Become a Patron!

Wismec 75 ?

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Been recommended to buy a wismec 75 TC by a local vapeshop, but looking it up it doesn't state that it supports stainless steel, just nickel and titanium. Haven't been quoted a price yet, but anybody here have one? If so, what do you think about it? I'm looking for a mod that isn't too pricey and has the capability to fire a crown in watt and TC mode. I can use the 1.2 coils in my 40 watt, but I'd like to try the .5s and the TC.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
After reading the description and watching a couple youtube videos on this device, it DOES NOT support SS in temp mode. Gonna have to use ss in power mode or use the Ni200 coil on the Crown.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If you're talking about the Wismec Presa 75, it will do SS TC with the new firmware update. It's a sweet looking mod.
I'm vaping a Crown with a stock .5 ohm coil in SS TC mode on a VTC Mini right now. Vanilla Cream Doughnut flavor is bangin!
It should vape just as well on the Presa 75.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
If you're talking about the Wismec Presa 75, it will do SS TC with the new firmware update. It's a sweet looking mod.
I'm vaping a Crown with a stock .5 ohm coil in SS TC mode on a VTC Mini right now. Vanilla Cream Doughnut flavor is bangin!
It should vape just as well on the Presa 75.
Not sure if it's a presa. I didn't go in. I just messaged them. It's out of my price range for the moment. At least from them. $70. I try to support local businesses, but I have definitely seen it way cheaper online. If I upgrade my box, it's going to have to be ordered I guess. So the Presa is an option. And vanilla cream donut sounds delicious!

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Options I've seen online would be the Presa, kooper, evic, etc. Or I could get an istick 100 watt and not worry about TC. I'm going to have to do some more mulling.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got the Black Presa TC75 and couldn't be happier. It performs just exactly as my eVic VCT Mini....awesome. The Presa feels great in the hand and I absolutely love the front panel fire button. Battery life is decent, I leave the house at 3:30AM and get home around 1:30 PM and still have battery life left but I carry my evic in my lunch box as a backup. I will be ordering the silver one next.
My suggestion would be to go for it. Here is where I bought mine, http://www.sourcemore.com/wismec-pr...odes-housing-single-18650-battery-silver.html

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The VTC Mini is singularly the best mod in the history of vaping.
For $33 absolutely nothing even approaches it.

jm .02
I specifically asked the shop about it and they said they didn't carry them anymore due to problems with them but they did not elaborate. Which is strange because I've seen a lot of good things here about them. Haven't seen too many complaints. I'll check into ordering one maybe.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I got the Black Presa TC75 and couldn't be happier. It performs just exactly as my eVic VCT Mini....awesome. The Presa feels great in the hand and I absolutely love the front panel fire button. Battery life is decent, I leave the house at 3:30AM and get home around 1:30 PM and still have battery life left but I carry my evic in my lunch box as a backup. I will be ordering the silver one next.
My suggestion would be to go for it. Here is where I bought mine, http://www.sourcemore.com/wismec-pr...odes-housing-single-18650-battery-silver.html
Which one has the edge for you then, and why? $33 for the evic sounds great, but $40 isn't bad either.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Which one has the edge for you then, and why? $33 for the evic sounds great, but $40 isn't bad either.
The shop is apparently marking them up about 30 bucks. That's nuts.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I've hear that they have almost identical chips in them. Wismec is owned by JoyeTech so it's basically the same company making both mods. They now have identical specs. Same power output and temp control features. I was waiting on the SS TC firmware update before getting a Presa. It's a tiny bit taller and more narrow than the VTC. All the reviewers say it's more comfortable in the hand. If it works just like a VTC Mini and feels even nicer in the hand it must be a winner. I just wish it was available in white.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Like i mentioned, they both perform the same for me. I (at 40 watts in SS TC mode with a .4 ohm Triton coil) get 10-12 hours of pretty heavy vaping. They pretty much are the same but I really love the way the Presa feels in my hand and go to that one the most. I paid 40 bucks for my Presa but it came with free shipping that took about 15 days to get to me. It should be noted that I paid 47.99 for my eVic VCT Mini kit but that it came with the eGo Mega Tank which I did not fall in love with. 33 bucks for the mod shipping included is the best choice if money is an issue for sure.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've hear that they have almost identical chips in them. Wismec is owned by JoyeTech so it's basically the same company making both mods. They now have identical specs. Same power output and temp control features. I was waiting on the SS TC firmware update before getting a Presa. It's a tiny bit taller and more narrow than the VTC. All the reviewers say it's more comfortable in the hand. If it works just like a VTC Mini and feels even nicer in the hand it must be a winner. I just wish it was available in white.
Clicking on Presa took me to to efuns site. Have you dealt with them before? The Presa is listed there for about $35. The evic mini is listed at $32, but it's out of stock.

