Become a Patron!

Why Do Some People Hate Vaping Without Cause?

Cacuqecig

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Why Do Some People Hate Vaping Without Cause?

20170908030711_57293.jpg

I guess many people cannot help but wonder, why are E-cigarettes which help people quit smoking and thus improve the health of the tens of thousands restricted and the real culprit responsible for hundreds of thousands of cancer and death every year---cigarettes, left at large? Yes there is the Big Tobacco, the conflict of interests, unrestricted corporate power...you name it, but those are the surface water, and what appears to be causes are often not the real origin of causality. In order to find the root source of the irrational prejudice against vaping entertained by many people, we must search further and probe deeper, and we must shift our attention on our very selves instead of blaming the outside world. In many cases, the nature of men proves to be the source of their misery and their inner weakness, of their suffering. For it is ordinary men who hold prejudice and carry out persecutions, while corporate power and influence only act as a catalyst, enough amount of which would ignite the dry wood of malice and unleash the long suppressed fury.

20170908030742_61307.jpg

In the case of E-cigarettes and vaping, even though it was the many maliciously but subtly engineered researches which intended to misguide the public that kindled the fearing and attacking hearts of the population, we would fall into the trap of excusing ourselves if we fail to observe that fear and animosity have to exist in their hearts previous to any provocation. Even though it is the big interest groups which mustered their influence and mobilized their power to the destruction of E-cigarettes, we would indeed remain ignorant if we do not suspect that their evil tricks work exactly because the minds of the public are weak and the intelligence of a crowd is but unworthy and ignoble.

20170908030814_74757.jpg

In Ayn Rand's illustrious work The Fountainhead, crowds, the public, the world, is described as a seething mass with no intelligence or purpose, easily led and manipulated by the few who are in control. The author stated that the world is force with no name and no face, and therefore cannot be fought, but has to be withstood, otherwise its brainless might would devour everything that is different and everyone who speaks or thinks otherwise.

20170908030847_70935.jpg

In another masterpiece of Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, there is an interesting conversation between Miss Taggart, Vice President in charge of operations for Taggart Transcontinental, and Dr. Stadler, a professor working at the State Science Institute.

20170908030906_34014.jpg

"What is morality?" she asked.
"Judgment to distinguish right and wrong, vision to see the truth, courage to act upon it, dedication to that which is good, integrity to stand by the good at any price. But where does one find it?"
"Dr. Stadler," she asked slowly, "you know the truth, yet you will not state it publicly?"
"Miss Taggart, you are using an abstract term, when we are dealing with a matter of practical
reality."
"We are dealing with a matter of science."
"Science? Aren't you confusing the standards involved? It is only in the realm of pure science that
truth is an absolute criterion. When we deal with applied science, with technology-we deal with people.
And when we deal with people, considerations other than truth enter the question."
"What considerations?"
"I am not a technologist, Miss Taggart. I have no talent or taste for dealing with people. I cannot
become involved in so-called practical matters."
"That statement was issued in your name."
"I had nothing to do with it!"
"The name of this Institute is your responsibility."
"That's a perfectly unwarranted assumption."
"People think that the honor of your name is the guarantee behind any action of this Institute."
"I can't help what people think-if they think at all!"
"They accepted your statement. It was a lie."
"How can one deal in truth when one deals with the public?"
"I don't understand you," she said very quietly.
"Questions of truth do not enter into social issues. No principles have ever had any effect on
society."
"What, then, directs men's actions?"
He shrugged. "The expediency of the moment."

From this conversation it is more than obvious that Ayn Rand's evaluation of the public is that they are unreasonable, irrational, and head-full of prejudices and wrong ideas. Yet the people are fervent, powerful, and resolute to carry out the abolishment and destruction of whatever is on their way. When guided by a master hand, the people is almost an almighty weapon.

20170908030950_37359.jpg

Those who meant ill to the E-cigarette industry appointed certain so called scientists and science institutions to research into the evil of E-cigarette and the adverse effect vaping has on health. The scientists are not wayward enough to produce false studies and outright lies, instead they obscure the truth by applying ambiguous statements and uncertain conclusions regarding the harmfulness of E-cigarettes. They knew they've got the public with these little twists and covert distortions. The people will believe everything that comes from authoritative sources regardless of how lack of proof or counter-intuitive an allegation might be, and they will remain silent and senseless towards the apparent evil so long as the authority makes no mention of it.

