Become a Patron!

Will US vape shops be ordering anything from China?

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hard to say. Anything's possible.

The Executive office did release this statement on Thursday stating they cannot support the bill "in it's current form" due to unsupported evidence and questioning it's constitutionality ...

https://www.whitehouse.gov/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/SAP_HR-2339.pdf
Yep saw that. Also noticed that it was not signed by anyone..
Seems like if Trump was strong on that stance he would have signed it...
also it did not indicate what parts that the OMB saw as a problem.

imho I see vape being supported in a limited way AFTER it is hammered into the dirt.
ie being brought back in a very limited form that the govt wants. Easier to control that way.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
imho I see vape being supported in a limited way AFTER it is hammered into the dirt.
ie being brought back in a very limited form that the govt wants. Easier to control that way.

Right. I don't know if things like that are normally signed or not. But it's a point I didn't consider.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Right. I don't know if things like that are normally signed or not. But it's a point I didn't consider.
I am not sure either but it caught my eye. Seems like the head or someone in the WH OMB dept would have signed it though.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Supposedly HR2339 is going to be vetoed if/when it gets to the executive office, but not only can vetoes be overridden, FDA deeming is still a problem anyway. :(

It seemed redundant to push that bill through when Deeming regs are so close. Maybe they’re trying to cover their @sses in case Deeming gets postponed again. :growl:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

So what, we’ll have open pod systems with tobacco flavored juice? If that’s what I would have had when I was trying to quit, I’m not sure I would have.

What an effective way to keep people chained to smoking!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
So what, we’ll have open pod systems with tobacco flavored juice? If that’s what I would have had when I was trying to quit, I’m not sure I would have.

What an effective way to keep people chained to smoking!!
closed pod systems only and cigalikes is the way I read it. I do not expect any open/refillable systems to be approved. Nor bottles of juice.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
closed pod systems only and cigalikes is the way I read it. I do not expect any open/refillable systems to be approved. Nor bottles of juice.

Right before Kanger seemed to fall off the face of the earth, they released a disposable plastic 510 tanks that came prefilled with eliquid. That must've been at lest 2 years ago. Probably 3. I saw them on a retailer's website. This was before the release of the Protank 4, I believe.

I wish I could find a pic of it, but I can't remember the name of the tank. It was right before the pod craze hit. IIRC, they came in 2-packs.

Speaking of Kanger, I would love to know what's up with them. It seems they still exist as a company but no longer make products. I have a feeling the only manufacture products for others under their own brands or maybe they no longer release products for the USA market?

The last thing I saw them release was some pods systems, some tanks and mods under the "Arymi" brand and some stuff under the "Fancy Vape" brand and then POOF, gone.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

It’s like the Matrix, “Welcome to the desert of the real.” Bummer!!

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Right before Kanger seemed to fall off the face of the earth, they released a disposable plastic 510 tanks that came prefilled with eliquid. That must've been at lest 2 years ago. Probably 3. I saw them on a retailer's website. This was before the release of the Protank 4, I believe.

I wish I could find a pic of it, but I can't remember the name of the tank. It was right before the pod craze hit. IIRC, they came in 2-packs.

Speaking of Kanger, I would love to know what's up with them. It seems they still exist as a company but no longer make products. I have a feeling the only manufacture products for others under their own brands or maybe they no longer release products for the USA market?

The last thing I saw them release was some pods systems, some tanks and mods under the "Arymi" brand and some stuff under the "Fancy Vape" brand and then POOF, gone.

That’s strange. You can still find Pro Tanks and the STM’s that Crom uses, though. But if they’re not rebuildable, coils for them would prolly be a bitch to find.

During bans I was trying to visualize what might happen, and I imagined people (like us here) using pods as kinda backups, as a way to maintain their mods/tanks. It was depressing!!

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
That’s strange. You can still find Pro Tanks and the STM’s that Crom uses, though. But if they’re not rebuildable, coils for them would prolly be a bitch to find.

During bans I was trying to visualize what might happen, and I imagined people (like us here) using pods as kinda backups, as a way to maintain their mods/tanks. It was depressing!!
STM comes with an RBA deck that works well otherwise I would not use them.
I gave away all my factory coils years ago.
For a loose MTL to a restricted DL a great atty.
16-20w with the RBA

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
16-20w with the RBA

What ohms do they have? It sounds similar to the Naut Mini I have. I saw your STM’s somewhere online, but I was still broke. :sigh:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
16-20w with the RBA

I have a good many STMs too. Also PT4s. I vape in about that same wattage range. I have many STM RBAs (which fit the PT4, too).

The rest of my stash is other hybrids and RTAs. I prefer hybrids w/RBAs over RTAs because you can coil and wick a few RBAs, stick them in a baggie or whatever and carry them around like factory coils.

I also I stocked up on the iJoy XS-1 RBA (aka the EXO-S RBA) when I found an amazon seller selling them. Can't find them anywhere else anymore. They fit and work in some non-ijoy tanks that I got from buying clearance starter kits so that made otherwise useless factory coil tanks usable now (I wasn't gonna stash yet another brand of factory coils - that gets expensive fast).

