Become a Patron!

Wire for Subtank mini RBA on Istick 50w

CAPER88

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Im just wondering what kinda wire is best for this setup...I have been using 28 guage Kanthal since I bought the setup but was wanting to try out some sort of Clapton...I hear its better for flavor....What guage should I try to get... I usually like to use anywhere from 35.5-40 Watts...my mod will read down to .2 ohms.,

Thanks for any help ::)

KarmicRage

Silver Contributor
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
It's a rather small deck on the sub tank mini. I would advise wrapping something like 36-40 gauge around a piece of 28 gauge. Not too thin to give minor vapour, not too thick it'll take ages to ramp up, about 6 wraps should fit nicely

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

GKG2017

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I use a simple build. 26 ga SS316, 5 wraps on the little blue Phillips screwdriver that came with the unit. Comes out to 0.3 ohms. Vape at around 30W

Never tried a Clapton Build.

HondaDavidson

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I'd start with the smallest I could. DIY I'd go 28 and 36 or 40..... bought Idk what's availabe

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

VaporSuite

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Unlisted Vendor
My favorite Clapton for the STM is this:
Screenshot_2017-08-22-17-42-22.png

The 0.5 ohm might be a bit high for your wattage. I normally use this one at 20-30 W. Reducing the wraps to 5 will lower the resistance some and work better at 30-40 W.
I have built it with a Kanthal A1 core as well, but it then needs AWG 22 or 24 wire, and that heats up to slowly for me.

The Cromwell

I am a BOT
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I use a simple build. 26 ga SS316, 5 wraps on the little blue Phillips screwdriver that came with the unit. Comes out to 0.3 ohms. Vape at around 30W

Never tried a Clapton Build.
Same, I space my coil though.
My id might be a bit bigger I use 2.5 mm coilmaster rods.

VU Sponsors