Become a Patron!

Which RTA or RTDA for wotofo FLUX mod?

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I am looking to get started with rebuildables but need some help please.

I vape at 30 watts and so I'm thinking I need to be around .5ohms on my builds?
Does this sound right???

What 25mm RTA or RTDA would you recommend?

What wire/mesh?

What cotton?

Who should I buy this stuff from?

THANKS MUCH!!!!

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Could try a single coiler around .3Ω for that 30-35w.

What country you in?

I'm waiting for more reviews on Kylin V2 which will be available soon. Jury is still out for single coil performance, looks promising though.

Last edited:

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
I am looking to get started with rebuildables but need some help please.

I vape at 30 watts and so I'm thinking I need to be around .5ohms on my builds?
Does this sound right???

What 25mm RTA or RTDA would you recommend?

What wire/mesh?

What cotton?

Who should I buy this stuff from?

THANKS MUCH!!!!
There are a LOT of RTA's and some RDTA's out there. Might be easier to help you along if you post some you've seen that you might like, then it would be easier for others to comment on your picks and get feedback from you and guide you along.
Some single coil RTA's I have and like:
OBS Crius II (the single coil one) Easy build/wick. Great flavor, has 510 tip.
Wismec Bellerophon - Still playing with wicking on this one. Like the looks. Really good flavor. Small grubs screws.
OBS Engine Nano - hard to find. Really good flavor. Easy build/wick. No leak top AF.
Kylin Mini - Best flavor. Can be hard to learn how wick it, esp if just starting out so I wouldn't suggest this one to you.
A couple I don't have nor tried but feedback is good:
asMODus Zesthia
Augvape Intake - top AF
A couple RDTA's both are easy build/wick, great flavor.
Alliance Tech Flave 24
Pyro 24
I like the Pyro more because it has a 4ml tank and is super easy to fill. The flave is only 2ml and I pretty much only use it on a squonker.

BrokenChef

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Vape Fan

Thanks for all that!

I think I'd like the wotofo Serpent Elevate... Top air, 4.5ml tank, new design, doesn't leak

And you are the second one to rep the Augvape Intake

OBS Crius II and Pyro 24 sound like good options too

Def want a 4-5ml tank if possible.

Started looking at ohm meters with build deck..

I see some from China on ebay for $5-$10 and then they jump to $30-$50.

Anyone have the cheap ones? Do they work or do I need to get the $30+ model?

I have several ohm/volt meters that my dad used for work years ago. One is a $150 unit used by pro electricians but it's just the leads with pins, not a screw on deck that I can use to build on.

Seems the deck type would be ideal to work with.

I'd like to order from eight vape as they have some .3ohm could I'd like to try that are cheaper than the wotofo coils I'm using but shipping jack's them up so a larger order allowing me to use a coupon code makes sense. They have the asMODus Zesthia. They have the Vanda VAPE Kensei which has a 4ml bubble glass and 44 5 star reviews but is bottom air which worries me. They also have a Geek VAPE Blitzer that's 5ml with bubble glass and chimney extension with 56 5 star reviews. And wotofo Bravo that's 6ml with bubble glass and 30 5 star reviews.

Based on what I've read, I think I'd like to stick with Mesh or Kanthal wire/coils... Do they make Kanthal wire I can wrap myself or are they only avail premade?

Vape Fan

_evil twin_
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, Cruis II is less <4ml, but it's so easy to fill. Kylin Mini 5ml bubble fits it. Not saying you should get it, just giving you more info.
All wire types we vape with can be had to make your own.
Just get a kit with a meter so you'll have what you need.
Here's a Coil Master's v3 kit
https://www.eightvape.com/products/coil-master-diy-kit-v3
And here it is with Tab Mini V2
https://www.elementvape.com/coil-master-diy-kit-v3

I think Direct Vapor and Vapor Range are a couple places with free shipping/no min and they may have new customer codes as does many others.
You'll just have to shop around for your best deal.
There are Chinese vendors with good pricing/free shipping,,,,paid for by the wait :giggle:

As far as coil types, a couple of my favs are aliens and fraliens. I hear mesh can be really good but haven't tried it or have anything that uses it.

If it were me, I would get my list firmed up then buy on the upcoming black friday/cyber monday.

Last edited:

gsmit1

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use the Coilmaster kit all the time. Great way to get all the essentials in one pop and a nifty high quality case to boot.

VU Sponsors