've been using Samsung INR 25r batteries in every regulated mod I have and it performs to my satisfaction.

noejuice

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The battery question in the 70w ipv mini 2 is indeed of no minor significance. If you want to fire wet sub ohm pieces such as coiled attys and coiled tanks, then I read somewhere (no reference but I believe it is in the actual ipv literature) that you must run at least a 30 amp capable piece. Here is the answer you are looking for and I am ordering 4 of these myself immediately. http://liionwholesale.com/collectio...2100mah-flat-top-wholesale?variant=1038136780

With this particular mod we are applying DC-DC current 100% of the time so she functions as a mech but through a chipset! The battery is very important and will require high sustainable amperage if you want the dank all the time; otherwise you're just sucking on another hot dry clearo. I'm in the exact same boat as TVG and, while other batteries will fire, the sx330v2c chipset needs a 30 amp battery sustain to vape in the upper half of the wattage range and pull wet sub ohm clouding 100% of the time.

Last edited:

JerryOden

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I used the 2500mah MXJO's in mine and it works great. Those are the only batteries I use for anything and they are great.

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a combination of vtc's and Samsung 25r batts. I like them both and keep meaning to add a couple LG HE2 batts just to check them out. All of the batts I listed will work well for the ipv mini v2

montijo505

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Illumn.com has Sony VTC4 in stock and for great price

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

VU Sponsors