Become a Patron!

Wismec Luxotic BF Box with Tobhino

timwis

Gold Contributor
Member For 4 Years
Hi Vaping Underground members, In this review i take a look at the Luxotic BF Box with Tobhino from Wismec. The Luxotic BF Box with Tobhino was supplied for the purpose of this review by Angelia from Wismec.

http://www.wismec.com/product/luxotic-bf-box/

In the Box

Contents:

1x Luxotic BF Box MOD
1x Tobhino BF RDA(With Decorative Ring)
2x Pre-made Clapton 0.18ohm Coils
1x Cotton
1x 810 Top Cap
4x Seal Ring
2x Hexagon Screw
1x Extra Pin
1x Phillips Screw
1x Hexagon Wrench
1x User Manual
1x Warning Card

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The Kit comes in packaging with a viewing window which would be nice if this is the final packaging as the Luxotic is a looker. Picking the device up just confirms the build quality and how solid the device is as you can tell just by looking at it. I received the version with the resin panel which i love but all 3 options have their merits. The panel has a cut out section for pressing your bottle and is fixed into place with strong magnets. The rear of the device like the rest is silver and has the word "WISMEC" engraved in very large lettering. One side of the device houses the round fire button towards the top and evenly spaced out underneath are 3 pill like shapes that are cut into the metal. The Spine of the device is plain apart from a notch at the bottom for taking the base cover off. The top of the device has a stiff spring loaded 510 one side and the Jay Bo monogram in a circle the other. Finally the base of the device has a honeycombed plate over it that can be removed using the already mentioned notch. The Luxotic is an extremely solid, well built device.

Tobhino RDA Specs:

Size: 22 x 28.7mm
Type: Single coil rebuildable drip atomizer
Drip tip: 510
Thread: 510 thread with BF pin

Tobhino Overview

The Tobhino is a small stumpy RDA but has plenty of room for fitting your coil and decent juice well due to the posts being set up against the wall of the deck. The post system also means you tighten your screws from the outside of the deck so should be simple as, which with the supplied coils it was. The post holes are large but the screws are narrow in comparison so i would imagine trying to fit round wire in the slots would have me ripping my hair out in frustration. The supplied coils have already bent legs which is needed so the coil once fixed sits in the centre of the deck (so would be an idea to keep one as a template). It has duel airflow which is set high and angles in at your coils, the airflow is a series of three holes either side so you can choose between one, two or three holes open. The top cap is actually an ultem adaptor, the one fitted is a 510 as you are supplied with a 510 drip tip but included is also an 810 top cap / adaptor. The flavour i got from the Tobhino was pretty good but i did get some spit back despite using the 510. You also get an Ultem beauty ring that does help give the RDA more bulk and makes it look more substantial.

Conclusion of Tobhino

With reasonable sized flat wire doing a build is simple but Wismec should of made the slots smaller or screws bigger. Flavour was good and the airflow was quite restricted which i liked but others might prefer more air capability. Also i was getting spit back so with an 810 it would be worse, so in conclusion the Tobhino is a bit of a mixed bag.

Luxotic Specs

Size: 43.2 x 25.1 x 76.7mm
Max Output Wattage: 100W
Cell type: 1x high-rate 18650 cell (NOT included)
E-liquid Bottle: 7.5ml
Thread type: 510 spring loaded connector
Specially Designed Squonk System for Convenient E-liquid Refilling
Compact Box Mod with Single 18650 Cell
A Built-in Refillable E-liquid Bottle of 7.5ml Capacity
Replaceable Side Cover in Attractive Colors and Patterns
5-click protection with LED light indicator

Inside The Luxotic

The wires, mechanics, PCB and 510 are boxed in, giving the inside a neat and tidy look, this casing can be unscrewed if any maintenance is needed. The battery orientation is clearly marked and the positive contact is spring loaded, there is also a battery ribbon to help removal of the battery. When removing the honeycombed plate it reveals a hole for the bottle to be pulled down through. Yes it's a propriety system which has it's merits, it's easy and no mess but yet again has been let down by being supplied with rubbish bottles. Anyway the bottle pulls down off the sealing bung and the piping feeds out, then after filling just push back up so the bung reseals the bottle and as it gets pushed back into place the piping feeds back down into it. As mentioned at the beginning of this section, the device has a PCB, yes it's direct output but has safety features to stay safe and limits the device to 100w.

Using the Luxotic

Apart from the rubbish bottle i loved using this device, it's quality. The fire button is nice and clicky and responsive. As well as using the Tobhino on the Luxotix i also used the Banshee and it was a very enjoyable experience.

Pros

Great looking
Very well built
Safety features
Performed well
Neat and tidy look inside and out
Clicky responsive fire button
Tobhino comes with plenty of extras

Cons

Rubbish bottles
slots too big for grub screws on Tobhino
Tobhino gives a lot of spit back.

Conclusion

If Wismec don't come out with a good silicone bottle i am going to have to look at other alternatives as the Luxotic is a far too nice of a device not to be used regularly and the bottle lets it down. The Tobhino is very average.

I would once again like to thank Angelia from Wismec for supplying the Luxotic BF Box with Tobhino for the purpose of this review.

http://www.wismec.com/product/luxotic-bf-box/

VU Sponsors