Become a Patron!

Wicking an IMC-7 postless rebuilding deck

Skyhawk26

Member For 3 Years
I recently purchased an iJoy new limitless RDTA that came with the IMC-7, IMC-3 velocity style deck and an IMC coil 3 deck. I am currently using the IMC-3 deck which is absolutely superb.
I previously tried using the IMC-7 deck with no success because no matter how I tried wicking the coils, I got dry hits after about 2-3 puffs. I basically had to try and tilt the whole mode/tank in order to get the juice to the coil.
I do not have a problem with other such decks that have four (4) wicking ports to run the individual coil's cotton through but this particular type of deck (IMC-7) has only 2 wicking ports to accommodate four strips of cotton.

Has anyone had any success in wicking these types of decks? Is there a better way to wick the ports? Or, maybe I need to make some longer coils, 10 or 12 windings/wraps instead of currently 6 wraps. That may create less distance for the juice to travel up the cotton to the coils??
Does anyone have any suggestions. Thank you.
Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi :wave:I don't have this particular RDTA but I do have one with different deck options. I've found that the velocity style decks worked better for me as well.

I see the decks you speak of:

1711921413771.png

I am looking at the design. it looks like it should work. lol

Are you running the coils this way:
1711921767732.png
or this way?:
1711921839048.png

Skyhawk26

Member For 3 Years
Hi :wave:I don't have this particular RDTA but I do have one with different deck options. I've found that the velocity style decks worked better for me as well.

I see the decks you speak of:

View attachment 214046

I am looking at the design. it looks like it should work. lol

Are you running the coils this way:
View attachment 214047
or this way?:
View attachment 214048
Hi 5150sick,
Thanks for writing back on my query. I am running my coils as in your first figure. Initially I ran the coils as per photo 2 and got bad dry hits after 2/ 3 puffs and so I opted for photo 1 option but got similar results. I find the velocity type to be far better.
I also have a Clone Vitamin postless RDTA and that works okay as it has for individual slots for the cotton to run down to the tank.

5150sick

Under Ground Hustler
Staff member
VU Administrator
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Press Corps
Member For 5 Years
Mod Team Leader
Hi 5150sick,
Thanks for writing back on my query. I am running my coils as in your first figure. Initially I ran the coils as per photo 2 and got bad dry hits after 2/ 3 puffs and so I opted for photo 1 option but got similar results. I find the velocity type to be far better.
I also have a Clone Vitamin postless RDTA and that works okay as it has for individual slots for the cotton to run down to the tank.
I would have went with the first one as well. Have you tried different coil heights? A few mm can make a huge difference. I'd also try to spread the coils further apart and/or closer together.

Last edited:

Skyhawk26

Member For 3 Years
I would have sent with the first one as well. Have you tried different coil heights? A few mm can make a huge difference. I'd also try to spread the coils further apart and/or closer together.
That's a good idea. I have not tried tinkering with coil heights nor have I tried spreading the coil out. I will give that a go soon. Currently I am using pre wrapped coils. I have heaps of coil wires, so I may try to make some maybe at 4mm i.d and spread it out a bit.
Thanks for that advice.

VU Sponsors