Last edited:

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years

I think kanger's still making some of their most popular coil heads because I've seen places run out of stock then restock again. And Fasttech keeps restocking the RBA, which seems authentic to me.

But I really don't think kanger's making anymore STMs and certainly not PT4s (PT4s were relatively short-lived in comparison to the STM). Many places were selling STMs and PT4s for almost nothing this past holiday season. Three aren't many sellers left and what sellers do have them they're selling for regular price and no one seems to be buying them. STM has a cult following and those of us that love them stocked up on them long ago. Most people don't seem to want RBAs or bottom-fill tanks anymore.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
So what's your vapocalypse strategy? Did you load up on factory coils or something? Or are you just not stocking up?

she's putting it off until she has no choice. but even then, she will probably just buy from someone here.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
I never heard of aluminum coils.

Afaik, Kanthal is part aluminum. (The AL part) But I may’ve misunderstood. I’m still liking my plug n play coils and my VW mods. Building coils would be a mondo huge leap for me. But I have until April to gird my loins, as it were.

Last edited:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
So what's your vapocalypse strategy? Did you load up on factory coils or something? Or are you just not stocking up?

I have been buying PnP coils out the wazoo. But as I’ve also bought about a dozen rebuildable tanks, as well as some Geek Vape coils, I’m trying to stock up on both.

I’ve been buying 100mg Nic too. Plus I mix. So even though I don’t feel 100% ready, I’m not freaking out yet.

No matter what certain people here might think.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I have been buying PnP coils out the wazoo. But as I’ve also bought about a dozen rebuildable tanks, as well as some Geek Vape coils, I’m trying to stock up on both.

I’ve been buying 100mg Nic too. Plus I mix. So even though I don’t feel 100% ready, I’m not freaking out yet.

No matter what certain people here might think.

Sounds like you're on a good track to me. If we do enter a vapocalypse, don't throw away your factory coils as they probably can be rebuilt. Remove the coil and wicking material, clean 'em, dry 'em the stick 'em in a jar. Start doing that now, in fact.

You have some rebuildable tanks so that's good.

You have nic base, so that's good, too. Even if you don't have a whole lot. You'd have to diligently ween yourself off nic and just vape 0 nic.

I was under the impression you were not prepared at all. You sound like you did good job. :)

Some people aren't stocking-up at all. Not due to finances, but because they refuse to believe anything bad could even happen. No remorse for those people - they can just go back to smoking cigarettes. Not my problem.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From another site. Apparently Caliburn pods are scarce and the few sites that seem to have them are limiting to 1 or so per order.
And it will get worse since even if US sites order it will be into April before many Chinese manufacturers get back up to speed if then.
Many Chinese companies are nearing bankruptcy as well since they tend to function cash on hand and not enough cast to keep going long without selling stuff.

Not good at all.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
From another site. Apparently Caliburn pods are scarce and the few sites that seem to have them are limiting to 1 or so per order.
And it will get worse since even if US sites order it will be into April before many Chinese manufacturers get back up to speed if then.
Many Chinese companies are nearing bankruptcy as well since they tend to function cash on hand and not enough cast to keep going long without selling stuff.

Not good at all.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Sounds like you're on a good track to me. If we do enter a vapocalypse, don't throw away your factory coils as they probably can be rebuilt. Remove the coil and wicking material, clean 'em, dry 'em the stick 'em in a jar. Start doing that now, in fact.

You have some rebuildable tanks so that's good.

You have nic base, so that's good, too. Even if you don't have a whole lot. You'd have to diligently ween yourself off nic and just vape 0 nic.

I was under the impression you were not prepared at all. You sound like you did good job. :)

Some people aren't stocking-up at all. Not due to finances, but because they refuse to believe anything bad could even happen. No remorse for those people - they can just go back to smoking cigarettes. Not my problem.

I first heard about the regs at ECF, so I knew it was coming. But since I was just re-starting vaping, and it was a year plus in the future, there wasn’t much I could do.

But, I knew I wanted to start DIY. And I have. And I like what I mix better than stuff I’ve bought. :bliss:

I still need more nic, though. That’s the critical part afaik, having enough nicotine. I like vaping nic a lot. Even though it’s only 3mg, it feels good. So I don’t want to be forced to wean off nicotine, especially not by people who’d rather see us smoke!!

I figure I’ll have to learn to make coils sooner or later, because sub tanks and coils may eventually just not work. But I bought about $300 worth of PnP coils so far, but I’ll want more of those. And a few more of the tanks I use. So yeah, I’m hedging my bets on the gear that I like, plus the rebuildable tanks I can learn to use.

The way I’ve prepared isn’t the way most VU folks are preparing. But I’ve thought things out, and I’m not trying to be blind to the fact of Deeming hammering us, or to be stupidly stubborn.
I’m just trying to allow myself to vape the way I like, while giving myself some room with things I’m not sure I like. (Like building.) But if I’m using RDA/RTAs and I can get coils from Zephyr or someone else here, why shouldn’t I?!

