Become a Patron!

Which Kayfun?

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Been an kanger fan for some time but really wanting to try something different.

Ive seen so many mixed reviews with kayfun clones and im not sure where to start really...At first i had my eye on the kayfun lite...then saw a kayfun lite v2 and v3 and now a v4.

Im looking for a simple easy to use version.

The 3.1 version i see has custom tops you can buy to make then top fill as well as many accesories to make it a mini etc....

Should i make the 3.1 my first decision or maybe a different model?
Any guidance would be appreciated.

VapedCrusader

Custard Junkie
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yup.. the KFL 3.1 will be much easier to get a hang of first.. then you can step up to the v4 if you like it.. little bit of a learning curve w/ the v4 but not too bad .. the KFL is a great RBA - I owned 10 of them at one point.. plus you can get them for pretty damn cheap - Infinite is a good clone to look at

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
The Kayfun series is easy to build.

And I fill my Lite and Lite Plus from the top all the time.

So take your pick and you won't really go wrong.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I'd say the 3.1 would be the most trouble free to start out with.

Tobeco, Infinite, and HCigar all have good ones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Thanks guys..ill probably go with the 3.1 first then...i was hoping fasttech may have a good one they sell...anyone with experience on ones from fasttech?..the lower cost versions.

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks guys..ill probably go with the 3.1 first then...i was hoping fasttech may have a good one they sell...anyone with experience on ones from fasttech?..the lower cost versions.
As long as you read the discussions under the items, and buy the best rated Sku# you'll get a good device from fasttech. I WOULDNT just buy the cheapest on there. The versions vary greatly in quality.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My Ehpro Kayfun 3.1 is a great piece. Wouldn't want any other manufacturer or model. I've had it for awhile and still love it. For a mouth to lung, rebuildable tank it's perfect. Two coil mounting options, two filling options (not including top filling), adjustable air flow and the bottom cap catches any leaks (only leaks if I do something wrong). It's simple, reliable and has just the right features. I very highly recommend it.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Has anyone used the
KGOTECH clone?

this is the one I'm looking at: http://www.desire-ecig.com/Kayfun-V4-1-1-Clone
Seems the Tobeco is generally regarded as the best v4 clone. It's pretty cheap too. Since the v4 has so many parts, I think getting a known good clone is the way to go.

Edit: Unless someone that has that exact piece can vouch for it. I've not seen anyone mention that brand so it might be a gamble.

Last edited:

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
My Ehpro Kayfun 3.1 is a great piece. Wouldn't want any other manufacturer or model. I've had it for awhile and still love it. For a mouth to lung, rebuildable tank it's perfect. Two coil mounting options, two filling options (not including top filling), adjustable air flow and the bottom cap catches any leaks (only leaks if I do something wrong). It's simple, reliable and has just the right features. I very highly recommend it.
I have heard almost uniformly good things about the Ehpro, and almost as many good things about Tobeco. I stumbled across the link to the KGOTECH and it said "98%" good feedback and the price was right, so I thought I'd ask.

The thing is, I have have absolutely no experience with Kayfuns (or Rebuildable Tank Atomizers of any kind) and am confused by all the various Kayfun versions/kits, etc. I have a fear that it would sit around like my Magma did for months after I bought it, while I muster the wherewithal to figure it out and build it. But at the same time, I feel like a smallish-midsize RTA might be the perfect thing for me. The Magma experience I've had so far isn't quite right for daily use for me (vapor is too intense, at least the way I've been able to build it so far--and TBH I have scarcely exhausted the options, so I may be passing judgment too soon) but I'm sick of clearomizers and dealing with cleaning, dryburning, rebuilding, rewicking the weensy coil heads all the time.

Do you have to use a needletip bottle to fill any of the Kayfuns? And is it true that only on the v4 can the deck be accessed without emptying the tank? Does the Kayfun "lite" mean it's got a smaller tank capacity? And does anyone know was that (KFL) discontinued? I heard that it was.

I would be so psyched and more confident to buy if there were a vape shop around here--somewhere to take my new gadgets and be physically shown the ropes! Alas, there is nothing like this anywhere near where I live. I am willing to put in the research, but still get kind of overwhelmed looking at all those jillions of parts..

Right now, my favorite vape is on my old Protank II - I get more airflow on it than I do on the pt minis (but not too much) I can fill it up and go, not worry about it leaking or running out for the most part. I am definitely a mouth-to-lung hitter for the time being, and presumably this is possible with Kayfuns, depending on how you adjust the airflow.

Mike H.

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I e
I have heard almost uniformly good things about the Ehpro, and almost as many good things about Tobeco. I stumbled across the link to the KGOTECH and it said "98%" good feedback and the price was right, so I thought I'd ask.

The thing is, I have have absolutely no experience with Kayfuns (or Rebuildable Tank Atomizers of any kind) and am confused by all the various Kayfun versions/kits, etc. I have a fear that it would sit around like my Magma did for months after I bought it, while I muster the wherewithal to figure it out and build it. But at the same time, I feel like a smallish-midsize RTA might be the perfect thing for me. The Magma experience I've had so far isn't quite right for daily use for me (vapor is too intense, at least the way I've been able to build it so far--and TBH I have scarcely exhausted the options, so I may be passing judgment too soon) but I'm sick of clearomizers and dealing with cleaning, dryburning, rebuilding, rewicking the weensy coil heads all the time.

Do you have to use a needletip bottle to fill any of the Kayfuns? And is it true that only on the v4 can the deck be accessed without emptying the tank? Does the Kayfun "lite" mean it's got a smaller tank capacity? And does anyone know was that (KFL) discontinued? I heard that it was.

I would be so psyched and more confident to buy if there were a vape shop around here--somewhere to take my new gadgets and be physically shown the ropes! Alas, there is nothing like this anywhere near where I live. I am willing to put in the research, but still get kind of overwhelmed looking at all those jillions of parts..

Right now, my favorite vape is on my old Protank II - I get more airflow on it than I do on the pt minis (but not too much) I can fill it up and go, not worry about it leaking or running out for the most part. I am definitely a mouth-to-lung hitter for the time being, and presumably this is possible with Kayfuns, depending on how you adjust the airflow.

I ended up with a used Tobeco kayfun lite Plus...Huge difference in flavor to any of the protanks...Wick and coil it right and you really dont need to worry about breaking it down to get at the deck all the time...Ive been using just a regular drip tip bottle to fill from the bottom with out any problems...Ive had zero leaks.

If you want the simple no frills version, go with the lite plus...Im loving mine so far.

lirruping

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I definitely want to start with the no frills so will look into the KFL Plus. Maybe I can find a used one, too--that would be great. Thanks for the input :)

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
The 3.1 is a no frills device. The bottom cap on the 3.1 prevents external leaking. If the lite leaks, it'll run down the outside. Either is fine if it's a well made clone.

SusanP4

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I happened to have bought the Tobeco v4 this past Saturday from my local vape shop. We were laughing because they told me I would have to learn how it works and teach them. But after a few Youtube vids I got it down. Very pleased.

VU Sponsors