Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Pinky was trimmed here but the thumb shows a clear sign of the fungus
TTIyE0n.jpg

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
It's obvious most here an agenda against ECF, and to be honest so do I having been banned for telling asswife she was being obnoxious. Well she was, clearly. But it got me an infraction and 3 day ban. It is exceedingly rare that I ever post over there and it's only if I have something to say that would help out a fellow vaper. It's been 10 total posts since I joined here as soon as VU opened.

But there is another side I have to be realistic about. This is not a good site for beginning vapers, ECF is much better for that. Has anyone looked at the activity level of the beginner section here compared to ECF? The beginner section there is the most populous area of ECF (and always has been) and the members there do a great job supporting people just starting out. It has nothing to do with the asinine policies of ECF which are impossible to comprehend. It has to do with the amount of really good information available for the noob vapers by the forum members at ECF that is sadly lacking here.

Don't get me wrong, VU is my forum of choice and I love the freedom of expression here and most of the folks that post here. But VU really needs to step up the noobie game to become the mainstay of vaping information. Just attracting the disenfranchised is not enough to make this the choice for all vapers and realize the dream of the best forum for vaping. And yes I do realize that ECF requires 5 posts in the noob section before being let out in the wild. But that alone doesn't explain the insane amount of activity in the new vapers section of ECF. There really are that many new vapers that are in need of help to get them started.

Maybe we should all make a real effort to make the beginners section of VU as good a resource as ECF's beginner section.

So ignore this post, go about your business, but at least give a thought to how we can serve the new vaper a little better and at the same time help VU become the powerhouse forum it has the potential to be.

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You know what's funny/fucked up?..ECF has more rules then AOL and AOL had a shit load...if anyone remembers that

Heh, yeah. used a lot of their free dialup time via CD...their trial-expiration checker was lame.

My first actual e-mail was sent using a stolen Compuserve addy used via a BBS doorway.... ;-)

Remember The Well or FIDONET? How about Archie and Veronica?

Gopherspace still lives....

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Heh, yeah. used a lot of their free dialup time via CD...their trial-expiration checker was lame.

My first actual e-mail was sent using a stolen Compuserve addy used via a BBS doorway.... ;-)

Remember The Well or FIDONET? How about Archie and Veronica?

Gopherspace still lives....
Wow haven't heard them names in a long time...I got caught hacking on a MSN server the one that only gave out server numbers so you can hook up to in your area when you punch in your area code...it was like cable just me on a whole server by myself...they found me when they were scanning window based servers when the code red virus was on the loose...I just played dumb and said I don't know it must of been your software:rolleyes:

CaFF

Platinum Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Wow haven't heard them names in a long time...I got caught hacking on a MSN server the one that only gave out server numbers so you can hook up to in your area when you punch in your area code...it was like cable just me on a whole server by myself...they found me when they were scanning window based servers when the code red virus was on the loose...I just played dumb and said I don't know it must of been your software:rolleyes:

LOL!
When I first got a Hotmail addy, it was a private company - before MS powned 'em.

Kinda like HEAT.NET where I played Q2..it turned into shit too. MSN can byte me.

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
LOL!
When I first got a Hotmail addy, it was a private company - before MS powned 'em.

Kinda like HEAT.NET where I played Q2..it turned into shit too. MSN can byte me.
Yeah... things were better before big biz took over...I really miss the days of napster...I was one of the people who got a cease and desist letter from Metallica's lawyers...I only had one song and I don't even like them...I had to sign the e-letter at sign in that I promised not to share their music...God the shit I use to get up to;)

Last edited:

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Drone I see quite a bit of noob help on VU, I run into it under different categories or subs that are not under the noob section. The new users section exist but doesn't seem to be used by noobs. When I run into a new user question, there are a plethora of good answers and sound advice. I think a lot of VU members migrated from @VaporJoes BLOG, and the others where experienced users that had become disillusioned with ECF.This might account for the lack of noobies on VU. Not to sound elistist, but I believe many VU members are more intelligent than most APV Forums. When I first got into vaping, I scoured YouTube videos for answers to my questions, it never crossed my mind to ask ECP members for advice. But that might just be me.

Last edited:

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
@Drone I agree with you, but I don't see a viable solution to the problem. Since a newbie section exists, I don't see how VU could bring in more newbies to utilize the section. If it's a matter of a Google search, then maybe VU needs to put money into promoting their newbie section. I am by no means a marketing wizard, I believe that bringing new Vapers through VU to learn the basics will establish the site above and beyond ECF, I am wholeheartedly down with that

Drone

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
@Drone I agree with you, but I don't see a viable solution to the problem. Since a newbie section exists, I don't see how VU could bring in more newbies to utilize the section. If it's a matter of a Google search, then maybe VU needs to put money into promoting their newbie section. I am by no means a marketing wizard, I believe that bringing new Vapers through VU to learn the basics will establish the site above and beyond ECF, I am wholeheartedly down with that

Just thinking out loud here, and I've had 3 beers tonight watching Mod Envy so there's that, but I'm thinking Joe could do it in a way that he's done everything to make himself successful and just pimp noob giveaways. Seriously, why not have giveaways for posts in a noob section for folks under x amount of posts. Or pimp coupons for new members only. Maybe giveaways for the older members with the most posts helping noobs. Sounds crazy, but so did VaporJoes when he started it.

