Become a Patron!

Wismec DNA200- 'warranty service' error- help please.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi everyone.

My Wismec DNA200 has started to have the known issue of bad connectivity to the batteries, and due to this was displaying a 'warranty service' message.

After help from the Evolv forums, I followed their advice and pressed down hard on the mod with no batteries or door on, and success! It only worked to 60W though, so following more advice, I adjusted the ground screw.

The only problem now is, when I put the door back on, it is hit and miss if the mod will work correctly, or I have to fiddle around, squeezing the mod to make the batteries connect properly.

Anyone else who has had this issue, have you managed to resolve it, and if so, how exactly? It was my favourite DNA200 in my collection, but now it is a headache if it will work or not each time I pick it up.

I was advised to contact Wismec, but have heard their customer service is terrible so have not yet, and was hoping a fellow vaper may have the answers.
Thank you all, Conan.

Rabbit Slayer

Silver Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Member For 2 Years
Member For 1 Year
ECF Refugee
contact Wismec...Then IF they really do suck like you've heard nothing will change but if they don't you should get your answer...either way, you'll have fist hand experience to share with the rest of us

Cloudy Peak Vapes

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Member For 3 Years
Unlisted Vendor
I got that message ages ago, maybe a year? I think mine did it when I pressed power accidentally while only two batteries were inserted. It powered up, but I got the press + and warranty service code. It hasn't happened since, though I don't frequently use it. My Triade 250 did the same thing, but getting my battery curve fixed and charged up, hasnt happened since. I read that it will show that error if it detects the charge to be over 100%. My battery meter was at 100% around 4 volts a cell on the first cycle of my batteries, and it knew it, and charged them full. It said 100% early though. Again, corrected my battery info, hasn't happened again.

I think there is an inherent quirkiness at least to the 200 when using 18650's. I may be wrong, but I think the 200 was originally designed for lipos only. All my DNA's are still rocking and multiple are over a year old. I do feel strange still pulling the batteries while its sleeping. Don't know man. It does sound like conductivity. I think they used absurdly thin wire in the device.

conanthewarrior

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
I got that message ages ago, maybe a year? I think mine did it when I pressed power accidentally while only two batteries were inserted. It powered up, but I got the press + and warranty service code. It hasn't happened since, though I don't frequently use it. My Triade 250 did the same thing, but getting my battery curve fixed and charged up, hasnt happened since. I read that it will show that error if it detects the charge to be over 100%. My battery meter was at 100% around 4 volts a cell on the first cycle of my batteries, and it knew it, and charged them full. It said 100% early though. Again, corrected my battery info, hasn't happened again.

I think there is an inherent quirkiness at least to the 200 when using 18650's. I may be wrong, but I think the 200 was originally designed for lipos only. All my DNA's are still rocking and multiple are over a year old. I do feel strange still pulling the batteries while its sleeping. Don't know man. It does sound like conductivity. I think they used absurdly thin wire in the device.
It is definitely an issue with connection to the batteries, as it was if the screen was struggling to even stay powered on before I followed Evolvs advice of taking the batteries out, and applying pressures to the top of the mod with the door off.

I have the correct curve in place for my specific batteries I make sure to do that on all my DNA200's.

The DNA200 was designed with Li-Po's in mind originally yes. I do prefer my 18650 powered ones though, just personal preference. At the moment, it is still working though which is the main thing I guess :).

contact Wismec...Then IF they really do suck like you've heard nothing will change but if they don't you should get your answer...either way, you'll have fist hand experience to share with the rest of us
That is very true, if I don't try I won't know. I will contact them now, I just wondered if anyone here had experienced this issue themselves, and found a lasting fix.

VU Sponsors