Become a Patron!

Why is my Efusion duo draining my batteries while in lock mode ?

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I just got my Efusion duo. Used it yesterday for first time . When I press the fire button 5 times within 7 seconds it locks the device . I did this then let the device alone for 30 minutes to an hour or so and when I'd press the fire button 5 times within 7 seconds , the device would unlock and show the batteries are drained. I'd fire it a few times and they are really drained. I've updated the latest firmware , uploaded the 2 cell settings for running it with dual 18650's , and I don't understand why this is happening? Im currently doing one more test right now to see if it's the same results? Just put in 2 fully charged 18650's and placed it in lock mode , without an atty on it, set a timer for 30 minutes , and will check it when 30 minutes is up , device sitting idle all the while in lock mode. This is my first DNA device. Am I missing something ? Can someone help , please ? Do I have a defective mod or chip ? I figured lock mode would save battery life , not drain them ?

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Don't know what causes it exactly, but yes, it's a defect; it's sucking too much "ambient current". I had to trash one of my iStick 30w's for doing that, since the battery on that is built in; it was sucking current and getting completely drained *while turned off!*

Since it's brand new, you might be able to return it, either for repairs or replacement.

Andria

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Thanks for the advice. I just bought it , recieved it 2 days ago . $160 . So I am thinking a full refund, store credit , exchange for another brand new one , or I find the solution so thst it works properly .

siebert.brian

VU Donator
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
The Evolv DNA chip is supposed to be the best chipset for regulated mods, so I am hoping it is something I can find the solution to.

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Thanks for the advice. I just bought it , recieved it 2 days ago . $160 . So I am thinking a full refund, store credit , exchange for another brand new one , or I find the solution so thst it works properly .
Don't blame you one bit, I'd be doing the same

AndriaD

Yes, I DO wear a mask! I'm vaccinated, too!
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years

You should contact the vendor ASAP; they usually have a very short window in which to give credit or replacement.

Andria

VU Sponsors