Become a Patron!

Why only max VG

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Seeing more and more of new juice companies only doing higher VG mixes only, I just don't get why they are limiting themselves to only the max VG users.

I know more people are using higher VG juices for bigger clouds etc, but not everyone is a cloud chaser and some people don't like higher VG mixes.

I've vaped for over 2 years and use 50/50 mainly, I am a tank user mostly now a days, so not going to bother with juice that is more than 70%VG.

So anyone explain why these newer juice companies are only offering high VG ratio, not like it is hard to do more than 1 ratio of VG/PG.

Countrypami

The Link Ninja
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Vendor Employee
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
ECF Refugee
VU Live Host
Member For 5 Years
Reddit Exile
VU Patreon
I'm actually one that has a sensitivity to high VG... it closes up my chest. I cannot vape anything higher than 50VG.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I'm actually one that has a sensitivity to high VG... it closes up my chest. I cannot vape anything higher than 50VG.

That is the same thing for me, hard to explain, but makes my chest feel really heavy.

I'm not bothered if they want to only do max VG, I just don't get why, as limiting their customer base.

Was told this week 80%VG would work fine in my wife's clearo, I am not a noob, that is bullshit, that is too much VG to wick fine in a normal clearo.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
Some folks do have sensitivities to PG.

But IMHO, most of this craze for high or MAX VG is due to the cloud chasing craze.

I have gotten to the point where TH is not as important as a nice, warm flavorful vape so I am now at 40/60 PG/VG at 6mg of nic.

And in public, I can still stealth vape with the best of them:D

HeadInClouds

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Vape Media
Unlisted Vendor
It's an easy way to get sweeter vapes, with none of the weird aftertastes that sweeteners give (some) people.
Personally I use max-VG because PG gives me tinnitus.

UncleRJ

Will write reviews for Beer!
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Reviewer
That is the same thing for me, hard to explain, but makes my chest feel really heavy.

I'm not bothered if they want to only do max VG, I just don't get why, as limiting their customer base.

Was told this week 80%VG would work fine in my wife's clearo, I am not a noob, that is bullshit, that is too much VG to wick fine in a normal clearo.

Good point! Max VG will not work in ALL toppers. It seems to me that the majority of folks that use max VG use RDAs. And the folks that use it with their RBAs/RTAs know how to slighly modify or adjust their gear so the stuff works.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
you can thin juice down max VG with a few drops of distilled water or just get a bottle of PG and add a bit of course that's going to cut the nic and the flavoring so if you plan on doing that then order the juice with extra flavor and a tad bit higher nic, most juice vendors will let you do that. I too vaped 50/50 for a long time ( like 4 years )myself but I like the menthol vapes so when The sub ohm crazy began, I liked it because it forced me to lower my nicotine. it was also easy for me to switch my DIY juice to vg only because the menthol gives me the throat hit. You actually CAN run 80% vg in most tanks but they need modified a bit. You need to pull out a few strands of wick if its a bottom feeder. I run 80% VG in my protank, I just take the top layer of silica off, known as the flavor wick. You can do it with most other coils by just removing some of the wick material, that way the thicker juice will feed easier, be carefull tho, too much and it will leak. Most of the sub tanks that are coming out now like the lemo V2, the atlantis, The Atlantis V2, the arctic, the Starre, the kanger Sub tank, et cetera so on and so forth are geared towards high VG users.

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
you can thin juice down max VG with a few drops of distilled water or just get a bottle of PG and add a bit of course that's going to cut the nic and the flavoring so if you plan on doing that then order the juice with extra flavor and a tad bit higher nic, most juice vendors will let you do that. I too vaped 50/50 for a long time ( like 4 years )myself but I like the menthol vapes so when The sub ohm crazy began, I liked it because it forced me to lower my nicotine. it was also easy for me to switch my DIY juice to vg only because the menthol gives me the throat hit. You actually CAN run 80% vg in most tanks but they need modified a bit. You need to pull out a few strands of wick if its a bottom feeder. I run 80% VG in my protank, I just take the top layer of silica off, known as the flavor wick. You can do it with most other coils by just removing some of the wick material, that way the thicker juice will feed easier, be carefull tho, too much and it will leak. Most of the sub tanks that are coming out now like the lemo V2, the atlantis, The Atlantis V2, the arctic, the Starre, the kanger Sub tank, et cetera so on and so forth are geared towards high VG users.

If I am going to buy a juice, sure don't expect to have to add things to it to make it right, I have done DIY, so know it isn't hard to do different ratios, and that was what I was getting at on this thread, I will just close a site that only offers max VG and go somewhere else.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
I personally think vendors should offer what ever ratio the customer wants like Nixteria by juicy vapor. All of the shops around here offer what ever ratio you want of their house e liquid but Space jam and cosmic fog, Namber and all that stuff is specifically catered to drippers and "Cloud Chasers"

Nailz

FUCK the FDA
VU Donator
Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Or at least do something like some companies, where they do a standard line and a dripper line, I know refuge juice does that, then you cover both groups :)