Thanks for the kind words, though. I appreciate it! :hug:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee

Not good at all.

If the Chinese get going in April, it’s really so close to the Regs hammer coming down, it might be too late!

You know, this is the second illness that’s afflicted the state of vaping this year!! It’s scary and depressing.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
I still need more nic, though.

There's a possibility Heartlandvapes.com might be having another nic sale soon (St. Pat's Day). Which is usually $10 off per liter. That comes to $35/liter (house brand nic). Buy 4 or more in one order and it's $33/liter. Free shipping for $50+ orders. I bought my last 4 liters (delivery on Weds) from their last sale (Fat Tuesday Sale). I'm done with nic. I should have enough to last me at least my lifetime and some to be buried with. :giggle: The $10 off /liter usually applies to the Nic Select and CNT, too, but those cost more, of course.

If that's appealing to you, go to their site, create an account and sub to their newsletter so you get notified. It'll probably be a one-day only sale. Merely subbing to their newsletter without an account doesn't seem to work, so just create and account.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
There's a possibility Heartlandvapes.com might be having another nic sale soon (St. Pat's Day). Which is usually $10 off per liter. That comes to $35/liter (house brand nic). Buy 4 or more in one order and it's $33/liter. Free shipping for $50+ orders. I bought my last 4 liters (delivery on Weds) from their last sale (Fat Tuesday Sale). I'm done with nic. I should have enough to last me at least my lifetime and some to be buried with. :giggle: The $10 off /liter usually applies to the Nic Select and CNT, too, but those cost more, of course.

If that's appealing to you, go to their site, create an account and sub to their newsletter so you get notified. It'll probably be a one-day only sale. Merely subbing to their newsletter without an account doesn't seem to work, so just create and account.

Thanks! That’s a good price for a liter. The liter I bought at VTek was about $80 for the EU Sourced Nic. :eek:uch: I’m broker now, so less than $40 for decent nic is great. It’s good to know affordable places now. May is really close! :cry:

Pif your extra nic before taking it with you to the afterlife, please! :giggle:

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
No. I don't do pods.

My convenience store guy started selling vape gear. When I stopped buying smokes because I was vaping, he started guilting me into buying his Smok stuff. :yuch: I bought a Novo and ended up not going back there, even though he makes great fresh coffee!! I do miss his excellent and cheap coffee, though.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Pif your extra nic before taking it with you to the afterlife, please!

Done...you're now in my will.

I, esmoka, member of the Vaping Underground forum located at vapingunderground.com on the World Wide Web, do hereby bequeath all my remaining liquid nicotine stash, upon my departure from this world, to Vaping Underground forum member, Rhianne.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
Was just thinking.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of QC issues with hardware as these manufacturers scramble to pump out products.

Jinx'd

Platinum Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Was just thinking.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing a lot of QC issues with hardware as these manufacturers scramble to pump out products.

speculation , as is mine. i think most all of the stufff we will be gettting was already made & packaged before their holiday. they will be selling that stuff first. and, just how much of a demand will there be ? = people afraid to buy from china, so no hurrry ??
thinking out loud.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
speculation , as is mine. i think most all of the stufff we will be gettting was already made & packaged before their holiday. they will be selling that stuff first. and, just how much of a demand will there be ? = people afraid to buy from china, so no hurrry ??
thinking out loud.

A chinese retailer told me, when I asked them about when they think my EHPro products would ship, that it depends on when EHPro is able to get back to work and produce them. That was a week ago. They estimated roughly 2 weeks from that time. Apparently they sold me Preorder items without making that apparent on the order page. :mad: I normally don't do preorders. If they were in stock, they'd have shipped by now as they've been back to work for probably 2 weeks now. And I don't see why EHPro would have the stock in their own facilities. But anything's possible.

That's what prompted me to think about QC issues.

I almost want to cancel my orders, but I also want the products well before May hits.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
A chinese retailer told me, when I asked them about when they think my EHPro products would ship, that it depends on when EHPro is able to get back to work and produce them. That was a week ago. They estimated roughly 2 weeks from that time. Apparently they sold me Preorder items without making that apparent on the order page. :mad: I normally don't do preorders. If they were in stock, they'd have shipped by now as they've been back to work for probably 2 weeks now. And I don't see why EHPro would have the stock in their own facilities. But anything's possible.

That's what prompted me to think about QC issues.

I almost want to cancel my orders, but I also want the products well before May hits.

What EhPro mods were you getting? I considered the Cold Steel but I’m afraid to try new gear now, with corona and the Regs.

eSMOKA

Silver Contributor
Member For 5 Years
You have one already? I considered that, it looks really nice. Plus it’s single batt, IIRC.

Yes. And it takes 21700 batts. 18650 fits with supplied adapter. Also has voltage mode for those that prefer it.

Rhianne

Diamond Contributor
Member For 2 Years
ECF Refugee
Yes. And it takes 21700 batts. 18650 fits with supplied adapter. Also has voltage mode for those that prefer it.

That’s cool. I’m not supposed to really be buying gear now, but if I see some good deals, I guess I will! Thanks.

VU Sponsors