Become a Patron!

Why do all my DIYs taste the same?

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I like a custard or cake based flavor with strawberry.

I have tried Ripe Strawbery, strawberry, custard, vanilla custard, strawberry custard, cake batter, yellow cake different brand VG, different brand PG, different brand nicotine, as well as different brand flavoring.

I always use more strawberry flavoring than anything, but it always just comes out tasting like a raw sweet flavor same old flavor everytime.

I use 3mg nic 70VG/30PG.

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
Some flavor brands need steeping at least for a week, in order to develop their full flavor profile. Especially the custards.

nabibrian

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
This is kind of my go to flavors. I don't seem to have issues with this. But as Neunerball has mentioned, steeping is important!

Can you share the recipe you are having issues with flavor with?

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Are you cleaning out the stuff you're using to measure and mix with every time?

Heabob

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Strawberry is a pretty dominant flavor so...
I'd actually lower the Strawberry some to allow the other flavors to come forward a bit.
Otherwise everything will just taste like Strawberries IMO.
Or try mixing in some other fruits like Lemon, Lime, Rasperry, Banana, etc.
I get burnt out on Blueberry Custard, Blueberry Cheesecake, Blueberries & Cream, etc., after vaping them for a long time.
Maybe try some other fruits and expand a little:D.
And yes, Strawberry needs steeping, sometimes up to a month.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Maybe toss in a flavor for contrast, like cookie or graham cracker, or a combo of fruits for a different kick. The ones you've listed all fit a profile type, so they will taste pretty similar. With contrasts like that, you can lower your main flavor and the opposing ones can bring a whole new taste to it. Maybe even try spice for kicks, like cinnamon, ginger, cardamom... oh, anise! Have fun with your flavors and keep your taste buds happy.

I mixed up a strawberry cupcake and I used 8% vanilla cupcake and 5% strawberry and came out pretty close. I don't remember what brands and if it was a ripe strawberry or regular, sorry I don't have my notes handy, but I hope this helps. I would suggest add more of the cake or cupcake and less of the strawberry, trust me, it will be there when you try it. I also agree, they need to steep. I have heard rumor that if you just mix 2 flavors, within 2 weeks you should be able to taste it to see if you like it and longer for more flavors.

Sent from someone awesome

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hey Whiskey!! He's doing well. Been busy with some stuff going on but health wise, he is doing fine. I try to call him once a week but between our schedules we have a hard time doing that. How have you been?
Tell him I am thinking about him and asked about him:)
I've been doing good:)

Tell him I am thinking about him and asked about him:)
I've been doing good:)
I am glad to hear that Whiskey and I will let him know you asked about him, I am sure he will appreciate that. I owe him a birthday lunch, just haven't had a chance to make it happen with him.

Kleinman

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Thanks guys! I might have to try that strawberry cupcake I'm pretty sure I have all the flavors.

VU Sponsors