Become a Patron!

Wicking help

Recently I've been trying to wick my rda and idk if it's the liquid or just a problem with wicking but every time my coils get dry and have a burnt taste there is still liquif on one side of the wicks and after a while of letting it sit the liquid even becomes an orangish brown color, this has happened to me multiple times even on single cool builds, I'm curious as to if this is normal or if I did something wrong, it hasn't happened to me all the time but usually when I put in a new wick it'll taste burnt after a few hits even when soaked. Any tips or advice appreciated!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    796.7 KB · Views: 10

smacksy

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I get rid of that new cotton taste by dripping on my new wicks, and with the cap off pulse the button while blowing on the build to keep it cool..I do this three or four times ..when satisfied I re-drip, replace the cap and take a hit.. If cotton taste is still there I pull the cap off and repeat..this pic is typical ..
d60a977a4bdfedfef2c342d84c743e23.jpg
I get about 8-10 deep pulls with good clouds/flavor before needing re-dripped..

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Neunerball

Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
ECF Refugee
From the picture, you might have too much cotton (too thick of a wick), choking the wick at the coil(s), thus the juice can't get to the coil(s) quick enough. Burned cotton will discolor the wick, and juice.

VU Sponsors