But yes being able to select the ratio is the most popular though.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that it is a sign of where vaping is right now......most people now are just interested in blowing huge clouds...drippers are easier to build,and alot of the new vapers are not ex smokers to they aren't lookiing for a vape that's like smoking. cloud chasing has become the norm and high vg gives those big clouds.......how many drippers you know make builds that are 1 ohms...There was a thread here that took a poll on what people vaped....only 7% vaped a genisis atomizer,(3 years ago it was maybe 35%.).. almost everybody else were vaping attys that vaped sub ohm tanks or drippers so stuff that was like .5 down to ridiculous...you vape that low for clouds not flavor, also to blow those big clouds you need high VG to smooth out the throat hit from that much juice and that much PG.
When vaping first started out where people were vaping 1.5 2,2.5 ohm coils with 3.7 to 5 volts, the juice was like 70gp30vg....then as people started getting into rbas and lowering thier builds and playing with sub-ohming the standard juice became 50/50...and now that anybody that knows nothing about vaping can vape .5 coils and drippers routinely build coils .2 down lower, or with regulated devices that pump up to 150 watts.... the juice is dropping down to 20vg/80pg or even higher vg.

Last edited:

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
The thing that urks me is when people tell me they are vaping 100% VG. OK, unless your vaping straight PG with no nicotine or flavoring your NOT vaping 100% VG e liquid. Most extracts ( strawberry for example is a 10% or more mix and no extract is VG base, its either PG or water sol base so right there not including the Nicotine tells you that your juice is 90% VG at best. This is why most heavy VG juice makers will put "Max VG" on their bottles to let people know this juice is for dripping or tanks like the lemo 2, The starre Freemax, The Atlantis & Atlantis 2, et cetera that can handle high vg content e liquid.

/end rant. lol

I think I am using 60/40 - and there is plenty cloud for me- but I have been in the vape store parties and I see the difference! does anyone know what the value of "supercritical" nicotine is? it's being talked up locally as really clean, smooth and approaching organic. some producers here are treating it like a big secret...is it a secret??

Last edited:

Whiskey

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I think that it is a sign of where vaping is right now......most people now are just interested in blowing huge clouds...drippers are easier to build,and alot of the new vapers are not ex smokers to they aren't lookiing for a vape that's like smoking. cloud chasing has become the norm and high vg gives those big clouds.......how many drippers you know make builds that are 1 ohms...There was a thread here that took a poll on what people vaped....only 7% vaped a genisis atomizer,(3 years ago it was maybe 35%.).. almost everybody else were vaping attys that vaped sub ohm tanks or drippers so stuff that was like .5 down to ridiculous...you vape that low for clouds not flavor, also to blow those big clouds you need high VG to smooth out the throat hit from that much juice and that much PG.
When vaping first started out where people were vaping 1.5 2,2.5 ohm coils with 3.7 to 5 volts, the juice was like 70gp30vg....then as people started getting into rbas and lowering thier builds and playing with sub-ohming the standard juice became 50/50...and now that anybody that knows nothing about vaping can vape .5 coils and drippers routinely build coils .2 down lower, or with regulated devices that pump up to 150 watts.... the juice is dropping down to 20vg/80pg or even higher vg.
This^^^^

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
The thing that urks me is when people tell me they are vaping 100% VG. OK, unless your vaping straight PG with no nicotine or flavoring your NOT vaping 100% VG e liquid. Most extracts ( strawberry for example is a 10% or more mix and no extract is VG base, its either PG or water sol base so right there not including the Nicotine tells you that your juice is 90% VG at best. This is why most heavy VG juice makers will put "Max VG" on their bottles to let people know this juice is for dripping or tanks like the lemo 2, The starre Freemax, The Atlantis & Atlantis 2, et cetera that can handle high vg content e liquid.

/end rant. lol
So the VG nic and VG flavorings are not vg?

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
So the VG nic and VG flavorings are not vg?

No, most flavorings are PG or water sol based. You can get Nicotine that is VG based but PG based Nicotine is more prevalent.

BigNasty

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
No, most flavorings are PG or water sol based. You can get Nicotine that is VG based but PG based Nicotine is more prevalent.
Pretty sure my half gallon of vg based nic and my grip of vg flavorings would argue that point with you.

Count Vapula

Member For 4 Years
PG is a far better solvent, and if you do not use excessive flavour %s and high mg PG base nic (100mg+) your VG will be ~75-82% by default

It blends way better too. Pure VG isn't all that great. Hard to get any flavour too, although it is sweet w/o crappy sucralose, which is a bonus for most of us (thx for pointing that out HIC)

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Yeah but alot of us are allergic to or sensitive to PG....also it's alot harsher when your taking huge ling hits...kicks your throat....there is a new base liquid that 5 pawns is going to introduce that supposedly will carry flavor almost as well as PG,but won't cause the allergic reaction some people have with PG.....I hope it works.

Tim Vatic

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
Pretty sure my half gallon of vg based nic and my grip of vg flavorings would argue that point with you.

Did ya notice that I said "most"? :D Pg is a much better flavor carrier than VG and for me and mine 80% Vg jooze is just fine.

whitepony1986

Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Member For 5 Years
eh i have used max vg juice basiclay since i discovered bobas bounty 4 years ago now i find pg delivers too hard of a throat hit even at 2mg nicotine

VU Sponsors