georgemeadal

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Clicking on Presa took me to to efuns site. Have you dealt with them before? The Presa is listed there for about $35. The evic mini is listed at $32, but it's out of stock.
yes it's 35 but add 5 for shipping..I have dealt with Cigabuy / Fasttech / Sourcemore / Efuntop before with no bad experiences but hey get some other input before making your decision.

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
HERE
BTW... The VTC Mini's display is prettier... :)
I already posted a link to the update in post #3 of this thread. I also prefer the screen layout on the VTC but the added comfort should more than make up for it. Besides, they can always change the screen layout with another firmware update, just like the VTC Mini.

I've never had a Presa but at first blush, it appears to have the following important features...
Step-down converter... (HUGE!) Never buy any mod lacking this.
SS coil algorithm... (BIG)
Firmware Upgradeability.
.. (HUGE!)
I'm kinda weird on the firing switch though, looks like it would wear out or fire in your pocket.
The wattage wheel is iffy for me too... looks like it could accidentally self-adjust.

The VTC Mini is Joytech, an established front runner in mods. Wismec doesn't quite have that mega-presence.

Again, JoyeTech owns Wismec so they should be just as reliable (or unreliable). Also, there is no wattage wheel on the Presa 75TC, it has a physical lock switch so it won't fire in your pocket (can also be turned off), and it really does have step down, Sweet!

CorallineAlgae

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I have used them. I ordered my white VTC Mini kit and some eGo One CLR coil heads from efun. You can also use " iloveyou " as a coupon code for 5% off. It's a popular site to order stuff. I still have a couple gifts to buy (priorities) but when I order a Presa it'll probably be from that site. Holiday shipping may be slow. If you need quick delivery a US vendor would be better, but pricier. Heck, I may just order one. I bought just about all of my gifts already. :D

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
35 plus 5 shipping and 40 with free shipping work out about the same. I may look up some US vendors, but those are pretty good prices.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
35 plus 5 shipping and 40 with free shipping work out about the same. I may look up some US vendors, but those are pretty good prices.
5% off changes the price just slightly.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
The same efun site also has a wismec reuleaux (I'm sure I butchered that ) 200 watt TC for $45 and change. My tanks, for the most part, don't need anywhere that much power. One Uwell Crown could theoretically get vaped above 75, but not the others. Would it be worth it to spend the extra 10? I'm not sure I'd ever need 200 watts, but it might be nice to have the option. Or do you think 75 W is all I'll ever need? My other tanks right now are the smok vct and an isub. I know the iSub would be a no with that much power. But smok has alot of interchangeable coils.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
wisemec is joytec
like koopor is smok
before buyimg
look at the wismec releaux RX200 Ive seen these for about 50

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
wisemec is joytec
like koopor is smok
before buyimg
look at the wismec releaux RX200 Ive seen these for about 50
I think we were posting simultaneously. About the same thing. LOL. The wismec reuleaux 200 TC is listed there for 45. Go big or go home, right? ; )

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I think we were posting simultaneously. About the same thing. LOL. The wismec reuleaux 200 TC is listed there for 45. Go big or go home, right? ; )
Is the RX200 different?

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
the rx200 is the joytec ersion of teh dna200 board
it takes 3 18650 batteries
can do SS TC
200watts
i supgradable
blah blah blha
everything you can do with a dna200 except all the customizations that are possible with the escribe software and a dna200 mod

its a solid mod, its heavy with 3 batteries. so go for t hat
otherwise
if you want a 2 battery mod that doe sit all
the koopor plus is probably the best bang for teh buck
or if you like fucking around with BT and p hone apps to get TC mode turne don for teh first time
a xcube 2 is nice as well for 2 batt mod

I have a koopor plus under my tree, but I kinda want an rx200 as well

Ramsay Bolton

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
I've never had a Presa but at first blush, it appears to have the following important features...
Step-down converter... (HUGE!) Never buy any mod lacking this.
SS coil algorithm... (BIG)
Firmware Upgradeability.
.. (HUGE!)
I'm kinda weird on the firing switch though, looks like it would wear out or fire in your pocket.
The wattage wheel is iffy for me too... looks like it could accidentally self-adjust.

