Become a Patron!

Why is lemon juice harsh...any way to dailut

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I love this pink lemonade but it has a throat hit from hell.its the same nic I normally vape so I'm pretty sure its not the nic cousing it.does any one know how to get the harshness out or how to tone it down a little bit.
cba85fd8e2b8e7694e68c0685fc2de97.jpg

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Might just be me but isn't pink lemonade pink. You need an alkali to counter act the acid not sure what you would use though that's safe to vape sure someone will know though.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Yea It should be pink but...its not...I vape a lot of blueberry flavors and only a few like two or three have been blue in color.I'm out of ideas on the pink lemonade. I would rather not use water.I have tried that before and it didn't turn out to good.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I do diy juice myself and to give juice that acidic twang I use citric acid powder mixed with water and just add one drop so maybe they do something opposite to that in chemists you could buy try Google and see what that comes up with. To be fair I'm curious now. I'm going to google it and have a look.

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Add a bit of sweetner to it from a diy place I use flavour art.what do you use it in ie dripper or a tank I bet if you used a plastic tank it would crack and as to is it safe to vape. Iv always wondered if it cracks tanks what does it do to your body.

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Dripper. And I wonder what it does to.if it cracks plastic....whats in it.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Add VG?? Yeah, it'd bring the flavor and nic down a bit, but I'm curious if it would smooth it out for you?

richardward77

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Got to get some VG and the guy that makes it mixes 80/20
Do you live in America as I live in England and get my vg from a chemist called boots really cheap 1.39 and it's pharmaceutical grade the vape shop I use get it from there too and decant it into there own bottles and sell it for 7.99

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
No worries. Wait... isn't there something called "smooth"? I think by TFA.

Also, I think there's another by FA called MTS. I've never used either but I wonder if those would help. at 80vg, I doubt more vg would help.

Huckleberried

VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Yeah, that's what I'm thinkin', too. If the PG was the higher %, maybe. Bummer. Sorry I'm no help.

Budds

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
No worries. Wait... isn't there something called "smooth"? I think by TFA.

Also, I think there's another by FA called MTS. I've never used either but I wonder if those would help. at 80vg, I doubt more vg would help.

Yes.....
Either should work, and in my experience do not change the flavor profile drastically.
Smooth would be my 1st choice, altho I do use both from time to time.
Do note that the taste WILL change !...... maybe not enuff to make you hate it, but I always notice a difference .
In "Rounding off the edges" some subtle notes you recognize now may be gone.

They are not magic..... but can help in some situations.
Just MHO.........

zaroba

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Lemon is harsh because it's a citric flavor. Citrus is sour due to the high content of citric acid (Vitamin B) it contains.
As a result, all citric based flavors have a certain amount of harshness to them depending on the flavor.
Only real solution is tons of sweetener to counteract the sour.

The citric Acid is also why it's bad for plastic tanks.
It reacts with the plastic causing it to weaken resulting in clouding or cracking.

wllmc

VU Donator
Gold Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Challenge Sponsor
VU Challenge Team
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
If you have any EM throw a drop or 2 in 10mls and let it sit a day.

sketchness

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Before doing anything I would try diluting a small amount with vg. Just diluting it 1ml plain vg 4mls juice could do the trick

RodThaVapenRat

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
I rebuilt the coils and its a little better and added some VG and its smooth but it taste off but vapable thanks for everyone's help

VU Sponsors