Become a Patron!

why do most all mods HAVE to have some cheeseball engraving on them...?

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
seriously 90% of the mech mods out there are ruined by some horrible design engraved on it.

they remind me of this...
FAH300A302S.jpg

where are all the clean looking mods at?

M5amhan

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
thats why i like the manhattan and cana mod (i got clones) aside from the original modders. clean, simple, and works well

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
engraved with pure EGO....I want to see some more clean mods! I have a feeling China will be providing plenty of them soon. Started seeing a lot of private design mods from China over the last few days.

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If you scroll through the last 90 days of mech introductions on FT, (disregarding the misplaced regulated shit)... there are plenty of mechs represented that have little to no tube art - perhaps just a forgery maker logo, and that's it.

As authentics move away from all the lame ass kung fu dragons, skulls and other aggressive bullshit, and move towards more - personal to the maker - fonts and logos... you'll see more clean mods, or at least logos that aren't copies of 90s silk shirts.

The option is to buy mods with a button you like, a tube set you like, a 510 cap you like... and remove the tube logo you don't like.
I've removed tube logos from at least a half dozen mods, leaving them "sterile"... and if the button logo offends, that goes too.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
I see your point.

Kinda like my own gripe about regulated mods having that damn puff counter!

I know how many puffs I take.

Just enough to make me happy:D

Absintheur

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I created a new mod today it would have the world's most complicated engraving and machining I could cram on it just to slow down the rip off cloner jerks...

RoccoV

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Half Moon Mod is clean. Very clean. Enjoy the day!:cool:

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
If I created a new mod today it would have the world's most complicated engraving and machining I could cram on it just to slow down the rip off cloner jerks...
It didn't take long for them to clone the v3 flip.

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
thanks for all the replies! i look forward to more devices that dont look like a switchblade and spikes will shoot out of it. it makes me think of those low end head shops that sell nudie posters and cheap swords/throwing stars.

i am in the market for a 26mm mod that is clean and in SS... any suggestions?

State O' Flux

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ya' know... my response yesterday was reflective of a - quizzical, WTF??? - idea of a 26mm OD, tube mod. I assumed you'd made a typo and meant a 26650 battery. Then I remembered that there are one or two "thick wall" 18XXX clone mods... well, at least one.
The Cartel is 25mm. I can't find anything that's 26mm on the nose... but hey, 25mm is close.
biggrin.gif

Scuba Steve

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Ah yes the Dragon, probably the worst design ever put out and all be damned if they don't put them on everything. Clothes lighters anything metal or leather. Who buys this crap? Right up there with shirts with wolves on them.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
engraved with pure EGO....I want to see some more clean mods! I have a feeling China will be providing plenty of them soon. Started seeing a lot of private design mods from China over the last few days.

If I were a mod maker, I'd be much more afraid of that eating into my business than any threat clones could ever be.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Yeah, once all the Authentic elitist started getting lawsuit happy, China said "well fuck you too" and started releasing non cloned high watt mods using new chips, but china seems to be doing better at it day by day. Their non cloned Mechs are starting to get better and better looking too, at least clones build brand recognition for the authentics, who only produce 1000 to 5000 while the clones sell around 5000 to 25000 lol. Free cheap advertising if you ask me and their throwing it away.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I would love to see someone do some true engraving that is not laser etched etc. its almost last resort

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think 90% of people are introduced to the authentics via the clones. I never heard of Nemesis before the clone. A lot of authentics are done in runs much lower than 1,000 units, more like 200 units. I don't know of a single site showcasing all of them. Even if one were produced at < $100 I'd still probably not be aware of it until the clone arrived. That is something they could do something about fairly easily vs. whinning.

As it is, there are logo-less clones appearing in FT. The result is I have no idea what they are clones of. You bet it's their loss. Just the arrogance of thinking a pipe can be patented is astonishing.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I take it you've never seen Otto Carver's work.
3k for a pipe that is engraved....LOL i hope otto knows that more people laugh at him than look up to him.

aikanae

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
3k for a pipe that is engraved....LOL i hope otto knows that more people laugh at him than look up to him.

