Become a Patron!

Which Bottles Do You Use?

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'm looking for wide-mouth bottles I can use for my DIY juice. I mix about 80ml at a time and would prefer the material to be PE. The wide mouth opening is a must, the bottles need to be at least 80ml, but 100ml and 120ml or even larger is fine too. I like the squishy PE plastic best, but I'll take PET or whatever material. The last thing that i need is to be able to squeeze the liquid out nicely without the dropper cap blowing off.

These bottles below is what I currently use, but the screw caps are super cheap so they crack and leak.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/5949103

I've had my eye on these and while theyre not PE, they seem to check all the other boxes. I like how the dropper is screwed on and not press-fit. I'm betting you can get a nice stream flowing out of the top to quickly fill up 10ml and 30ml bottles without worrying if the cap is going to blow off. Also they have a nice wide mouth so I can just pour my ingredients in from a beaker without messing with a syringe.

https://www.vapewild.com/empty-bottles-120ml-3-pack/

But, theyve been sold out for f o r e v e r. please help. I've searched google, amazon, but i cant seem to find good bottles. What do you guys use?

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
nice! thats exactly what i'm looking for. i like you can choose your caps. pricing is great too. thanks very much for the link.

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
I'm looking for wide-mouth bottles I can use for my DIY juice. I mix about 80ml at a time and would prefer the material to be PE. The wide mouth opening is a must, the bottles need to be at least 80ml, but 100ml and 120ml or even larger is fine too. I like the squishy PE plastic best, but I'll take PET or whatever material. The last thing that i need is to be able to squeeze the liquid out nicely without the dropper cap blowing off.

These bottles below is what I currently use, but the screw caps are super cheap so they crack and leak.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/5949103

I've had my eye on these and while theyre not PE, they seem to check all the other boxes. I like how the dropper is screwed on and not press-fit. I'm betting you can get a nice stream flowing out of the top to quickly fill up 10ml and 30ml bottles without worrying if the cap is going to blow off. Also they have a nice wide mouth so I can just pour my ingredients in from a beaker without messing with a syringe.

https://www.vapewild.com/empty-bottles-120ml-3-pack/

But, theyve been sold out for f o r e v e r. please help. I've searched google, amazon, but i cant seem to find good bottles. What do you guys use?

I use the ones you have a link for to FT - love them

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the ones you have a link for to FT - love them

do your caps break? maybe i just got a bad batch of caps..
also, the dropper top blasts off on me sometimes when dispensing from the bottle to smaller bottles. ive lost quite a bit of liquid from that

JuicyLucy

My name is Lucy and I am a squonkaholic
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
do your caps break? maybe i just got a bad batch of caps..
also, the dropper top blasts off on me sometimes when dispensing from the bottle to smaller bottles. ive lost quite a bit of liquid from that

I ordered five of the five packs (25 bottles) and only had one bad cap so far. Have used at least a dozen of them for a few months now

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
oh wow. i must have gotten a bad batch of caps. or maybe i was cranking them on too tight, which was not hard to do.

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Cut the tips a bit to allow greater flow and less pressure when dispensing.

thanks. yeah I did do that. first i tried widening the dropper cap hole with a paperclip which *kinda* worked. but not really. then I resorted to cutting the tip, which works great for dispensing. but now I have to be super careful when shaking the bottles because if i squeeze it too much while shaking, the liquid dribbles out through the cap. the tip no longer forms a seal with the cap. and the fact that most of my caps are cracked certainly doesnt help either. lol, you can never win.
but i think with these screw top yorker caps, i shouldnt have that issue.

@Carmmond thanks for the Bull City links. i ended up getting the Nicotine River bottles linked earlier but i think i'll try these too at some point. how squishy are the bottles you linked.....more of a rigid plastic or would you say its kinda soft?

@SteveS45 i hear you on the glass. i like glass too, due to the fact that you know it wont leach. but i forego that luxury simply because i cant stand having to use a funnel to transfer juice to smaller bottles which inevitably will have a narrow opening. squeezing is easier for filling tanks too. but who knows maybe i'll go back to glass at some point.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Must be from all the years of pouring Coolant into radiators without using a funnel??

voicenyerhed

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use these. The only thing I'm not a fan of is that in order to refill them I have to pry the dripper cap off with a knife, which is not too difficult to do but it seems to ruin the dripper cap after about 5-6 refills. I also find that I need to keep a napkin or tissue handy as the excess left in the cap after filling a tank can sometimes leak out a couple of drops. More than once in the begining of using these I ended up with a drop of juice landing on my suit...not the most professional look, especially when you fill your tank over your lap right before a meeting! LOL! But I have learned to get around that issue now.
https://www.bullcityflavors.com/60ml-pet-chubby-gorilla-bottle-5-pack/

Carmmond

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Carmmond thanks for the Bull City links. i ended up getting the Nicotine River bottles linked earlier but i think i'll try these too at some point. how squishy are the bottles you linked.....more of a rigid plastic or would you say its kinda soft?
The 4oz Pet bottles are a rigid plastic but with them being square they hold up way better than the round ones and take up less space. I have used both round and square ones and after using the square ones I will never go back to the round. I like the rigid plastic for storing my juice.
The LDPE gorilla bottles are pliable but hold up very well.... I have some well over a year old and they are still in great shape.

All said and done remember Pet = stiff and LDPE = pliable.

Bottle 101... done and off the box:D

Kemosabe

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for the info. PE i believe is also pliable. then theres also HDPE(?) i think...which is also pliable. then of course theres the whole leaching thing...i think the ones with the "PE" ending their name are less likely to leach. or maybe that was PET. i cant keep it all straight anymore LOL

jambi

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I still use a lot of PET because I have so many that I bulk bought when I started DIY, but they have some big drawbacks. They quickly develop stress creases around the middle that eventually become cracks. When a brand new bottle is freshly filled with eliquid, it's much more visually appealing than LDPE, but when they're creased, they look pretty awful. This isn't so bad on 60 and larger ml "bullet" style, but the 15 and 30 ml crease very easily. Also, cleaning PET bottles is a pain in the ass compared to LDPE, since their rigidity doesn't allow simply squeezing to flush out the water. Because they're so rigid, the small ones (15ml) have to be squeezed hard, which I'm told by one arthritic friend is painful. I had to buy LDPE bottles for the juice I make for her. I'm phasing out my 15 and 30 ml PET in favor of LDPE for these reasons.

I've bought from these guys: https://www.liquidbottles.com/ Just be warned that their extremely low prices are offset by a 17.99 flat rate shipping fee.

Just Frank

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I mostly use Walmart bottles. They sell them by the shampoo and dental hygiene. Specifically they're in the travel sized department. I like the wide opening on top for mixing by weight. I mix in them and let the recipe steep. Then I squeeze the liquid into 30ML gorilla bottles when needed. Heres a pic-
1019172200a.jpg
I also use the square bottles from bullcity with a yorker cap.

VU Sponsors