The VTC Mini is Joytech, an established front runner in mods. Wismec doesn't quite have that mega-presence.

There's a tiny sliding mechanical anti-firing lock switch located at the top of the mod.

-

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
the rx200 is the joytec ersion of teh dna200 board
it takes 3 18650 batteries
can do SS TC
200watts
i supgradable
blah blah blha
everything you can do with a dna200 except all the customizations that are possible with the escribe software and a dna200 mod

its a solid mod, its heavy with 3 batteries. so go for t hat
otherwise
if you want a 2 battery mod that doe sit all
the koopor plus is probably the best bang for teh buck
or if you like fucking around with BT and p hone apps to get TC mode turne don for teh first time
a xcube 2 is nice as well for 2 batt mod

I have a koopor plus under my tree, but I kinda want an rx200 as well
I may lean that way, I'm just not sure if I need all that wattage. At the moment, I know I don't but it might be nice to have the capability. Three batteries is slightly offputting, but I was going to have to buy two. Unless I went with an evic. I think it only needs one. Decisions, decisions...thanks for all the input so far.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
forget about wattage unless you plan on vaping over 75watts regularly - otherwise how many watts do you need is a moot point

let me simplify
1 battery mod evic vtc
2 battery mod koopor plus
3. battery mod rx200

how many batteries do you need?

well do you want to carry extra batteries?
will you need extra batteries?

i can vape at 50ish watts about 15ml of juice on a 2 battery mod without changing batteries
at 50ish watts i can get about 8ml of juice on a single battery mod
i dont have a 3 batt mod but would guess i could get 24ish ml at 50 watts from it

so decide how much juice do you go through when you are not home and at what wattage and then decide do you need 1 ,2 or 3 batteries or can you do 1 or 2 batteries and just carry extra batteries.

then you know which mod to buy

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
That's a good point. How do you Vape?
Do you Vape MTL?... (like an ex-smoker?)
Or inhale directly into the lungs?
DL mostly now. I started MTL with an eleaf itwist plus little aspire tank. Now I'm doing sub ohm. The only one of my tanks I could see doing 75+watts with is the crown.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
forget about wattage unless you plan on vaping over 75watts regularly - otherwise how many watts do you need is a moot point

let me simplify
1 battery mod evic vtc
3. battery mod rx200

i can vape at 50ish watts about 15ml of juice on a 2 battery mod without changing batteries
i dont have a 3 batt mod but would guess i could get 24ish ml at 50 watts from it

so decide how much juice do you go through when you are not home and at what wattage and then decide do you need 1 ,2 or 3 batteries or can you do 1 or 2 batteries and just carry extra batteries.

I've never paid all that much attention to how much juice I go through. I don't do as much when I'm at work. I can't chain vape there. I go through the majority of juice while home. I'm sure it isn't over 15. Probably closer to 5-8 during the day. I'll fill up the crown in the morning and watch it.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I've never paid all that much attention to how much juice I go through. I don't do as much when I'm at work. I can't chain vape there. I go through the majority of juice while home. I'm sure it isn't over 15. Probably closer to 5-8 during the day. I'll fill up the crown in the morning and watch it.
Although it may not be as accurate because I'm using,1.2 ohm coils right now in the crown. Even at that, it still sucks the juice.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
The VTC Mini is singularly the best mod in the history of vaping. (Stainless yes!)
For $33 absolutely nothing even approaches it.

jm .02
Yihi SX Mini & Volcano Lavabox both surpass it but either of those will set you back almost $200 at which point the vape budget hands must come out.

