Become a Patron!

Who here vaping nichrome

4King

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Just recently try some fasttech random nichrome,. Duo coil 0.28 ohm with 250* F on my avocado with TC, and it is amazing.
Was looking at youtube to see some built trick, and all i found was some scary warning, did some research, and most dont have a straight answer, so here i am looking to see who do nichrome, whats ur ohm and degree vaping at, your thoughts on its safety.

ej1024

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Just recently try some fasttech random nichrome,. Duo coil 0.28 ohm with 250* F on my avocado with TC, and it is amazing.
Was looking at youtube to see some built trick, and all i found was some scary warning, did some research, and most dont have a straight answer, so here i am looking to see who do nichrome, whats ur ohm and degree vaping at, your thoughts on its safety.

I'm a NICHROME fan boy...
I like the flavor, ramp up time and the longevity of the coils...
I mainly use SS coils for Tc
My ohms depends on the device I'm using!
For RDAs
I have fused claptons 2x/24g/34g all nichrome
Ohming at .1-15ohms
For rtas
It varies
From
.1-.3ohms...
Right now in my supreme
I have 22g/34g claptons 4/5 wraps 3.0 spaced
Ohming at .12...all nichrome
The more you become advanced in VAPING
You will learn to find what coils/ohms/wattage works for you..good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoolBeans32

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year

I love nichrome but I think you got it mixed up with nickel / Ni200. As far as I know, we arent suppose to use TC with nichrome wires. And i dont think there is a mod out in the market right now that has a pre setting in TC for nichrome. Im NOT saying every mod WONT fire in TC mode with nichrome, but it will most likely not be reading the temperature correctly, and you are probably getting lucky with some good hits so far but I dont see how it is possible for it to be consistent

As far as I know.. only wires now for TC is nickel, stainless steel, and titanium

Last edited:

gopher_byrd

Cranky Old Fart
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
I love nichrome but I think you got it mixed up with nickel / Ni200. As far as I know, we arent suppose to use TC with nichrome wires. And i dont think there is a mod out in the market right now that has a pre setting in TC for nichrome. Im NOT saying every mod WONT fire in TC mode with nichrome, but it will most likely not be reading the temperature correctly, and you are probably getting lucky with some good hits so far but I dont see how it is possible for it to be consistent

As far as I know.. only wires now for TC is nickel, stainless steel, and titanium
Get yourself a Hohm Wrecker G2. You can do TC with darn near any wire. Check out this long thread: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hohm-wrecker-g2.191406/

CoolBeans32

Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Get yourself a Hohm Wrecker G2. You can do TC with darn near any wire. Check out this long thread: http://vapingunderground.com/threads/hohm-wrecker-g2.191406/

Ah, thanks for clearing that up, i never heard of that mod, I already own a few mods that can TC Ni200, SS, and Ti, i've tried all of them with pretty good results and works well for me, but i always find myself going back to VW anyways. With the crazy coils i wrap mixed in with proper wicking technique, i can chain vape all day without ever getting a dry hit.

If i ever decide to going back to TC i might check out the hohm wrecker tho

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Ah, thanks for clearing that up, i never heard of that mod, I already own a few mods that can TC Ni200, SS, and Ti, i've tried all of them with pretty good results and works well for me, but i always find myself going back to VW anyways. With the crazy coils i wrap mixed in with proper wicking technique, i can chain vape all day without ever getting a dry hit.

If i ever decide to going back to TC i might check out the hohm wrecker tho
yeah nichrome and kenthal are watt mode only unless you have a hohmtech mod (G2 or hohmslice)
TI and Ni200 are TC mode only
SS (304, 316, 317, 430) and NiFe can be used in either mode

Most devices will TC SS, Ti, and Ni200 only
DNA mods can do NiFe as well
FSK mods (hohmtech) can TC anything

VU Sponsors