Become a Patron!

Will be getting my first RDA

Tony Stark

Member For 4 Years
Hello All,

I will be receiving my first RDA from a buddy of mine. He is sending me a Mutation X V4 for free as he has 4 of them and one was just sitting collecting dust. I was just curious as to if this is a good beginner RDA. I do have experience building on my RBA's/RTA's so I'm not too worried about that but I am curious as to the ease of use for someone with no prior use of RDA's. I know that it is dual coil instead of single coil which is fine and I understand that dual coil will cut my build resistance in half. Just wondering if there is anything else I should know about this particular RDA or anything else you guys recommend for it. Thanks in advance!

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Its a good RTA to start with. It has side and bottom airflow and you can close either off if you like-this gives you the option to find out if what you like when purchasing RDA's in the future. It uses the same 4 post deck as a Twisted Messes RDA which is great for building. You can secure each lead in a different hole so you get better connectivity. The options and extras with that RDA give it a edge against other RDA's you could start with like the Cap Extension, use it if you want a cooler vape or less spitback.
It has alot of adjustability and you can easily tune the vaping experience to how you would enjoy it.

Mutation X4 with Aliens.jpg

Tony Stark

Member For 4 Years
Its a good RTA to start with. It has side and bottom airflow and you can close either off if you like-this gives you the option to find out if what you like when purchasing RDA's in the future. It uses the same 4 post deck as a Twisted Messes RDA which is great for building. You can secure each lead in a different hole so you get better connectivity. The options and extras with that RDA give it a edge against other RDA's you could start with like the Cap Extension, use it if you want a cooler vape or less spitback.
It has alot of adjustability and you can easily tune the vaping experience to how you would enjoy it.

View attachment 52768

Great. Thanks for the input! I should be getting it tomorrow so it looks like I'll have some playing around to do to see what I like. It sounds like I have a lot of options to try so I really like that. One thing I am seeing now is the open air flow at the bottom, which I know can be closed off but I am curious as to if that will cause a lot of leaking if I choose to keep it open?

raymo2u

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Unlisted Vendor
Great. Thanks for the input! I should be getting it tomorrow so it looks like I'll have some playing around to do to see what I like. It sounds like I have a lot of options to try so I really like that. One thing I am seeing now is the open air flow at the bottom, which I know can be closed off but I am curious as to if that will cause a lot of leaking if I choose to keep it open?
Only if you over drip or drip blindly onto the coils. If you use your bottle and "paint" the wicks with juice then you wont have any issues..Make sure your coils are a bit from the airflow holes and dont have any cotton on them either!

Tony Stark

Member For 4 Years
Only if you over drip or drip blindly onto the coils. If you use your bottle and "paint" the wicks with juice then you wont have any issues..Make sure your coils are a bit from the airflow holes and dont have any cotton on them either!

Sounds easy enough. Thanks again for the tips/advice!!

VU Sponsors