Become a Patron!

Which two 18650s for DNA167 (only 50-60W .12-.45 builds).

vapesmooth1234

Member For 4 Years
I just bought a VT250S dual/triple 18650 DNA250. Will be using it in dual mode. I have a 3X 18650 reuleaux dna 200 already but can't use dual mode. It's too big in pocket as 3X 18650 for everyday hence I just ordered the DNA167.

I've been using LG browns in the reuleaux with no problem. I don't vape high wattage as noted. I will probably start vaping some new tanks though but not sure what, basically I want smaller tanks. All I use now are TFV8 premade coils (.12) or dual Clapton builds in RDA(usually .45). But maybe the premade coils in whatever I end up getting as new tanks (maybe baby tfv8 or some smaller aspire dual coil etc) will matter, but either way, 50-60W on a .12 or .45 ohm coil isn't high wattage and whatever new tanks won't be 'high wattage' either.

So I think all I need is highest mAh possible. Is there anything better these days for my application that the LG browns (3000 mAh?)? Maybe something protected? Or protected would not actually be preferred (I have no idea with batteries, I just ask and then buy) Thank you.

EDIT: I WILL be leaving them in the mod and USB charging with the DNA's integrated balanced charger like I did for over a year with the rolo DNA200 if that matters. I might rotate them every couple weeks but I never did with the rolo and there is still zero difference read between the cells on a $500 multimeter. I read since I'm not vaping high wattage, the first cell might not be taking the most use anyway. I also have the DNA set to max battery life instead of max puffs (max charge to 4.1 instead of 4.2).

thanks.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
In that wattage range your fine. Your fine even up to 120ish watts with any good true 20 amp CDR battery
other batteries to consider
VTC5a- less mah but more maps for going higher in watts
30Q supposedly (have not tried it myslef) outlasts the lg hg 2 brownies

with a regulated device its about wattage setting and the voltage in your batteries not the coil resistance

so you do watt setting divided by current voltage of the battery ( most people use the low voltage cutoff since that will give you the highest number you can get in this formula) then divide all that by the efficiency of teh mod. Most mods are 90% efficient but I believe the DNAs are higher

So any 2 battery regulated mod in general at 60 watts divided by low voltage cutoff(which is different in all mods but the lowest I have seen is 3V per cell) divided by 90%
so 60/6/.9 = 11.11 amps you are drawing per battery in general YMMV depending on factors such as the mod itself, conditon of your batteries and what your low voltage cutoff is on your mod

Me personally I would have no issues using 2 LG HG2 brownies in that mod in the 50-60W range. Might there be a different battery (like the 2 mentioned above) that may give you slightly more run time or efficiency or safety? yes but how much I personally can not say but I do not believe it to e a night/day difference.
now if I were the type to ALWAYS not just occasionally for shits or giggles, use that mod in the 150+ Watt range I would grab the VTC5as. But for your purposes HG2 and 30Q will be fine

gbalkam

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reddit Exile
LGHG2 will be fine. Don't worry about wattage or amps. The mod has multiple protections. Fact is, IF anything does go wrong, your battery type really won't matter. Use brand name, high drain batteries. (I say 20A would be fine). Basically, the biggest danger with a regulated mod, is damaged battery wraps. Or shorting on coils, broken 510pin ect, but the odds are very low. You are more likely to be killed by a lightning strike than vent a regulated mod.
Aprox numbers..
Vented Regulated Mod= 30 per year
Fatal lightning strikes = 48 per year in USA.

If you vape in lightning storms.. try taping one end of an 8ft length of 20ga SS wire to any metal surface on your mod as a lightning rod. Hold the mod in your hand, and stick the other end of the wire into the ground. I won't say it will keep you from getting hit by lightning, but it would make a hilarious youtube video.

champton

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had good luck with the LG HG2s. They're supposedly among the best with a 20A CDR. I've been running these on a dual-battery G-Priv with a pair of .11Ω Stainless Steel Fused Claptons at 82-95 watts and as you can see, I'm still alive and kicking. :D

My friend uses these on his VGod Pro mech as well. His gets a little warm, but doesn't even come close to exploding. He likes to stay >= .15Ω though.

Last edited:

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've had good luck with the LG HG2s. They're supposedly among the best with a 20A CDR.
I think the VTC6 beats them and Mooch likes the 30Q a bit better as well.
Disclaimer: I do have about 16 HG2 batteries and some are over 2 years old.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

VU Sponsors