20170908031011_71486.jpg

Ask those who bear ill-will towards vaping; ask them in what area have E-cigarettes detrimentally affected their lives, or ask them to justify their disapproval of vaping; I think you will know what I mean throughout the article when you hear them stammer incoherently or speak nonsense. Of course, we should not seek the approval of everyone, neither will we obtain it no matter how hard we try. However, through patient and effective education we might, at the end of the day, be able to alleviate some of the enmity and prejudice people hold against vaping, the achievement of which will render us content.

Similar articles:

Vapers' Worst Enemies: What should you know about them? (Part 1)
https://www.cacuqecig.com/en/forum/...hat-should-you-know-about-them--(part-2).html
Vapers' Worst Enemies: What should you know about them? (Part 2)

Tags: Vaping, E-cigarette

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
People hate it simply because they don't want to do it and it somehow offends them when somebody doesn't share their opinion.

Same as with nearly everything else that people hate.
They would rather bitch and moan instead of ignoring it and getting on with their lives.

skiball

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Alot of the people that hate vape are smokers. It's just misdirected self loathing. The rest are just misinformed or plain old self righteous bigots imo.

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Or, they are the ANTZ who truly, deeply, and passionately WANT smokers to suffer, whether it be in quitting, or in standing out back by the reeking dumpster. Smokers are a convenient target of mindless hate and bigotry, feelings which have been fomented by every anti-smoking commercial, PSA, and pamphlet put out by the ALA, the ACS, and all their evil, venal, ilk. Those orgs like to pretend they are charitable, when in fact they are nothing but paid mouthpieces of BP -- they advance the interests of BP while pretending to virtue.

It's also very easy for those who've already quit the "old-fashioned way," i.e., cold turkey, to feel some strange combination of superiority and jealousy -- those who quit via vaping have done it too easily for it to be "real," we just haven't suffered as they did, and they just aren't going to stand for it! And lord knows, the worst anything is an EX-anything, and ex-smokers are some of the worst -- even a lot of us, when we smell cigarette smoke, make faces and fan the air, like any self-respecting ANTZ, conveniently forgetting how WE stunk up the air during our own bondage to smoking.

Andria

Teresa P

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Because we didn't quit the way they wanted us to quit. And it still "looks like" we're smoking, so we must be smoking. And if it looks the same, then it must be the same. I had a man ask me with attitude, "Why didn't you just quit?" I said "Why don't you just stop taking your heart medication or your blood pressure meds?"
I've said it before and I'll say it again - if I wanted an abortion, there would be a gazillion advocates rallying "My body, my choice." But when it comes to something like vaping, my body is not my own anymore and I'm all wrong. But they can stick their opinions and comments where the sun don't shine, I'm doin' it, I feel better, and that's that.

TxThumper

Bronze Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the government hates vaping because of money. big tobacco has kept their pockets full for years.
not to mention big medicine. think of how many billions have been spent to treat smoking related diseases.
in the end it doesn't matter if you're vaping, smoking, dipping, or chewing. as long as you aren't hurting anyone else, or infringing on anyone's rights, the government shouldn't be allowed to stop you.

Carambrda

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
It's all part of the giant conspiracy against vaping. The more harm done to the vaping industry, the smaller it will become, and, the smaller it is, the easier/cheaper it will be to start monopolizing it turning it into a cash cow the owners of which will be the exact same people who are currently fueling the hate against vaping so, after the whole industry will be theirs alone to control, that's when they'll suddenly stop fueling all the hate and start promoting vaping for money.

Cacuqecig

VU Vendor
VU Vendor
Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the government hates vaping because of money. big tobacco has kept their pockets full for years.
not to mention big medicine. think of how many billions have been spent to treat smoking related diseases.
in the end it doesn't matter if you're vaping, smoking, dipping, or chewing. as long as you aren't hurting anyone else, or infringing on anyone's rights, the government shouldn't be allowed to stop you.

That's true

VU Sponsors