Become a Patron!

who can tell me what % 80 pg / 20 vg or 60 vg / 40 pg etc gives you the sweetest juice

barberguy

Member For 4 Years
I have always bought or diy 80 / 20 pg / vg but I hear more vg is sweeter or a 50/50 is sweeter
so if I say like vanilla custard what will give me the sweetest taste

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
pg carries the flavors more, but many will tell you it is viable with max VG as well, depending on your flavor percentage and flavoring used. If you're not PG allergic, try a 50 50 blend, you will get more of a throat hit and more flavor, if your dripping, you will get better flavor than if you use a tank when using max VG also. Its still one of those "subjective to taste" issues. I prefer the taste in juices that are 50/50 and have tried one of my favorites with higher VG, it did not taste nearly as good as the 50/50 did.

barberguy

Member For 4 Years
hey celtic so my newest flavor is custard go with a 50/50 and it would be a sweet taste .......yes I fill a tank I dont see why you want to carry around a bottle of juice but to each his own... but if I read it right pg is the sweeter of the two cause

I guess the reason I asked cause a friend sent this to me and really confused me can you explain pg is sweet , vg/heavt is sweeter to all confused

The more PG the sweeter Jeff, which is what you said in the 1st email, the all VG is the least sweetest, then Vg/heavy is slightly sweeter and the standard (50/50) is sweeter againJ, do you not agree Jeff?

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pg might not be as sweet as VG, but PG carries flavors better. And kid has a great suggestion too, add a drop of stevia if you want your custard even sweeter. Try a 50.50 mix. See how you like it and go from there my friend. Keep a record of your experimentation. From my years of smoking cigars, I kept records of how each one tasted, I started the same practice with my juice intake, its informative and fun lol.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
hey celtic so my newest flavor is custard go with a 50/50 and it would be a sweet taste .......yes I fill a tank I dont see why you want to carry around a bottle of juice but to each his own... but if I read it right pg is the sweeter of the two cause

I guess the reason I asked cause a friend sent this to me and really confused me can you explain pg is sweet , vg/heavt is sweeter to all confused

The more PG the sweeter Jeff, which is what you said in the 1st email, the all VG is the least sweetest, then Vg/heavy is slightly sweeter and the standard (50/50) is sweeter againJ, do you not agree Jeff?

Holy cow, does you friend know Who is on first? That was a hot mess of a reply. :confused:

the relz

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I'm dripping a 80vg 20vg strawberry cream(SCREAM) from kreative kustomz and it's still sweet. But I'm thinking it's all on ratio of the juice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

barberguy

Member For 4 Years
I thought this was a good topic thankyou everyone anything else it all helps thanks again to everyone for the hot mess of replys

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Try 70/30VG for some improvement in sweetness and vapor (flavor is still good).

Add 1-2% TFA Marshmallow or FA Meringue for a bit more sweet.

Or a drop of stevia or TFA Sweetener.

MoFo

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The more VG the thicker the juice. I gather that you're using a tank so be wary of higher VG juices as they will tend to give you more dry hits, depending on the tank/coil system that you're using. You'd probably be okay with 60vg/40pg.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
you can turn any ratio of juice into a sweetness so sweet your teeth can hurt..

it takes a mixture of sweeteners..
if you are using a tank, stay away from heavy vg percentages..
it will cause your coil to burn up..without the coil getting enough juice.

are you trying to mix, or looking to buy already made sweet juice?

normally I add sweetener from tfa and em (cotton candy)..
how heavy the sweetness is how heavy I am with those 2..
always a 2/1 ratio..

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years

Ohh god I think I just had a lesson in Insanity. Now what were you trying to say

HoseGarden

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
it's mostly in the sweetener man

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years
Ohh god I think I just had a lesson in Insanity. Now what were you trying to say

i think it was some body got confuzzled (me) too..

pg is not sweet..
vg is a bit sweet but not a lot.. it can give an effect for sweet.. but it's just a thicker base..
some people like a 50/50
some like 100 pg
some like 100 vg

some like "max" vg which the standard is 80vg with 20pg

some people cant handle pg
some people cant handle vg

some people that do not use "drippers" use anywhere from 50/50 to at the best.. 60vg 40pg
people that use drippers mostly like and use max vg or higher..

find your level..

for sweetening:

Cotton Candy aka Ethyl Maltol or EM for short
TFA Sweetener
Stevia

anything else should be used with caution.

since the OP hasn't responded.. i hope that all questions have been answered now :)

good luck with that sweet spot!

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
i think it was some body got confuzzled (me) too..

pg is not sweet..
vg is a bit sweet but not a lot.. it can give an effect for sweet.. but it's just a thicker base..
some people like a 50/50
some like 100 pg
some like 100 vg

some like "max" vg which the standard is 80vg with 20pg

some people cant handle pg
some people cant handle vg

some people that do not use "drippers" use anywhere from 50/50 to at the best.. 60vg 40pg
people that use drippers mostly like and use max vg or higher..

find your level..

for sweetening:

Cotton Candy aka Ethyl Maltol or EM for short
TFA Sweetener
Stevia

anything else should be used with caution.

since the OP hasn't responded.. i hope that all questions have been answered now :)

good luck with that sweet spot!
Thanks for the translation @Smoky Blue I had too much less care in me to do so :)

barberguy

Member For 4 Years
you know Its nice you can go to websites like this and learn and talk with friends because some of us I guess just are not as smart as some of the rest
but smokey blue , celtic fog and alot of others I like that you help other people out by sharing what you learned or our doing with vaping ....
some of us really put our selves out there only because we also enjoy vaping so I guess mr scaryz if you dont have something nice to say stay out of the conversation

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
like @downInTn wrote, just taste some PG and some VG, and the answer will be clear.