ChrisL

VU Donator
Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If money was no object, then hands down The Dicodes 2380 T is the best single 18650 mod on the market. Like most people, $375.00 is out of my range. The Pressa 75 fits my budget nicely.:rolleyes:.

snake94115

Diamond Contributor
Member For 4 Years
If money was no object, then hands down The Dicodes 2380 T is the best single 18650 mod on the market. Like most people, $375.00 is out of my range. The Pressa 75 fits my budget nicely.:rolleyes:.
It fits my budget too but I just don't like the way it looks it reminds me of an old school jet flame lighter too much.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I

let me simplify
1 battery mod evic vtc
3. battery mod rx200

I think I go through about three tanks all day/evening. Or about 15 mL. That was using the crown with 1.2 coils at 30 watts on the itick 40, without having to charge. Mileage would vary with an actual subohm coil. 1.2s do not drain my battery like the VCT or isub with .5 or .2 coils, which I vape from time to time. For now. I may hold off on any decision right now. Budget is tight for now. I'm still including an istick 100 watt in my list if options, too. The istick 40 has been good. Just a bit underpowered.

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
I

I think I go through about three tanks all day/evening. Or about 15 mL. That was using the crown with 1.2 coils at 30 watts on the itick 40, without having to charge. Mileage would vary with an actual subohm coil. 1.2s do not drain my battery like the VCT or isub with .5 or .2 coils, which I vape from time to time. For now. I may hold off on any decision right now. Budget is tight for now. I'm still including an istick 100 watt in my list if options, too. The istick 40 has been good. Just a bit underpowered.
Still keeping all options open though.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i would then hold out for a deal on one of the three mods I listed and consider batteries and a charger in the price depending on what you already have.
I got the koopor plus ONLY because I found it on sale for BF for $35 SHIPPED that was too good to pass up I paid that much for my first istick 30 at a B and M

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
ok were arguing over technicallities

but the koopor and rx200 have all the same basic functionality as a dna200, minus all the customizations and profiles you can do with escribe. IN fact the koopor plus and rx200 are more functional out of the box then the dna200s if I understand everything I read in the dna200 threads since you need escribe just to set up SS TC on new dna200s at this time

I get without software like escribe and the boards ability to accept the customizations and profiles - nothing is exactly like a dna200.

The dna200 was revolutionary on 2 fronts
1.it added functionality not common or found in most mods
200w which i believe the only mainstream mods at the time with this were the 3li and snowwolf
SS TC
customizable TCR - only accessible through escribe
2. escribe software to tweak multiple setting like ramp up time and screen setting

now however alot of these features are available in the next gen of mods
granted noone has presented their own version of escribe yet

so yes the rx 200 is joytechs current version of a dna200 style mod just as the sc mini ml class is yihis and so will the d5 be as well

so maybe the better phrasing would be
that the rx200 is joytechs answer to the dna200 for those who just want added functionality and do not care about tinkering with software on their laptop or tablet at a rock bottom price

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I love my new rx200. It is paired with my evic minis in rotation now and was the best $42 I spent in a long time...lol

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I bet. I'd love JayBo to do a 2 cell enclosure. 133w would suit me fine.

So... what "extra adjustments" does the RX have that make it a DNA competitor? :rolleyes:
There isn't plug in update and vape. I'm not a fan of escribe. Every time I plug in my vt200 I get pissed off lol.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
i think @Hottvapz made my point

the rx may not have all the escibe stuff, which if you want that then you have to get a dna200 but it can do the rest of what a dna200 does and is one of only a very small handful of devices on the market currently with all the functionality it has. so for those drooling over dna200 mos for things like ss tc and 200 watts the rx200 has it with out the need to use escribe or the high price tag.

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I've never seen you take such a subjective stance and argue against objective reality.
I have no grudge against the RX... you appear to have one against Evolve.
no i have no grudge with evolve or even your opinion
we are just looking at what the dna200 boards offer to the market totally differently.

TO ME: A dna200 board offers you a need to deal with different battery configurations. SO FAR - either get used to lipos etc or get 3 batteries when your used to married pairs now you need Ménage à trois batteries

It offers 200 watts and was the first to make a big deal abut 200 watts at least in my m emory.
it offers adjustable tcr
it offers SS TC
it offers setting up pre heat power
it offers customizable screens
and i know im forgetting some other escribe only tools

the first 3 features are probably the most talk about by non dna200 owners and are what IMHO are what made the dna200 board the NEXT GENERATION mod

escribe and all its powers made it revolutionary

so the 3 main features in my mind of the dna200 making it a next gen mod are now available in other mods

we still dont have escribe from yihi or joytech or anyone else. BUT DO YOU NEED IT and DOES IT MAKE A DIFFERENCE to EVERYONE?

