Become a Patron!

Which mod?

RyGuy3186

Member For 1 Year
Hi everyone,

My gf and I are new to vaping and I want to know your input on which mod I should get her. I recently purchased the Smok X-Priv and I absolutely love it. What is everyone else using?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Regulated and I'd suggest dual battery.
Does she vape now? What atomizer?

RyGuy3186

Member For 1 Year
What is regulated? She does vape now but she is using the shitty Innokin Coolfire Mini. Battery is the shits and was a big waste of money. I want to get her a sub ohm device for around $100. My X-Priv was $95 for the setup. I'm not sure what atomizer, I'm still new to this and don't know very much yet.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Regulated means it has some safety features built in to make it safer, and, you can adjust the wattage.
Is this the current setup?
https://www.innokin.com/vaporizers/cool-fire-mini/

I'd recommend tailoring the new setup by first picking the tank while considering the type of coils it will run,,, then mod,,, instead of choosing between kits.

RyGuy3186

Member For 1 Year
That's the one. Its a piece of shit. When the battery gets to half way it is only a matter of minutes before it dies.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
That's the one. Its a piece of shit. When the battery gets to half way it is only a matter of minutes before it dies.
Yeah, it's only 1300Mah
Here's a kit I thought of http://www.eleafworld.com/eleaf-invoke-with-ello-t/
I own the mod and it's a good one. compact, easy interface, dual battery so all day on single charge.
I here the tank is great and the coils excellent, that's what I hear from users. But I think she may have been using .8 coils on the mini?
And this one has lower resistance so I don't know if that's what you want for her. But is is compatible with other manufacturer's coils.

Everything is subjective to what the vaper wants, even the aesthetics. Can you state the coil's Ω and the wattage she vapes it at? And does she want more/denser vapor, stronger DL hit?

RyGuy3186

Member For 1 Year
I just checked that mod out and it's pretty nice. My gf likes the look of it. It's nice and compact for her. I'm sorry but I'm not educated enough yet to understand the ohm ratings. I'm currently using a 0.15 mesh coil and it's amazing. So flavorful.

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
ok, the .15 on yours is the rating. Hers will be on the coil or paperwork

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
What kind of atty does she want to use and at what power levels.

Me i vape subohm and at less than 30 watts..... I currently run a Istick Pico75 usually with an RDTA on top..... plan is to upgrade to a Squonker box.... liking the New Wismec Luxotic MF..... 21700/18650 squonker that converts to a dual 18650 battery mod.
And come with 2 control boards... fully regulated and UNREGULATED.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I'd pick Aspire or Eleaf mods over smok. The QC is better, fewer if any issues.

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
lol I lean toward overkill on the mod.. 200w Min! That way I can vape any tank or coil set up I want without having to buy a new mod. My favorite is still Segelei Kaos Spectrum though. About $65 Can. at fasttech. Aside from that..Kanger has a nice toptank mini kit... rebuildable mini RBA or use factory coils, and 80W power..enough for any new vaper to play around with.

Lately I've been hearing things about smok products.I've never had any issues,in fact I have the prince stick which runs great.I believe smok is marketing the new cube/2.Does any one have any info on this.Some of these You Tubers who review these products are questionable.Weather you believe me or not there regulated by the companies themselves on what & what not to say.I believe my input on this is true through other Vape Shop Owners.Aside from that I vape the Aegis 200w/TC & the I-Joy Diamond/PD270/TC.I'm still doing my homework on the Cube/2 from smok.Have a great day all...

Depending on the situation I'd recommend different things, a pod system for quitting smoking (if that is the case) and just a regulated mod for starting vaping. I would say don't mess with unregulated, it requires quite a bit of knowledge and they can be dangerous if used incorrectly.

VU Sponsors