I know there are enough smart people on this board to bring up ideas to make this happen. And it would benefit VU, the noobs, existing members, and maybe take asswife down a notch or two if VU surged in membership. I certainly don't have the answer, but I bet there could be some great ideas by the members here. And your idea of better SEO is absolutely correct. The new vapers need to see VU to join VU. I know when I started vaping Google was what led me to ECF and started me down the vaping trail as I'm sure it did for many.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Great ideas! PM Joe as well as the other Mods, I am sure they would be down with your ideas. I need to brainstorm myself, but I need some sleep

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
i have no ideas. vapid.

dmska

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know it's not popular thing to say, but ecf does have a lot of useful info. They are very uptight no doubt, but considering how that forum has thrived for years, while others have failed, they are doing some things right. I'd like to see this forum get that kind of following with as much useful info, while still being able to cater to open-minded adults.

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
LOL!

Played Q2 through Kali.. still have the Lifetime license..

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I don't believe this forum feels it needs to compete with ECF , with that said, we have over 11K members and growing, we have TONS of info for new members and old alike.We don't Nazi the crap out of our members and are doing just fine, pull up a chair and enjoy the freedom we provide that they cannot give their members:):)

Midniteoyl

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The only reason the ECF noob section has so many posts is the requirement for noobs to post only there 5x... Here, they can go directly to the relevant section.

jovial_evil

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I don't believe this forum feels it needs to compete with ECF , with that said, we have over 11K members and growing, we have TONS of info for new members and old alike.We don't Nazi the crap out of our members and are doing just fine, pull up a chair and enjoy the freedom we provide that they cannot give their members:):)
Agree. I think for the most part, the members here and find this place are more mature and don't need to be censored.
That's why I found this place, joined. Have rarely seen a more helpful forum then this one on any subject.

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Agree. I think for the most part, the members here and find this place are more mature and don't need to be censored.
That's why I found this place, joined. Have rarely seen a more helpful forum then this one on any subject.
Agree. Agree. I just found out that my acct. on ECF has been deactivated. I use the same UN/PW for all vaping forums where I am a member.I haven't been to ECF's forum since I started this thread. I tried to log in, was unable to do so. I thought I must have changed my PW, so I clicked the " Forgot Password" hyperlink. I was prompted to enter my email address, the only email I use for anything that is vaping related, the address is 4 years old. I was meet with " the email address entered is not reflected in our database." This is not verbatim, but close. They have wiped me off their site as if I was never a member. I could really care less, it actually excites me. It only shows how frightened they are of real competition. They have spruced up their site I noticed, but a piece of shit in a Burberry suit s still just a piece of shit.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Agree. Agree. I just found out that my acct. on ECF has been deactivated. I use the same UN/PW for all vaping forums where I am a member.I haven't been to ECF's forum since I started this thread. I tried to log in, was unable to do so. I thought I must have changed my PW, so I clicked the " Forgot Password" hyperlink. I was prompted to enter my email address, the only email I use for anything that is vaping related, the address is 4 years old. I was meet with " the email address entered is not reflected in our database." This is not verbatim, but close. They have wiped me off their site as if I was never a member. I could really care less, it actually excites me. It only shows how frightened they are of real competition. They have spruced up their site I noticed, but a piece of shit in a Burberry suit s still just a piece of shit.
Sounds like they threw the gauntlet down on you for this thread no doubt
I think I'll just wave hello to them now
mooning-lawn-gnome_zps0351f5b0.jpg

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years

^this.....plus....

11,000 members in 6 months isn't anything to scoff at. that is an incredible growth rate. as for ECF, a lot of people NEED structure and constant supervision, so it's well suited for them. as for myself and like-minded people, we resent being constantly moderated and having every post examined for possible infractions.

this forum has proven that self-policing works pretty well. i am here a lot, and i have seen very few instances where moderation was needed. i think when free thinking people are unduly controlled, it only encourages them to "act out" and challenge authority. therefore, it can create more problems than it prevents. as proof, look how many people are banned, suspended or given infractions over there as opposed to here. :)

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I know it's not popular thing to say, but ecf does have a lot of useful info. They are very uptight no doubt, but considering how that forum has thrived for years, while others have failed, they are doing some things right. I'd like to see this forum get that kind of following with as much useful info, while still being able to cater to open-minded adults.
Google is there friend right now that's why they have so many new members

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
^this.....plus....