One other consideration is your nicotine. The more pure the nic, the more the sweetness of VG can come through when you vape. The peppery sting of some nic can override all kinds of sweetness.

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you know Its nice you can go to websites like this and learn and talk with friends because some of us I guess just are not as smart as some of the rest
but smokey blue , celtic fog and alot of others I like that you help other people out by sharing what you learned or our doing with vaping ....
some of us really put our selves out there only because we also enjoy vaping so I guess mr scaryz if you dont have something nice to say stay out of the conversation
Knowing who to do something does not always require smarts, but learning to do anything requires effort which turns into experience and hopefully skill.
Smarts comes in when people who have built up their knowledge and skill pass it successfully to others. Fortunately we have some smart people around here, and lots of people working to build their knowledge and skill.

Can anyone help me out? I'm quitting smoking and taking up vaping. I'm trying to find a good mod that's regulated and doesn't require me to build my own coils or anything like that. I want something as safe and basic as possible but will give me huge clouds with my 0mg juice

Joshhm9x

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Can anyone help me out? I'm quitting smoking and taking up vaping. I'm trying to find a good mod that's regulated and doesn't require me to build my own coils or anything like that. I want something as safe and basic as possible but will give me huge clouds with my 0mg juice

What type of tank are you looking at? What is the VG/PG ratio? What kind of mod do you have in mind? What's your budget? Also if you're just trying to quit smoking you won't do it at 0mg/Nic my friend.

What type of tank are you looking at? What is the VG/PG ratio? What kind of mod do you have in mind? What's your budget? Also if you're just trying to quit smoking you won't do it at 0mg/Nic my friend.
Well I'm not sure of the tank, I figured each mod would have a tank that fits best. Id like to cap the budget at $100. The juice I've picked out is 60/40. I want something that's easy enough to use (only vaping a few weeks as of now) but will give me huge clouds. I'd prefer not to have to build coils or anything like that. And yes I have juice that contains nicotine, I mentioned the 0mg as just an example as I've heard you get bigger hits without the nicotine giving you a throat hit

Oh and preferably an internal battery, safety is big to me

Cid6.7

Member For 4 Years
I went out yesterday & bought Amer Ager ? & some organic stevia leaf powder.. However when I opened the bag of powder its actual ground leaf... Its green Obviously I got the wrong stuff..? I highly doubt this will dissolve in a PG blend... So I used 1.2ml of the Amber stuff in each of my 30ml bottles I just concocted. I'll letcha know how sweet they come out.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
My personal preference is higher VG ratios and I am contemplating a MAX VG for my next DIY. I have done a 60/40 of a recipe I now do with a minimum of 70/30 VG/PG and did not taste any difference in the flavor but the vape was smoother with a slightly better cloud.

Just my observation and what works for me.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
...some like "max" vg which the standard is 80vg with 20pg...
There's no standard "max" VG being 80VG/20PG. The level of PG in a max VG eJuice depends on the flavors being used, without adding additional PG to the mix, due to the flavors usually being in PG. Therefore, e. g. if you have an overall of 5% flavors that you add to your mix, you'll have a 95VG/5PG eJuice.

Joshhm9x

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
There's no standard "max" VG being 80VG/20PG. The level of PG in a max VG eJuice depends on the flavors being used, without adding additional PG to the mix, due to the flavors usually being in PG. Therefore, e. g. if you have an overall of 5% flavors that you add to your mix, you'll have a 95VG/5PG eJuice.

I think he meant the standard e-liquid in stores is usually around that 80/20 ratio. Or at least that's the case where I'm from.

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It is possible to have 100% VG by using VGD or VG Dominant flavors. I have a few of them and there is a little alcohol in them but no PG.

Smoky Blue

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Unlisted Vendor
Member For 5 Years

Most of the time.. anything 79vg/21pg and up to 50vg/50pg is not considered max vg..

If I used all vg flavoring it would be 100% vg or max vg just like if i had 20% pg flavoring, it'd come to 80vg/20pg which is max.. so yes, there is a standard.
Then you have my limits.. I dont do anything over 10%pg.. it tears my throat up.

Then you have vendors that dont like to disclose what ratio it is.. so at that time.. I walk away with all my money.. I dont have time for that :)

I think he meant the standard e-liquid in stores is usually around that 80/20 ratio. Or at least that's the case where I'm from.

You must live close to me, as that it exactly what it is here too. Think it's an everywhere deal ;)

Joshhm9x

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Most of the time.. anything 79vg/21pg and up to 50vg/50pg is not considered max vg..

If I used all vg flavoring it would be 100% vg or max vg just like if i had 20% pg flavoring, it'd come to 80vg/20pg which is max.. so yes, there is a standard.
Then you have my limits.. I dont do anything over 10%pg.. it tears my throat up.

Then you have vendors that dont like to disclose what ratio it is.. so at that time.. I walk away with all my money.. I dont have time for that :)

You must live close to me, as that it exactly what it is here too. Think it's an everywhere deal ;)

I'm in Ohio, but I remember a few places in NY, Maine, and Chicago had 70/30s and 80/20s marked as "Max VG"

SteveS45

Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
I would not say deceptive but maybe the word you could use would be subjective?

VU Sponsors