It's beautiful. One of a kind and they do sell. I have admiration for fine craftmanship such as that but it's not going to supply the masses with what they need or want. There's something for everyone.

r2beat

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Eh but people still buy it so good for him on making money. I still think the tribal one is a joke. Reminds me of those retard jock meat heads. Ottos other works like some of the guns are ducking nice.

Celtic Fog

Tir Na Nog
Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Im an old lowriding and motorcycle guy from Los Angeles, I will always love the old school scroll work when it comes to engraving. Wish I saw more of it on the mods.

iLoveVapeMail

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I dont mind something cool and original on it... but dragons, skulls and shit are gaaaaaay

m3rma1d

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
seriously 90% of the mech mods out there are ruined by some horrible design engraved on it.

FAH300A302S.jpg

I agree, I see so much of this shit and I instantly think, "It's got the unspoken Guy Ferrari seal of approval."

In other words: It's fucking douchey, bros.

Cheeseball mod makers take note: Quit vaping your Axe body spray and have some class.

guyfieri_web.jpg

ButtKickers

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I agree, I see so much of this shit and I instantly think, "It's got the unspoken Guy Ferrari seal of approval."

In other words: It's fucking douchey, bros.

Cheeseball mod makers take note: Quit vaping your Axe body spray and have some class.

guyfieri_web.jpg
I agree totally with your assessment, and I'm laughing my ass off right now! Hahahaha

InMyImage

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
People buying those are buying the craftsmanship, not a simple device.

Have to respect the amount of time, effort, and creativity that go into his pieces.

MrScaryZ

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I take it you've never seen Otto Carver's work.
I have seen it Its just so expensive that Its crazy though its cool engraving has become a lost art almost only so many people do it and they charge big bucks many will pay it I have seen guns with very intricate engraving go for 10000+ sometimes higher if its older

2c5000

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
yes my apologies for saying "26mm mod" earlier. i meant 26mm cell form factor mods. anyway, i looked at some at some local places and wow... i just cannot see carrying one of those around. it may get some attention from the ladies, but damn its like a red bull can. ill stick with my 18mm form factor mods thank you.

im looking for a short 18650 mod... that has a locking ring... and is nice and sleek w/out any logos. the 4nine is so damn close, but i do not like the lack of locking ring.

also been thinking about having said mod cerakoted. ok rambling now... sorry

Ya' know... my response yesterday was reflective of a - quizzical, WTF??? - idea of a 26mm OD, tube mod. I assumed you'd made a typo and meant a 26650 battery. Then I remembered that there are one or two "thick wall" 18XXX clone mods... well, at least one.
The Cartel is 25mm. I can't find anything that's 26mm on the nose... but hey, 25mm is close.
biggrin.gif

yep i mean 26650. ;)

MKPM

AMG
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Same reason why women wear makeup and American cars have ground effects. Pointless marketing gimmickry.

Vapecloud

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

FAH300A302S.jpg

That's why I bought the Silver Bullet. Built like a tank and solid black. I have a white one also.

BunnyKiller

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
yes my apologies for saying "26mm mod" earlier. i meant 26mm cell form factor mods. anyway, i looked at some at some local places and wow... i just cannot see carrying one of those around. it may get some attention from the ladies, but damn its like a red bull can. ill stick with my 18mm form factor mods thank you.

im looking for a short 18650 mod... that has a locking ring... and is nice and sleek w/out any logos. the 4nine is so damn close, but i do not like the lack of locking ring.

also been thinking about having said mod cerakoted. ok rambling now... sorry

yep i mean 26650. ;)

might want to look into the OverDose by MCV clones on Fasttech. recessed button, lock ring, copper, fairly short (3.825") without atty and minimal exterior "stuff"

VU Sponsors