SO to me any mod offering 200 watts, adjustable tcr, and ss tc is a response to the dna200 board. especially the rx200 since it has that three battery config associated with the dna200 board. Now I may be mistaken as to if the rx200 can adjust tcr- ive seen various conflicting info.

I agree with your points of how unique and fantastic a dna200 board is because of all the added features. But for the basic new feature set that evolve brought to the table the rx200 delivers them as well.

SO do not think I feel the rx200 is AS GOOD as a dna200- but for the price and feature set -its one hell of an alternative

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hell no... you were just in Matt's post. Sorry, I guess the s/w throws you an alert anyway.
I'll have to remember in future to strip out tags unless I want them in there. My bad. :oops:
K no worries. I was scratching my head going huh....lol

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I kept asking you what "extra adjustability" the RX has that makes it in any way a competitor to the DNA.
My impression is that it has none. It is just a 200w, 3 wire TC mod... that's hardly special at this point.
(the difference between 150w and 200w is probably moot so that's a ton more mods)

And you are drastically underrepresenting the importance of the CSV files vs. a straight linear TCR.
Especially if you can't adjust it.
SS? How about any TC capable wire. No curve available? Make your own.
You want a cotton burn test? Dial it in (right now the RX is failing that for a lot of owners).
You want to hit and hold a dead flat target temp? Yeah... that's what Escribe can do.
All others (besides what... SX and Dicodes)? Not so much.
And yes, there are eleventy-seven other little interface and usability adjustments as well.

The RX has absolutely zero in common with ANY DNA outside of sharing a JayBo enclosure with one particular DNA-200 mod. It's not even as adjustment capable as my xCube.

And yes... I'll still probably get one, I damn near ordered a DNA version last night. :p

\
ok so i was mistaken on the features of the rx200. You are correct the koopor and xcube are more dna 200 like. My mistake I think I had the koopor plus features mixed up some with the RX200. so I had this hybrid non existent mod in my mod when thinking the rx200 was a dna200 like mod.

Hottvapz

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Don't get me wrong I love my vt200 but escribe does get annoying for me....I hated having to putting the SS stuff took me a while to find the coeficiencies

Mattp169

Platinum Contributor
Vape Media
Member For 5 Years
I love the idea of the DNAs adjustability.
But Escribe, while being an incredibly useful bit of software, is a serious work in progress.
Not quite there yet as far as user interface.

And I'd have one already if they redesigned their mod menu system
I'll even live with Escribe if a nice 2 cell enclosure shows up.
Hana has 1 and 2 18650 DNA 40s, but not the 200/133 yet.
And they're ugly anyway. So is the Boxer (pricy too). :p

well here is my thoughts on the whole DNA200

the software is still in beta and a better format needs to evolve (no pun intended)
more functions should be accessible from the mod w/o the need of software
A BT capable version would be better - and dont say how bad SMOK's BT software is - I know its bad, but theres plenty of good BT software so just because SMOK did a bad job doesnt mean everyone will

2 cell 18650 versions need to become readily available

a MAC version of escribe is needed

if lipo is going to stay relevant -someone should start marketing chargers that can do lipo and 18650s (maybe they exist)

and the price needs to drop as well

escribe put the dna200 miles ahead at first, but with every new mod the distance closes but the price gap seems to widen

thats all just my 2 cents

cmoorewv

Silver Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Well, after much going back and forth, I ordered the Koopor Plus 200 TC, batteries, and a charger. Went through sourcemore. I guess that's my Christmas present to myself. The wismec rx 200, tesla nano, and evic were all tempting though. I couldn't find most of them in stock. Even the Koopor. I really wanted the red, but it was a preorder. The black was the only one in stock. I hope other Kooper users will be willing to answer my "dumb" questions once it gets here. I hope I don't end up with buyers remorse. The whole purchase ended up being about $72, for the mod, a 4 well charger, and 4 batteries. Shipping time is 9-24 days. Quite a wide spread. I hope I don't have to be too patient.

VU Sponsors