Become a Patron!

Wife needs a tube mod.

Jason Commerford

Member For 4 Years
Looking for help.
Anyone have any opinion on the best VV/VW tube mod presently available? Wife doesn't like box mods so I am trying to find her a good tube mod. Would prefer that it take both 510 and ego units but that is not an absolute requirement as I have plenty of adapters. Absolutely want one with a replaceable battery (18650). Doesn't need to go above 20 watts, but if it does that will have to do. Already tried the Provari VV and all it wants to do is say E1 or E3 regardless of the device I attach or how many new batteries I put in. Have given the Cloupor T5 some consideration but it is large and the battery replacement seems unnecessarily involved. Yes she is a princess and rather high maintenance! Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

RobbieR

Bronze Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Not exactly a tube mod, but a Wismec Presa 75 watt is close. It feels like a tube mod in your hand but has the advantage of a bigger screen. Single 18650 battery and temp control. Its my understanding that internally its the same as an Evic Mini (same board and screen), just in a different styled box. I have the 40 watt and am very happy with it, but some others here had problems with their 40 watts fire bar sticking.

f1r3b1rd

https://cookingwithlegs.com/
Staff member
Senior Moderator
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
VU Challenge Team
Member For 5 Years
VU Patreon
Hahahah!!!! Love the title. I would say p3 but you hadn't had luck with provape already... What about lavatube dna40? There is also the 7twentytwo from pioneer for you which is really a nice mod.

BoomStick

Gold Contributor
Member For 5 Years
A provari is arguably the best low power, adjustable power tube mod there is. I thought they had a great warrantee. I'd try to get it repaired.

BadLuckAndTrouble

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Innokin SVD.

Looks like a fuckin lightsaber lol.

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Eleaf Ijust2, VapeOnly Aura, Innokin Cortex/Enduro, and Joytech Ego One kits are great for Tube applications and dont need much tweaking...

The Balrog Kit seemed to fit my wifes needs...its not a Tube but its close and has more options...Its extremely small also.
Balrog.jpg

Last edited:

dre

Platinum Contributor
ECF Refugee
Member For 5 Years
Edit: missed you said vw mod. This is just a mechanical with a switch
The atto is a tube mod with a MOSFET switched. It's only slightly bigger then a 18650. The clone can be found at fasttech.
e47a564fe91adea2c2bb7b1084c6ecf7.jpg

Sent from my Droid Turbo 2 using Tapatalk

stevegmu

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
What batteries are you putting in the ProVari? I am assuming it is a 2.5, which requires AW IMR batteries...

Fictitious Character

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You could go the Provape P3 route. The SVD could be an option. The Aspire 18650 VV maybe.

If you can find a good deal on the Mark Bugs Wizard Apprentice Evolve I would recommend that for sure. I have one and it is a dna30 with a nice compact feeling tube.

Jason Commerford

Member For 4 Years
Want to thank everyone for your help. Have given me a lot of good leads. I really appreciate it. If Mama ain't happy........Hell hath no fury.....etc.

pulsevape

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
My fucking wife is the same way ...from all the stories I've heard she got plenty of tube mods before we met.

VU Sponsors