Become a Patron!

Wismec Predator 228 Problems!!!

Hello,
New to this forum so feel free to move thread if not in correct area... Sorry for such the long post and if there is anything in here that is a stupid/"duh" question.

After year or so of vaping with different pens and seeing family members with different mod set ups I made the leap last month. I ordered a predator 228 kit from an online vape store. So far they have been no help in trying to get things resolved. There are several issues I have had over the past week and the company is saying all issues I am having are completely normal. I have spent a lot of time reading up on these different issues and do not think that all of them are completely normal.

1. (Biggest problem I am having!) My predator has been getting extremely hot mostly after 3 hits and especially towards the end of the day. The bottom (mostly on trigger side of mod) and sometimes the entire mod will get so hot that I can not even hold it and have to put it down. The batteries do not seem to be getting hot and I have even tried three different sets. All batteries used are of high quality, are paired sets and charged externally. The overheating does seem to be worse when I have the smok tfv8 tank on the mod vs the elabo tank. I typically run at 45-70w with factory made coils if 0.15-0.25ohm. (I know that they can get hot especially with chain vaping but none of my family members mods get so hot that you can not touch them!)

2. The ohms on the mod do not match ohms of coil. I know that there can be a 0.5-1ohm discrepancy but at times there is almost a 1.5-2ohm difference. I took the mod into local store and the predator they have was matching ohms almost perfectly with every tank we put on it including both my tfv8 and elabo.

3. The trigger seems to be a lot looser then when I first got it and the "click" sound it makes is different as well. Could this have anything to do with the over heating? I have watched the youtube videos about the juice getting under the contacts at the top of the mod and am wondering if this has anything to do with it? I have not taken it completely apart yet because I am still fighting with the company to see if they will do anything for me and do not want to void any "warranty". I did have couple issues with my tfv8 tank leaking, which I have seemed to have gotten resolved. But, there were a couple times that the mod ended up with juice all over it. :(
3a. I have had several times where nothing happens when I hit the trigger button. Sometimes to get it to work again I will have to turn it off, take batteries out and it will work just fine for while. This happens on a completely random basis.

My family has a couple different mods (Kanger, Smoke and others), they do not seem too have any of these problems. Please help! I am getting very frustrated! I did finally break down and spend the last of what money I had on another mod yesterday.

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Man ... Just stop with wismec. My wife had to have the predator she knew wismec was junk but she had to have it.
This piece of shit turns off 3x a day by itself, fire button wont register atleast 50+x a day. So when i threw it against the wall that fixed all its problems .... Trash.

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
I'd have to agree with Jriley. Wismec stuff has been really janky lately. I guess you could try going directly to Wismec but from what I hear they have typical Chinese CS. So sorry you're having this kind of trouble. Unfortunately in today's day and age you really have to do your research before you plunk down the dollars. Also, it's important to buy from a vendor that stands behind their products. Most of the vendors that are here are really good about that. I do hope it works out for you.

Sent from my LG-K425 using Tapatalk

I'd have to agree with Jriley. Wismec stuff has been really janky lately. I guess you could try going directly to Wismec but from what I hear they have typical Chinese CS. So sorry you're having this kind of trouble. Unfortunately in today's day and age you really have to do your research before you plunk down the dollars. Also, it's important to buy from a vendor that stands behind their products. Most of the vendors that are here are really good about that. I do hope it works out for you.

Thanks, I did do a little research on it but apparently not enough or didn't dig deep enough lol. Lesson learned on not using some online stores, but things were just way too expensive getting it from vape shops in my area. From the reviews I found on them they seemed ok, only had a few bad ones (what company doesn't).

Deucesjack

VU Donator
Platinum Contributor
Member For 4 Years
ECF Refugee
Thanks, I did do a little research on it but apparently not enough or didn't dig deep enough lol. Lesson learned on not using some online stores, but things were just way too expensive getting it from vape shops in my area. From the reviews I found on them they seemed ok, only had a few bad ones (what company doesn't).
I wouldn't swear off online stores. There are a bunch of good ones with very fair return policies. The best way to research a mod is to find a couple of reviewers that you trust. Unfortunately, that may take some time and effort. Sometimes it's just the luck of the draw no matter how much research you do. Case in point, people love the Crown III. Me, I'm not impressed with it at all.. I have a Predator as well. Mine works fine so far but that could change any day. Some people swear by DNA boards, others have had multiple problems. The point is different people have different experiences. Find some people here you trust that vape like you and exchange ideas. That's the best way to use this forum.

Jriley

Bronze Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Do yourself a favor, if breazy still has the sale going on.
Order one of these Battlestars, this is the best quality feeling device i ever held for less than 50 bucks. This chip smoant uses is nuts to this thing hits harder than my dna250 and like .. Instantly..
29.99 many will tell ya its the best bang for your buck regulated mod.
Sorry for the speech lol
8e8902ef9d584dfdbcf20cf4f3b90ecf.jpg

SirRichardRear

AKA Anthony Vapes on Youtube
VU Donator
Diamond Contributor
Member For 3 Years
Reviewer
Hello,
New to this forum so feel free to move thread if not in correct area... Sorry for such the long post and if there is anything in here that is a stupid/"duh" question.

After year or so of vaping with different pens and seeing family members with different mod set ups I made the leap last month. I ordered a predator 228 kit from an online vape store. So far they have been no help in trying to get things resolved. There are several issues I have had over the past week and the company is saying all issues I am having are completely normal. I have spent a lot of time reading up on these different issues and do not think that all of them are completely normal.

1. (Biggest problem I am having!) My predator has been getting extremely hot mostly after 3 hits and especially towards the end of the day. The bottom (mostly on trigger side of mod) and sometimes the entire mod will get so hot that I can not even hold it and have to put it down. The batteries do not seem to be getting hot and I have even tried three different sets. All batteries used are of high quality, are paired sets and charged externally. The overheating does seem to be worse when I have the smok tfv8 tank on the mod vs the elabo tank. I typically run at 45-70w with factory made coils if 0.15-0.25ohm. (I know that they can get hot especially with chain vaping but none of my family members mods get so hot that you can not touch them!)

2. The ohms on the mod do not match ohms of coil. I know that there can be a 0.5-1ohm discrepancy but at times there is almost a 1.5-2ohm difference. I took the mod into local store and the predator they have was matching ohms almost perfectly with every tank we put on it including both my tfv8 and elabo.

3. The trigger seems to be a lot looser then when I first got it and the "click" sound it makes is different as well. Could this have anything to do with the over heating? I have watched the youtube videos about the juice getting under the contacts at the top of the mod and am wondering if this has anything to do with it? I have not taken it completely apart yet because I am still fighting with the company to see if they will do anything for me and do not want to void any "warranty". I did have couple issues with my tfv8 tank leaking, which I have seemed to have gotten resolved. But, there were a couple times that the mod ended up with juice all over it. :(
3a. I have had several times where nothing happens when I hit the trigger button. Sometimes to get it to work again I will have to turn it off, take batteries out and it will work just fine for while. This happens on a completely random basis.

My family has a couple different mods (Kanger, Smoke and others), they do not seem too have any of these problems. Please help! I am getting very frustrated! I did finally break down and spend the last of what money I had on another mod yesterday.
Sorry OP sadly while the wismec and joyetech issues have been well documented on forums and such most people tend not to point them out. in general just avoid both brands. much better otpions for cheaper. as someone suggested the battlestar is a great and really cheap. I did a full review here

VU Sponsors