Become a Patron!

Wismec customer service

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Some love the Reuleaux series of mods from Wismec others loathe them. I recently purchased one of the Rx gen3 mods.
After around 6 weeks or so the screen began to fade finally going blank a week later.
The vendor I got it from only covered purchases for 30 days, so I was directed to Wismec's Main website.
I figured I would have to pay to ship it to China and wait for it to get there, be serviced, and then returned to me about 2 months later.
Turns out Wismec has a US service center, within 2 days of Olivia my CSR receiving the required information by email, my replacement order was placed at the California service center. I do have to pay to ship the defective product back to California, but this is the only thing I have to pay for the new device and shipping is covered by the 90 day factory warranty.
It is good to know that Wismec supports their products.
In me experience many Chinese companies do not use US service centers and count on the time and expense needed to ship to China for to limit the number of replacement requests.
I will update when I receive my replacement and note turn around and any problems that do or don't arise.

Last edited:

Zohmbiebuilds

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Some love the Reuleaux series of mods from Wismec others loathe them. I recently purchased one of the Rx gen3 mods.
After around 6 weeks or so the screen began to fade finally going blank a week later.
The vendor I got it from only covered purchases for 30 days, so I was directed to Wismec's Main website.
I figured I would have to pay to ship it to China and wait for it to get there, be serviced, and then returned to me about 2 months later.
Turns out Wismec has a US service center, within 2 days of Olivia my CSR receiving the required information by email, my replacement order was placed at the California service center. I do have to pay to ship the defective product back to California, but this is the only thing I have to pay for the new device and shipping is covered by the 90 day factory warranty.
It is good to know that Wismec supports their products.
In me experience many Chinese companies do use US service centers and count on the time and expense needed to ship to China for to limit the number of replacement requests.
I will update when I receive my replacement and note turn around and any problems that do or don't arise.
All wismec vape stuff I've purchased had been solid, I like there attys a lot. But the 510 pin while it's never failed me I could see good it might go belly up. I baby all my gear. My belief is that growing up and until now I've lived in the ghetto. I've never had shit, so I take care of the things I do have.

I would buy more mods again, but won't until they use a different method of 510, and choose to secure the 510 better. I am well capable to fix the mods myself but don't have the time.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Haven't had any 510 trouble with the Rx mini or the gen3. AFAIK With the newer Rx mods (gen3 and rx2 20700) the threaded negative part of the 510 is made as part of the case, yet are still only grounded by plated straps connected the bottom of the case.
I do know the 510 pin is not sealed very well and any juice that gets to the 510 connection will find it's way straight onto the board and cause at least firing button problems , even auto fires.
My gen3 rarely leaves my bedroom, has never took a hard hit , had juice left on it. It looks like there is a seal around the positive pen but it is porous more of a dust seal really.

Update
My returned mod arrived at the service center on 11/08. Today 11/09 I received an email with tracking number stating a label was created and it would go out on 11/10.
Pretty impressive if you ask me.
My original mod was grey and the new one was invoiced to be black. This was noted before I ever sent the old one back FWIW black is fine with me I feel sure they would have corrected it if I had asked.
So far the Wismec warranty process has been quite painless, looks like it gonna be less than 10 days from initial contact to receiving my replacement. This time includes no less than 2-3 days, I could have shaved off had I sent info / my mod back immediately.

Last edited:

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
New gen3 arrived today, less than a week after I shipped the faulty one.
I seems they now use gold plating for the screws that hold the case to the ground tabs.
Per Arctic Fox ohm change on my lowest ohm build is from .134 idle to .117 on initial firing. To be fair this is with a clone rda that has the same black of the base on the 510 threads. First time I open it up I will be double checking the grounds. Don't know if running a wire will help any as the 510 threads look to be milled into the case.
Temp control works well in AF , need to update as I am running FW from late September.

As a final word I am quite pleased with wismec customer service and how they handled my case.

skt239

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
You might be the first person in the history of vaping to get a response from wismec. Are you sure you're not related to jaybo? You might want to check.

Deebee

Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
Wow, I would have never guessed it. Initially they asked if I had checked with the vendor, and I did have to send receipt, S/N, authenticity code, and short vid showing malfunction. But these days with people running over a clone then trying to get a replacement from the OEM, I considered it par for the course.
Seriously though I have only been vaping for less than a year, and only recently went to vaping only. Maybe it had to do with buying an early model gen3, or maybe Wismec and related brands have stepped up their game, either way I am grateful to have a new mod, versus one with a dead screen.

VU Sponsors