Become a Patron!

Which one? I'm new to vaping.

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Hey, long story short I wanted to make this thread to make myself feel better. I'm new to vaping, the first vape I ever had was a pen sized one which was relatively good. But I decided to step up my game and buy one of these "mods".

The thing is I went ahead and bought this one because a guy was selling it cheap. Saved around £30.

This is what I bought - https://vaptio.co.uk/product/vaptio-ascension-s50/
But what is the difference between the one I bought and this popular one? - http://www.vapeclub.co.uk/vape-club...starter-kits/kanger-subox-mini-kit-black.html

Is the Vapio Ascension any good? Will it give good clouds and flavour?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I know nothing about Vaptio, but it sure looks like much better quality than the Kangertech in materials and design. The screen on yours is really nice, and I personally like the internal battery. I think you did just fine. How do you like it?
Never heard of the tank either, but with a ceramic coil you should have great flavor and vapor production. Welcome to VU.

Last edited:

Samzon

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I know nothing about Vaptio, but it sure looks likes much better quality than the Kangertech in materials and design. The screen on yours is really nice, and I personally like the internal battery. I think you did just fine. How do you like it?
Never heard of the tank either, but with a ceramic coil you should have great flavor and vapor production. Welcome to VU.

Thank you for the reply. I haven't received it yet, still on it's way. It's coming from a friend in the US and I'm in the UK so might take a week.

This might be a silly question but am I able to buy any type of tank and coil? For example, would I bet able to buy a Aspire tank and coils and use it with the vaptio box?

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thank you for the reply. I haven't received it yet, still on it's way. It's coming from a friend in the US and I'm in the UK so might take a week.

This might be a silly question but am I able to buy any type of tank and coil? For example, would I bet able to buy a Aspire tank and coils and use it with the vaptio box?
It;s a 50 watt device that fires down to .2 ohms, so you could run just about any sub ohm tank/rta.

JERUS

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Looks fine, there's just one thing that has me a little shakey. Now, they may have progressed and the design of the coil is different so it may not be as much of an issue. But, back in the original Atlantis days they tried the ceramic wicking material and it would flake and when it did, boom flake in your throat and man that was a bitch. But, this seems to have horizontal coils which would make that situation less likely as long as you don't push the life of the coil (replace once you have a noticeable drop in performance).

The Box looks fantastic though, really sleek and cool. Yes you should be able to put any 510 style tank on there. I don't have one so I can't confirm for sure, but I doubt they messed with the threading to not allow other tanks. You in general have 2 types of tanks, eGo (pen style with the male being on the battery/mod) and 510 (male being the tank). Yours seems to be a 510 though they mention an innovative design but from the sounds of it that's on the way they handle the pin (contact for electrical connection). Just make sure whatever tank you get is going to be fine being powered by 50w. Say the TFV4 which is a popular one currently, it simply wouldn't work well under those settings for most of it's coil options. Check out the recommended wattage and get something that fits.

Now if you do choose to get a new tank, something worth considering. A coil lasts me about a week, so at the $20 per 5 pack on your tank (I don't know the euro command, forgive me), and compare to the $12+ (depending on coil option) of the Kanger tank, we're talking $5 a week vs $3 on coils. Also Kanger Subtank and Aspire Atlantis/Triton coils are probably the most common coils (pick up at any vape/smoke shop). So those things are worth considering when buying a tank IMO. If you buy online availability isn't nearly as much of a concern but cost is. Over time price differences will shift. Of course then there are rebuildable decks which can save you a lot of money if you're willing to put in the time to learn how to do that (enough wire/cotton for a year would cost you about the same as 1-2 months worth of replacement coils). Anyways, just a couple thoughts. I wouldn't mess with RBAs unless you actually enjoy tinkering, otherwise you may just get frustrated and go right back to premade coils. But, factoring in long term costs is certainly worthwhile.

Vapin4Joy

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I want the one you bought, I hope it becomes available in the US, nice!!!!!!!!!
;)

VU Sponsors