Whiskey's Corner#3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Poor girl, why? Can she get a permit to conceal carry in Chicago?
Hubby's job relocation. With a ~125K+ yr salary, and an empty nest now, they don't mind the adventure where the job takes them now. I have no idea what the CCP laws are in Chi town or even allowed, but I know my BIL has a Texas style arsenal that they were agnsting over bringing there. Chicago is definitely not legal gun owner friendly.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Hello folks, I thought I'd drop in and let ya know I'm still kickin. Finished all my Chemo and Radiation treatments and am waiting for enough time to pass to get another scan and see how things look. Visually the tumor in my throat is gone and I am optimistic.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hubby's job relocation. With a ~125K+ yr salary, and an empty nest now, they don't mind the adventure where the job takes them now. I have no idea what the CCP laws are in Chi town or even allowed, but I know my BIL has a Texas style arsenal that they were agnsting over bringing there. Chicago is definitely not legal gun owner friendly.
Yeah, I knew they are not gun friendly in that city. But didn't know about their CCP. I don't think I could move to a place without CC. That is one good thing about KS, don't even need a permit for cc.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hello folks, I thought I'd drop in and let ya know I'm still kickin. Finished all my Chemo and Radiation treatments and am waiting for enough time to pass to get another scan and see how things look. Visually the tumor in my throat is gone and I am optimistic.
Congrats Sir! Sending more positive optimism your way for negative scan results.
They just finally figured out a chemo treatment plan for my MIL that the side effects aren't 10X worse than the malady.

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Good morning Recan, That is really good. Hope that the scan shows good news for you. Take care.

My Dad is going thru chemo right now. He says he is feeling better where it was hurting him really bad.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah, I knew they are not gun friendly in that city. But didn't know about their CCP. I don't think I could move to a place without CC. That is one good thing about KS, don't even need a permit for cc.
Same here. One of the reasons I moved from NJ. The grief and money they caused my father for buy a rifle from a buddy in PA was ludicrous. Hell, a BB/pellet gun is considered a firearm there, and requires a permit.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
Congrats Sir! Sending more positive optimism your way for negative scan results.
They just finally figured out a chemo treatment plan for my MIL that the side effects aren't 10X worse than the malady.
My biggest problem with Chemo was an unbelievable state of confusion. Things just didn't make sense. I appreciate my wife so much for hanging with me.

Prayers and best wishes for your MIL.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My biggest problem with Chemo was an unbelievable state of confusion. Things just didn't make sense. I appreciate my wife so much for hanging with me.

My brother got that, severely, was worse due to the tumor in his brain and they REALLY pushed the chemo in that area, was devastating each session, short term memory loss, and speech was effected majorly

2WhiteWolves

Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon

Glad you have a good wife. Hope you and your wife had/has a good support system/family/friends.

Saying a prayer for him.
Thank you. Same for you and your wife /family.

Recan

VU Donator
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
A big SALUTE to the caregivers, those that look after their loved ones when they need it. What you do and what you go through often goes unnoticed. Having been on the receiving end, I want to say thank you to all who give so unselfishly.

RatRacer

a touch oɟɟ
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Ay, yuy, yuy, YUY, yuy, yuy! When does it end?:facepalm:
I got a call from my work neighbors, telling me a water pipe had broke at the office. I drove out here, and the well house now has a mote. The fitting on top of the pipe that comes up out of the well has cracked, pressure washing the whole MDF interior of the well house. Shut the breaker off, and we'll deal with it on Monday. Thankfully it was outside the warehouse, so none of our seed will be pre-germinated for our customers.:giggle:
Last week it was our mailbox getting taken out for the 3rd time. I'm getting sick of digging post holes.
Time for the ride back home, with a lunch stop off .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

VU Sponsors