11,000 members in 6 months isn't anything to scoff at. that is an incredible growth rate. as for ECF, a lot of people NEED structure and constant supervision, so it's well suited for them. as for myself and like-minded people, we resent being constantly moderated and having every post examined for possible infractions.

this forum has proven that self-policing works pretty well. i am here a lot, and i have seen very few instances where moderation was needed. i think when free thinking people are unduly controlled, it only encourages them to "act out" and challenge authority. therefore, it can create more problems than it prevents. as proof, look how many people are banned, suspended or given infractions over there as opposed to here. :)
I'm 48 and they were treating me like I was the ages between 4 and 8

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
It's obvious most here an agenda against ECF, and to be honest so do I having been banned for telling asswife she was being obnoxious. Well she was, clearly. But it got me an infraction and 3 day ban. It is exceedingly rare that I ever post over there and it's only if I have something to say that would help out a fellow vaper. It's been 10 total posts since I joined here as soon as VU opened.

But there is another side I have to be realistic about. This is not a good site for beginning vapers, ECF is much better for that. Has anyone looked at the activity level of the beginner section here compared to ECF? The beginner section there is the most populous area of ECF (and always has been) and the members there do a great job supporting people just starting out. It has nothing to do with the asinine policies of ECF which are impossible to comprehend. It has to do with the amount of really good information available for the noob vapers by the forum members at ECF that is sadly lacking here.

Don't get me wrong, VU is my forum of choice and I love the freedom of expression here and most of the folks that post here. But VU really needs to step up the noobie game to become the mainstay of vaping information. Just attracting the disenfranchised is not enough to make this the choice for all vapers and realize the dream of the best forum for vaping. And yes I do realize that ECF requires 5 posts in the noob section before being let out in the wild. But that alone doesn't explain the insane amount of activity in the new vapers section of ECF. There really are that many new vapers that are in need of help to get them started.

Maybe we should all make a real effort to make the beginners section of VU as good a resource as ECF's beginner section.

So ignore this post, go about your business, but at least give a thought to how we can serve the new vaper a little better and at the same time help VU become the powerhouse forum it has the potential to be.

While I do indeed see and understand your point of view.

Respectfully I beg to differ on some points.

When I was a newly hatched vapor and ECF showed up first on my radar while I was seeking to learn.

I joined.

Near as I could figure, I asked my newbie questions in the right threads.

8 out of 10 times I was called on the carpet for not reading post 375 out of 687 where I could find the answer to my question..

Dumbass!

AKA you are too fucking stupid to vape since you can't figure out anything here...............Dumbass Newbie!

Granted that is what I read between the lines

And the worse ones were in the form of PMs

And my personal list goes on and on.

As a far as our beloved newbies here are concerned, personally I do my level best to help them find their own "Vaping Bliss" and within their budget.

Some publicly and some behind the scenes with PMs.

And I have seen others do the same.

Rant over now.

kelli

Vapid Vapetress
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
While I do indeed see and understand your point of view.

Respectfully I beg to differ on some points.

When I was a newly hatched vapor and ECF showed up first on my radar while I was seeking to learn.

I joined.

Near as I could figure, I asked my newbie questions in the right threads.

8 out of 10 times I was called on the carpet for not reading post 375 out of 687 where I could find the answer to my question..

Dumbass!

AKA you are too fucking stupid to vape since you can't figure out anything here...............Dumbass Newbie!

Granted that is what I read between the lines

And the worse ones were in the form of PMs

And my personal list goes on and on.

As a far as our beloved newbies here are concerned, personally I do my level best to help them find their own "Vaping Bliss" and within their budget.

Some publicly and some behind the scenes with PMs.

And I have seen others do the same.

Rant over now.

yeah....and boogers too!

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
yeah....and boogers too!

And just to make myself perfectly clear.

ECF does not deserve even my smallest BOOGER!

baltoace

Member For 5 Years
I still go over too ECF only because some of the people that truly kept me off the cigarettes are still there. When i first joined i had a TON of questions on mods tanks wtf is a RBA or a RDA etc etc. I would say a good 90% of these questions were answered with the same three words. "Get A Provari"

Amir_Wazir

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I still go over too ECF only because some of the people that truly kept me off the cigarettes are still there. When i first joined i had a TON of questions on mods tanks wtf is a RBA or a RDA etc etc. I would say a good 90% of these questions were answered with the same three words. "Get A Provari"

I still don't get it WRT the Provari. Am I missing something or is it all just hype?

I'm sure it's a good PV, but I don't understand why so many people think it's the holy grail ( especially for that price ).

No Ash More Cash

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I still don't get it WRT the Provari. Am I missing something or is it all just hype?

I'm sure it's a good PV, but I don't understand why so many people think it's the holy grail ( especially for that price ).
I see it like Apple and Android You have the people that only use Apple products and then you have the People who use Android...Only difference is you have more choice's with Android at lower prices

Uber300

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I say fuck ECF, that's what I say,yep

VU Sponsors